Monday, September 28, 2020

Is there a T-Rex in that Fall Tree?

Happy Monday! Please come on in and visit for awhile. The pumpkin muffins are warm out of the oven, and I am serving  coffee and  tea.  Well, the trees are nice and green outside - the leaves have not started to change, but I do have a fall tree in my living room. This fall tree is crammed full with Autumn goodness, and yes, you may see a dinosaur or two  tucked somewhere in there . 😃 

This little tree is an old white tree that I have had for years. Yes, it is a little raggedy, but it does the job of holding a large collection of fall items. It sits in an old bushel basket that my Nanny painted years ago. I place it in front of the built in china cabinet. 

This tree has anything and everything fall - sunflowers,  little metal stakes and signs from the Dollar tree , golden balls, and little jack o lantern buckets turned around until Halloween where then they will reveal their little grins. 

Only one piece of stitching made it on the tree which was my little freebie called "Big Jax and Little Jacks". The little Blessed pumpkin was a Dollar General find. 

                                                  

I tucked in some buffalo check ribbons as accents. I just love that little fall owl. He was a Dollar Tree find. 


                                        

On top of the tree is a Dollar Tree stake. The grandbabies love the tree, and you can probably tell that they have made some adjustments particularly around the bottom of the tree. Though he may be hard to spot, there is a T-rex dinosaur in the tree! Lol. 






This little brontosaurus was an ornament my grandson made.He embellished it with a glittery pipe cleaner. Lol . So cute. 

 Nothing says fall like a T-Rex in your fall decor  or maybe a brontosaurus. 


On the other side of the tree is a little stool with a scarecrow, chicken, and pumpkin sign. 


An enamelware pot holds, sunflowers, lantern, pumpkins and metal cornstalks from the Dollar Tree. 



A little pumpkin doll sits in a cedar doll high chair, and my stitched piece called "Rosie's Pumpkins" is propped near the pumpkin doll. Under the high chair is some thrift store cigar box finds with pumpkins on top. A little bear driving a tractor rounds out the bottom of the tree. 

Well that is it for my little fall tree.  Today , the tree is going to be transformed into a Halloween tree. So I hope you will come back and visit and maybe see if you can spot the T-Rex in the Halloween tree. Lol . Have a beautiful day. And as always...

Happy decorating, 

Melisa


3 comments:

  1. Your fall tree is awesome. I will be back to study the pictures more fully. Yum on the pumpkin muffins. Oh to live close enough to sit, chat, and stitch over pumpkin muffins. Have a good day, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MELISA!!!!
    LOVE THIS SWEET TREE!! Now you knew that I would, didn't you?????? I have a few of the same decorations like the Dollar Tree stakes and the thankful pumpkin and I have the same colored ball ornaments on my Autumn Elegance Tree in the Living Room....And the area around the Tree decorated is absolutely adorable!! Boy, do I wish we lived closer to each other because we would surely be good friends and would be visiting each other all the time!!! Don't know if I mentioned this before but I love the color of your walls and the wall paper border!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Look at all that fall goodness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour