Friday, April 2, 2021

The Quilting Blues

Happy, happy Saturday and a great big hello, ya'll!  How are you doing today?  Just a little bit of quilting has gone  on this week- not a lot.

  Worked on my Spring Chicks quilt.  It is in the hoop with one block quilted , but no, not finished.  Ohh! Maybe this  upcoming week. 

                                 

Yesterday evening, I realized that I needed to check  Angela's blog of So Scrappy to see what color is the month of April going to be for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Woo Hoo ! It is blue! 

                            " There are so many shades of  blues; 

                              Different tones and different hues....

                                What sort of blue are you?" 

I rushed to the Quilt Nest and pulled out a handful of scraps. 

Can I interest you in a pot of 1 1/2" squares? There are some blues in there. 

                   


How about a plate of chicken? 

                    

With my handful of scraps , I chose 2 blues and appliqued my little hen. 

Last month, I appliqued my green hen. I do need to go back and do catch up with a pink and yellow chicken. 



This was a short visit; wasn't it? But I am so happy you stopped by for a spell. I hope your weekend is filled with many blessings, and you are able to spend it with family and friends. Have a wonderful day and a very Happy Easter. And as always...

Happy quilting, ya'll

Melisa

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Alycia of  Alycia's Quilts  For Finished or Not Friday

Angela of So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant 123

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts and More  for Peacock Party                                                                    



Today is the perfect day to be happy!!!
              Hugs and Stitches,






 

13 comments:

  1. I love the blues! The chick quilt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Penny. I look forward to having some time in the quilt room soon. Have a lovely week and thank you for visiting

      Delete
  2. Your applique chickens are really cute, so are the embroidered ones too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gretchen . They are a lot of fun to work on . I hope to have the embroidery quilt completed this week. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Your chicks and chickens are looking good, Melisa! I love blues in any hue, shade or intensity. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Robin. I love blues too and am looking forward to making more blocks. I noticed in one of your recent posts , you had a lot of blue stitches and wondered if that was one of your favorite colors. Big hugs

      Delete
  4. Blues and yellows are just such happy colors. Love you chicks and they will make an adorable sweet quilt. Your blog is always so happy, so glad I found you. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Patti for the sweetest comment. I try to stay as happy and positive as possible. I know I enjoy being around happy people. Lol. I am enjoying working on the little chick quilts and hope to get in the quilt room soon to make more. Have a lovely week, dear.

      Delete
  5. I love your blue hen! I know you'll combine all the colors of hens in a rainbow quilt, but I would love one with just blue hens. Maybe someday. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much , Marti for the sweet visit. A blue hen quilt would be so delightful. Hmmm my mind is whirling with the images. I hope you decide to make one soon and lol I may join you. Have a very blessed week , dear.

      Delete
  6. Your posts always bring a smile to my heart and lips. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Jacqueline .You are so sweet and always make me feel special. Thank you so much dear for being so kind and supportive. Have a very blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I feel like your Quilt Nest is filled with a lot of awesome treasures!!!! These blues are beautiful and in a bowl - how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday