Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

""What's in the Works Wednesday"


Do Everything in Love! Isn't that a wonderful sentiment?  I sure think so . 


This stitch is a freebie from Silver Creek Samplers , and it works up quickly. I began mine  Monday night after dear Marianne sent me this freebie. Thank you , Marianne.  
Speaking of Love . My little raggedy tree is plumb  loaded down with all kinds of Valentines and all things red  and pink.  I promise you there is a tree in there somewhere.   I think I can find a place for my new stitch . Don't you? 😀

I have to show the beautiful fabric that I recently won from Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter




. Eeeeh! It's Farm fabric at that!!!! Tractors, Chickens  and Barns , Oh my!!!!!  This is Timeless Treasures "The Coop" Collection. 

  
Jennifer recently celebrated 6 years  on her   Wednesday Weight Loss link party ,  and in celebration she offered a sweet giveaway. Thank you , Jennifer. I can not tell you how much your generosity and inspiration  means to me.  I am already dreaming of a project for these yummy fabrics. ❤🤗

I have added a couple of more pink blocks in the 54-40 or Fight Freestyle Quilt   which is a design by Missouri Star Quilt Company.


 A tutorial is on their Youtube channel.   I will revisit this quilt in March when I find out the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 



That's my Wednesday ramblings from the holler. I hope you have a very lovely day and thank you for the sweet visit.

As Always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa

Your smile is the reason for many others to smile. -Winnie the Pooh.  

Hugs and Stitches and Warm Winter Wishes !!!🤗❤🧵

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy   . Love and miss you., Amo ❤❤ 

Ya'll come back now, ya hear !

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday- Thursday

TGIFF at Melva Loves Scraps for Thank Goodness Its Finished Friday- Friday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday


 

30 comments:

  1. I really like the chain in the quilt you're piecing, it really ties the quilt together, so cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Gretchen. I fell in love with it when I saw it on Jenny's video. I can not wait to add more blocks to it.

      Delete
  2. I love how you finished Do everything in love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Joy. I was worried about cutting it into the heart shape ,but thankfully it all came out well.

      Delete
  3. Love your new fabric - there's something about red, black and white!
    Thank you for mentioning the freebie - love that verse. And your tree! Um, there is a tree isn't there? LOL!
    I looked up the 54-40 quilt on you tube while listening to my dh give me the history of it - looks like another on my list of quilts to make!
    Have a great day! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree, Donna red, black and white look fabulous together. I am drooling over the chicken and tractor fabrics. Lol. that is what my hubby says about my trees. I just tell him I need a triangular shape so I can cram it full. Lol. Eeeh I am glad you have another quilt to add to your to do list. Jenny makes it an easy one to work on. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your fabric winning's, it's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Vicki. Lol I think it is too. I can not wait to create something with them. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  5. (Little Penpen) congrats! On winning the cute fabric! I know you will make something pretty. Love the new stitch, too. I love how busy you stay and all the cute things you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you , Penny. I am already brainstorming on what to create, but I want to highlight the tractor and chickens. They are so cute. Lol. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Your quilt blocks look lovely. What a wonderful fabric collection you won and so perfect for you, Melisa! Your heart stitch looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. I have been having a great time piecing the blocks for the piece up quickly. The heart stitch was a fast and fun one. I am over the moon with the finish. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. This heart is precious!
    I love to see how a masterpiece emerges thanks to your talent.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Isabel. I was scared to cut it into the heart shape, but it worked out perfectly. Have a great weekend. Hugs

      Delete
  8. I really like where you are headed with the 54-40 Churn Dash. It is looking great! The Valentine freebie is a lovely little stitch! Love the tree! Such festive eye candy! I am working on a QOV with bonus triangles. They are small but they are mighty! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Ginny and what an honor too. Our quilt guild use to make them years ago. I bet yours is beautiful. I am really enjoying the 54-40; it is hard to wait for the next color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I will. Happy Quilting.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the fabric win! Love those chickens, sooo cute! Pretty stitchery. ...and that's one decorated tree! Cute raggedy dolls and what caught my eye is the colorful rooster! :) Love the 54-40 blocks. I've saved the link, maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Astrid. I was over the moon to win the fabrics. I am a chicken lover so I was jumping for joy that was for sure. I found that great big rooster at a yard sale this past summer. I couldn't resist him. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  10. Awww. I'm so glad you love the fabrics! I love your work and I know you'll come up with the perfect project for them. That Raggedy Tree is so cute, all filled up with your valentine's projects. Adorable! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell linkup, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your kindness, Jennifer . You made my week and this fabric collection was perfect for me since I am a farm girl. I just love the chicken and tractor fabrics; they make my heart sing. Have a great weekend and thank you again.

      Delete
  11. Your stitching is beautiful, I will go there to get the chart. Nice fabrics, can't wait to see what you'll do with them. You quilt is looking so pretty, I love the colors!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Diana. It did not take that long to stitch the Valentine's freebie up .I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy Valentine's Day.

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful little stitchery! I will share that link, so thanks for posting it. So appropriate for Valentine month. Those were the perfect fabrics for you to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Susan. Thank you so much. I had a ball stitching the Valentine's piece and lol those fabrics were perfect. I can not wait to come up with a farm quilt . Happy quilting.

      Delete
  13. Love that little Valentine stitchery! And I really love that farm fabric. It is awesome. Congrats on the win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH thank you so much, Brenda. The Valentine's cross stitch worked up fast and I can not wait to plan a quilt with my new fabrics. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your win! I'll bet you come up with something truly wonderful to make the most of those farm-fresh fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Susie. I was surprised and over the moon. I love anything farm related.

      Delete
  15. Your Valentine tree is full of love and lovely! Well done with the pretty embroidery, you stitched it quickly! Congratulations on winning these cute fabrics, I'm sure we will see pretty projects coming soon ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear. I have enjoyed my little raggedy tree for the holiday and I am looking forward to using the fabrics in the near future. Have a wonderful week. Happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday