Saturday, June 4, 2022

Hive Sweet Hive- A Bee Freebie

Good morning, ya'll and Happy Saturday.  Looky at my new rolling pin!!! BUZZZZZ! It has bees imprinted all over it. Isn't it the Bee's Knees? 

Last weekend when Mr. Pinker and I went  on a Saturday drive, I stopped in a Dollar General where I found 2 of these cutie patootie rolling pins. I snatched them up like a bandit - one for me and one for mom.  The Bee Kind mug came from Dollar General as well. 

At the second Dollar General , I found these sweet as honey farm signs, and for a buck I could not pass them up. They even have jute hangers on them so they could be hung on a seasonal tree, from a hook or placed in a tiered tray. They are about 3 1/2" square - just the perfect size. 

I have been seeing a lot of bee stitching on IG especially on Tuesdays. I have been working on a few new bee stitches myself though I will not pull out all of my bee decor until after July 4th.  You know me; my house is  decked out in red, white, and blue right now. 

I do have a new bee design to share with you. "Hive Sweet Hive". This piece is dedicated to dear Deborah S.  for giving me the idea. Thank you so much, Deborah. My mind immediately started swirling with ideas as soon as I read your message and I knew I wanted it to have a " country feel " to it.  This was such a delight to create and stitch. 

I stitched mine on 14 count aida which I had tea/ coffee dyed . For a moment, I had considered stitching it on Rit dyed denim blue aida, but I changed my mind.  Wouldn't that be pretty though? 

 If ya'll stitch my designs, you probably can tell that I pretty much gravitate to the same ole' floss colors. But in this piece,  I did introduce a "new to me" color -  DMC 3777- Very Dark Terra Cotta.  Oh ,what a lovely color.   The other floss colors that I used were DMC blanc, 469, 3371, 780, 782, & 975. 

If you are interested , I invite you to check out the links below which will whisp you away to the jpgs. 

Many of you know , but I always like to leave this little disclaimer.  

I stitch my little designs for fun and to decorate my home. I feel very blessed by this community and love sharing my little charts, but I am not a professional designer. And I do not have professional software. Thank you for understanding that I  have to put each page on separate links because of the devices I use. I apologize for that.  These are images of the chart  or JPG s and not downloads.   I am always grateful for your kind encouragement , your visits, and for stitching my little designs. 

Click here for the Instruction page.




Click here for the Colored Chart. 


Click here for the Black / White Chart. 


I am all into refreshing drinks this summer. So I thought I would share this lemonade recipe. It is a lip smacker. 

                                                        Honey Lemonade 

YIELDS: 1. 5 quarts
INGREDIENTS
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice ( about 6 lemons) 
1/2 cup of honey
5 cups of cold water
lemon slices to garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Squeeze lemons. 
2. Mix the lemon juice and honey together until thoroughly combined.
3. Add cold water and stir. 
4. Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with  a lemon slice. 


Well that is my Saturday ramblings.  I hope today will be a buzzzy day. I am going to head out early to see if I can spy any yard sales .  The rest of the day I will be in the quilt nest  until later in the evening and then back to the garden I will gleefully go.   I am going to remove suckers from the tomatoes and try to propogate them. Wish me luck. 
Have a beeautiful day, my friends and thank you for the sweet visit! As always....

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต 

Dedicated to my sweet sister, Amy. I miss you buzzing about here and there and everywhere. You were our queen bee. I love ya!  Today is monument day. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ‘ผ






9 comments:

  1. Cute finds at Dollar General! Love your blog and adorable huve design. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling bee design, Melisa! What super finds you came home with! I am going to give your lemonade recipe a try once I get some lemons. I love a good lemonade. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you did it Melisa, I have to stitch your new beehive too!! I just finished stitching two of your freebies and need to add the finishing touches and then I'll blog about them. Thank you for your fun designs and generosity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hive Sweet Hive is the best, thank you, I love it on the coffee/tea dyed but, yes, it would look great on the denim blue. I fell in love with your signs and the mug, I never find these things here in Arizona, maybe I don't look hard enough, LOL! Have a wonderful weekend, by the way, how are your bees doing? Sending love and hugs to you from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, it is so beautiful and is perfect!! Thank you so much, this means a lot to me. And I also appreciate that you gave us the hint to run by Dollar General!! Again, Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola amiga Melissa y feliz domingo de puntadas!!!! como SIEMPRE me quedo atrapada con tus diseรฑos!!! este ademรกs de dulce y bonito es muy fรกcil de hacer. asรญ que otro mas para hacer jajjaa gracias corazรณn por compartirlo y te deseo un feliz DOMINGO d puntadas1 yo tambiรฉn estarรฉ en ello nada mas terminar de escribir en los blogs! estoy haciendo otro de tus bordados que te enseรฑare1 te adelanto algo... es TAMBIEN DE COLMENA !! jajja besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet. Thank you for such a lovely design. You always find the coolest things. I go into Dollar General and it looks like a tornado hit it, and by the time I make it to the "cute" section, all that is left is a piece of twine and a left over baby shoe, always just one...and it looks as though it has seen better days. Just sayin'. You always inspire me with your lovely designs and decorations. Happy Sunday sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Hive sweet hive. I can't wait to stitch it. You have so many cute charts and thanks for sharing with us. I love to see your Dollar tree finds. I will have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do like your new bee project!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.