Thursday, April 1, 2021

Thrifty Thursday and Easter Tiered Trays

 Happy April 1st and Happy Thursday, ya'll. Brr it is chilly outside. A cold front moved in last night,  and it is windy.  I moved all of my seedlings and ferns inside the house so the foyer is packed with pots and plants right now. Hopefully, by Saturday they will be back outside for some warm sunshine, and I will be able to play in the dirt again. 

 I thought I would share some thrifty finds today.  My favorite place to shop is thrift shops. You never know what treasures you will find. I had the opportunity to go to the Goodwill yesterday. I am fortunate in that we have one of the best Goodwill's in our area and is reasonably cheap compared to others that I have been too - though it has been cheaper in the past.  

                   

I scored. Woo Hoo!  

As I was looking through the knick knacks I saw this sampler leaning against the wall. I whirled around some shoppers and rushed my clickety little buggy over and snatched it up. Boy, was that a rush. 

            

 It is in a 16 x 20 frame and was professionally framed in Las Vegas.  I love it!!!

 I then continued on and found a Wedgwood saucer , a 1992 Crayola tin ( love advertising tins),  a 1992 calendar towel ( another collection I have ) and a shadow box. 

         

I also spotted this Americana cross stitched house.  I thought about maybe removing it from the frame and making a pillow, but I will decide later. 

           

When I went to the linens section, I about broke out into a happy dance when I saw this little snowman quilt, but I promise you I contained myself. 

What a "fantabulous thrifty day!!!  Lol I am still on a high!

I also thought I would share my Easter tiered trays before they are changed out. I have several throughout the house but will share 3 of them.  First stop - the kitchen. 

          

My kitchen two tiered tray is by my corner sink, and it is filled with flowers, chickens, and eggs.  

The top tier has a yellow chicken creamer,  a rooster and Walmart Easter eggs. 

The bottom tier sports, roosters in cups, Pioneer Woman salt and pepper shakers and more eggs. I filled in the spaces with Dollar Tree flowers and berry picks. 

 A little crocheted pot holder has a Dollar General red rooster on it. 

      

 My dining table is filled with a mod podge of left over Easter stuff that was gifted to me or thrifted.  

I pulled out my yellow and white tablecloth and placed a lace curtain as table runner. Yellow plaid placemats are each seating. On top of the runner, is my metal tray with a tiered tray that my daughter gifted me.

          

  Little bunny and Easter egg blocks are scattered on the tiers with lots of little eggs and flowers. 

                  

 Val's Little Stuff "Spring's a Buzzin'" is the little cross stitch- all finished into a little pillow. This chart was a sweet gift from a dear friend. . Did I tell you we are in the living room now?

          

 The sofa table sports a two tiered plate stand. 

        

I placed 2 large spring plates on the stand and then crammed them full with my white milk glass and a collection of pitchers. Those items stay there year round. I just change out the plates and what is in the milk glass containers. 

 The vintage pottery thermometer is a thrifty finds from years ago.  Little chicks , birds , and bunnies rest in the nooks and crannies.  

                  

The little stitched piece next to the plate stand is a Lizzie Kate piece that I stitched about 2 1/2 years ago. 

     

 The wool applique rug mug is a freebie design from Shabby Fabrics ; click on the link to go to all kinds of quilty freebies there. . I finished that in 2019  using pieces of wool clothing that I have collected over the years. 

Thank you so much for visiting me today. Just a few more days and the little bunny decor will be hopping back into their totes until next year.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Easter. And as always...

Happy thrifting and decorating, 

Melisa


If it involves junking, I am all in!!!
                                           Hugs and Stitches



















10 comments:

  1. You found so many great things that fit in with your creative design sense. I actually stitched that American pattern in 1992 and have it framed and hanging in my hallway. :) I like the idea of using the tiered stands to decorate with seasonally. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Tammy. I was very excited by my finds and felt fortunate. I so appreciate you dropping by and leaving such a kind comment. Have a lovely weekend and Happy Easter.

      Delete
  2. I'm always so impressed with your decorating, lovely tour. Your thrift shop discoveries were wonderful. Have peaceful and blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome things you found at Goodwill, Melisa! Both of the stitcheries and the little snowman quilt -- wow! Your tiered trays are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much pretty!! I would have fought you for the Adam and Eve sampler. 😜 great finds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure scored some stinkin goodies. I can see you now doing your happy dance. Everything looks so springy and happy. Happy Easter sweetie, hope you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score!!! What great finds! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet vignettes. You have quite the eye for thrifty finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree you have one of the best, and that being the case, all of the ones near me, and the other brand thrifts, too, have to be among the worst! You'd think E. TN would bulge with wonderful things, but nope, they don't. I almost never find anything crafty or artsy, no cute fabric things or pictures or even kits, no lace or quilts or ball pitchers or any fun things. I DID score an original Singer Featherweight card table for $25, and quietly spent the last money in my wallet for it, knowing it would be multiple times that if they knew it was authentic, and it was, I checked first. I'm still sewing on it, but rarely with a FW, usually with my Viking I have loved for over 25 years and will never trade in. Surely would like to find just one Santa cup. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susan. I do fortunate to have so many good thrift stores in our area. I know what you mean on thrifting in East TN.  I did find one good one during the summer. I do wish I could remember the name of it.  We also went into NC where  we found some good thrifting.  Great score on the card table. It sounds like it has been well worth the money. 

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour