Blog Archive

Friday, September 3, 2021

Dreaming of Autumn-

 Good morning, ya'll and happy happy Friday! Thank you so much for all of the sweet words of comfort and prayers sent to my family and myself. We can certainly feel your love and support, and it means so much. It may take me a few days, but I intend to respond to each and everyone. Can I give you a hug? 🤗🤗

                   

Well it happened. I just had to pull out some fall decor.😃 I just need a little distraction and a pick me up so I started out small in the little foyer where I always put out the same old thing- lots and lots of crows.  

                

Have I told you that crows are another one of my favorite birds?  I don't know why but I think they are soooooo cute.   I am still piddling with my decorating and will be tweaking for awhile , but I thought I would share my little fall tree.  

                       

Those of you who have been visiting me for awhile know how I am. Lol. I am a country clutter bug. My little tree is crammed full with everything - Hey maybe the kitchen sink is in there too! This little tree sits in an olive bucket and then it is nestled in an old enamel pot that my sister Amy gave me. I have  added  strips of homespun, Dollar Tree leaf garland, sunflowers and crows to this little  tree.The little pumpkins were from a yard sale as was the big wooden crow at the top of the tree. 

                      

A sweet little crow and raggedy scarecrow hang out at the bottom of the tree. 

                 

I pulled out some fall quilts too. They all are crow themed and have been made over the years. I have them draped over shutters from the Goodwill. 

                    

Well it is Friday and that means it is Finish It or Not Friday with Alyica. And Eeeh ! I have a finish! It is a small one- the little Kim Diehl quilt that I shared with you a few Sundays ago called Fair and Square  from Kim's book Simple Whatnots II. 

                   

It is made up of lots of little 1 1/2" squares.



 This little quilt  wandered around the house until it found its way among the country clutter hanging from the flour bin of the old hoosier top. 

                                       

Don't look too close; you may see some dust bunnies. 😆

As I was pulling out a few small quilts , I found this little piece called "Fall" that I embroidered last year.

     

 It was a freebie embroidery design that I found at Prim Mart where you can find all kinds of cute freebies. I colored mine with crayons and heat set it and then embroidered. It was sew much fun.  

                   

I also wanted to share a quick little craft that I did awhile back . Twig ornaments- Little stars made from sticks that I hot glued and added a bit of jute twine to each end.

                      

 I usually hang these on my fall tree or stick in my decor. Super cute and quick. 

                      

Well I am off to pull out more fall pieces. Staying busy is a great distraction plus the grandbabies really love seeing the pumpkins appear. lol. Now if we can only get that weather to cool down a bit . 

 I so appreciate you dropping by today and hope to chat with you real soon. Have a wonderful , safe weekend my friends and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll 

Melisa 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Alycia's of Alycia Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant 143

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party 

Frederique at  Applique Patchwork Quilting for Patchwork & Quilts #61

Nostalgia- that's the Autumn; dreaming through September; Just a million lovely things;  I will always remember- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

Hugs and Stitches! 

Dedicated to my sister , Amy . I love you. 
































15 comments:

  1. J'aime beaucoup votre déco un peu fouillie, remplie de souvenirs. Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are lovely as always. Amy will always be with you whenever you see the pretties she gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations for fall! What does your family think of you being a "country clutter bug"? I love that description.
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that description, "country clutter bug"! Your mini quilt is darling, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see your "Fall" post, I also like to watch black birds, although AZ has big Ravens. They are really a smart bird and so resourceful. Love your "country clutter", I enlarge the pictures and look at each little element (I didn't notice any dust bunnies, LOL). Now I need to go and make a small quilt... Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are so stinkin cute. Love your tree and all of it. So on the fall scarecrow, you color it ,put a cloth over what you colored and then heat set with your iron? He is adorable and I would love to make one. You always make me want to make a small quilt when I see your pretties. ❤️🌻🧡🍁🍂🍁🧡🖤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing a glimpse into your "country clutter" fall edition today, Melisa! I love that you have stories behind each thing in your collections. Those stars are darling and wouldn't they be cute on a cabin Christmas tree with all natural decorations :) Take care now... I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgeous Autumn things. It was the first day of Spring last Wednesday and all the lovely blossom is out. Have a lovely weekend Melisa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cozy country clutter. And I love crows. They are so fascinating to watch. Happy hands, happy heart. Happy crafting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Très jolie la décoration d'automne et la petite courtepointe ,bravo !
    Bon week-end

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's fun that your grands get into the spirit of looking for all the pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the cutest things!! I love all the Fall I see in your photos. The stick stars are really neat. I have a friend who has country clutter, always has. When my son (now 36) was about 10 years old, he told me he wish our house was more like Mrs. Betty’s.... he said her house just felt so “homey.”

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mini quilts, and what a beautiful idea to decorate an Autumn tree! A lot of cute things here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your displays. They are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love your finish - but !! I have to tell you - I am so enamored by all your fall decorations!!!! They are just lovely and I love fall and this whole post just brings smiles to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday