Monday, April 19, 2021

Magnificent Monday

It is a magnificent Monday! Hello, dear friends . How are ya'll doing? It has been a busy ,busy day - just like I like it.  I am usually here piddling around the house by myself on Mondays- my hubby calls it "Me Time Monday " .  So what have I been up to today?  Cleaning, sewing and a bit of puttering, but today hubby was off from work. Did that stop "Me Time Monday"? Oh , no!  So he has been pressure washing the house. I have been moving things around and working on gardening and sewing projects throughout the day . 

I thought I would share some recent projects that I have worked on in the last couple of weeks. I have been doing really good on staying on my rotation. I think I need 3 star stickers.⭐⭐⭐. Lol  I usually try to spend 15 to 30 minutes on a themed project for the day.  

Here is my rotation

Merry Monday- A Christmas project

Tomato Tuesday - a tomato themed project 

Tiny Tuesday- a tiny stitch.  ( My friend Christina from IG started this Tuesday theme)

Witchy Wednesday- A Halloween stitch

Thankful  Thursday- a Thanksgiving stitch or a free stitch

Fall Friday-  An Autumn Stitch

Stars and Stripes Saturday- A patriotic stitch

Sampler Saturday-  A sampler

Santa Sunday-  A Christmas stitch. 


Do you have a rotation ? I would love to hear about it. 

A couple of weeks ago on Tomato Tuesday, I completed Heart in Hand's "Tomato Tart" . This chart was gift from my dear friend, Joan. We have been stitching tomato themed projects on Tuesday. I know I have a little tart pan that it might fit in but have not located it yet. 

Tomato Tart by Heart in Hand Needlearts

I also began a new Annie stitch. Dorothy and Alma are all stitched now Annie and Edna need to make their appearance. This is going to be a patriotic piece.
 


Last Wednesday was another warm day. So I took the opportunity to dye a little fabric gray and let it dry outside. Within about an hour it was already to be stitched on soooo for my Witchy Wednesday piece. I started a new Halloween chart.  I eventually got this pumpkin coach all filled in. 

Saturday started off with a bang! A new start and a finish -all in the wee morning hours as I watched Jessica Fletcher solve crimes in Cabot Cove in the TV show Murder She Wrote.  In two episodes, "Floral" Pinkeep" by From the Heart Needleart by Wendy was completed. This was  a freebie in Wendy's last newsletter.  Click here to visit Wendy's website and sign up for her newsletter. 

I hope to share my finish on this soon. 

Well today, I popped into the Quilt Nest to begin piecing this little stitch called Love 2 Quilt by HInzeit another gift from a sweet stitchy friend. 
 I am going to make a little mini quilt. The fabrics are cut. So I will finish piecing it today. 
Later in the evening, I will be heading to the  grandbaby's baseball game ; I will be taking my basket quilt along to work on while watching the kiddos. 

These little  baskets are just darling. 

Later tonight at 10 pm, you will find my on the couch watching Hart to Hart and stitching on Abby Rose Designs " A Joyful Heart"  ( My Hart to Hart - stitch) . 

Here is the last photo I shared . 


And now for my progress photo. 

- Doing pretty good- Right? 

Well I hope you are having a magnificent Monday and a "Me time Monday " as well. Everybody needs a day to dedicate a day to themselves.  Have a very lovely evening, my sweet peeps and as always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll
Melisa 
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap
Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday


When life gives you Monday, dip it  in glitter and sparkle all day!!!!
Hugs and Stitches!!! 

19 comments:

  1. I’ve just got to make a tomato soon!! And a strawberry! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much. I hope you do make a tomato and strawberry pinkeep soon. I hope you share it. Have a great week and happy stitching.

      Delete
  2. Loved finding out what you watch while you stitch. Haven't watched Hart to Hart since it's been on. Love Murder She Wrote. Finished watching season 3 of Scarecrow and Mrs. King (4th season isn't out :( ).
    I don't have a rotation because there are projects for others that I want to do, so there are time contraints on those.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Donna. I usually watch the older shows every night as I stitch if I am not watching Flosstube, but assigning a stitch to a tv show does keep me focused. Lol. I haven't seen Scarecrow and Mrs. Kind in years. It is not on our channels. I am going to see if it is on Netflix or Amazon prime. Thank you for reminding me about this show. Lol It was a good one.

      Delete
  3. How interesting to have a stitching rotation! Your cross stitch projects are amazing! I start out with a plan but often deviate quickly from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that does happen to me often, Terry even with quilting. I would love to be able to work on one project but my mind does not work that way. Lol. Thank you so much for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  4. You have been a busy crafter! Each one of your projects looks fabulous, Melisa. It definitely sounds like your rotation is working for you. I don't use a rotation, but I do write out a list of goals that I want to accomplish with my stitching each month. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you , Robin.When I 1st started stitching I was very faithful to my rotation. I wish I was still good about that. Every now and then I stray but here lately I have been good. I like making goal lists too. Of course , I always love hearing what you are up to.

      Delete
  5. It's Tuesday and I woke up to light snow which is getting thicker and sticking to everything now. Guess I'll have brown tips on my hosta and roses, etc. It's just below freezing and I hope my plants in my greenhouse will be okay. It's about 45 degrees inside it. I put plants in there until the end of May when I can plop them in the ground. No tomatoes yet but I have some Salvia, Catmint, Butterfly Weed and a little green pepper. They look fine but I'm sure they're feeling the chill. I usually watch Poirot or my You Tube channels while stitching. I didn't watch Poirot when it was on tv because the commercial snippits didn't look appealing. I love it now and have probably watched all the episodes at least 3 times. I also love Midsomer Murders. Again I've watched them over and over. The first time it was all about the murders (never a single murder) but the second time through I enjoyed the English cottages and gardens more. I'll be stitching or quilting some table runners I made. I also have a stack of unfinished project bags. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope your roses and hostas did not get nipped by the cold. It dropped into the low 30's early this week and dad had to run the frost protection for his crops. I brought in lots of my plants, but decided not to cover the hostas. I know my lemon balm is not looking great but it usually does well. I hope you keep me updated on your garden. I am not familiar with those tv shows but am going to see if I can find them online. I am always looking for a great show to watch as I stitch. Have a great week and weekend and hope you get a lot accomplished.

      Delete
  6. You are very diligent in working on all your lovely projects. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Tammy. I have been trying to stay busy even if I just get a bit completed. I figure eventually it will be done one stitch at a time. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you again for the sweet visit and comment

      Delete
  7. Love it all! You always have so many gorgeous pretties on the go. The little Love To Quilt pretty is a pretty stitchery. Love the fabrics you are using to border it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim. I try to stay busy. I wish I could just work on one project and get it completed, but so many projects call me name. Lol . Have a lovely weekend, dear and happy quilting.

      Delete
  8. I like your idea of each day a theme. Good idea. Your little baskets quilt is my favorite this week, but I like all of your work. Thanks for joining Design Wall Mondays, I look forward to seeing your blog linkup. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Judy. You are so very kind. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to as well. You are very inspiring and goodness there are so many projects that I want to do especially after seeing everyone else's projects. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  9. Melissa, you amaze me with all your beautiful crafting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you so much, Kim. Crafting sure brings me a lot of joy ; I just wish I had more time to complete all that I want to do. Lol. Thank you for the sweet visit and comment.

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much, Jacqueline. You are always so kind and I appreciate your sweet comments. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday