Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Gingerbread and An Autumn Acorn- A Fall Doodle Freebie

 Good Sunday morning, Sunshine! 

It is a lovely day to enjoy some slow stitching so I won't keep you long.  For I am sure you are going to settle down with needle and thread of your own  and stitch the day away. 🤗

Meanwhile, here in the holler I am going to quilt on some gingerbread men on my Roll and Bake quilt.

This has been my 15 a minute a day project for the week.   A Plate of Gingers 

And....since I embroidered my Gingerbread girl for a future Christmas  ornament...

From A Very Vintage Christmas Doodles


... I will begin the little reindeer embroidery.



AND...

I am going to enjoy some needle turn applique in a little  Autumn Acorn block. 

I am appliqueing my acorn on a background piece measuring  7 1/2" x 8 1/2" ( unfinished)  ( 7" x 8 " finished) . Framed with 2 1/2" strips ( unfinished) and 2 1/2" (unfinished)  corner blocks. 


A little doodle just for you. You can use it for embroidery, coloring, needle punch, applique or whatever your sweet heart dreams up!  Enjoy



My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect. ❤

Surely this will keep me busy.  Don't ya' think? 

So tell me what are you going to be working on today? 

May your heart be happy and your fingers nimble as your needle flies! 

Happy Sunday, Sweethearts. Love ya'! 

If you are interested in how I color tinted my Gingerbread embroideries, just check out the link below. 

🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Slow days are not wasteful.Slow days are restful, refreshing and necessary.  "- unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters


36 comments:

  1. You always have such fun things to stitch, love seeing what is keeping you busy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Vicki. I am hoping to move these little projects along . Spending just a few minutes on them makes a difference. I hope you had a lovely day stitching away. Have a fabulous week. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your slow stitching today. You definitely have some fun projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Kate. I had a good day of stitching and have hopes to get the gingerbread quilt finished by the end of the week. I hope you had a good day yourself. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy that sweet stitching today Melisa! I hope to join you, as soon as we can get ourselves up from the table and our empty coffee cups. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you very kindly, Linda. Oh that morning coffee is a must before stitching time. Hee! Hee! I have to have mine before I do anything. Have a great evening. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  4. You're making me crave some gingerbread cookies, Melisa! The little gingerbread girl design is adorable. Thank you for the Autumn doodle, too. I'm going to be stitching binding on my hearts quilt until it is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was looking at a Christmas cookie recipe book the other night, Diann craving cookies myself. But I am moving right along on my gingerbread quilt I hope to have it completed soon. You are a gal on a mission! I hope you had a great day binding your scrappy Hearts. I cannot wait for the final reveal. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet acorn nut to be stitched in so many different possible ways. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. I thought about just embroidering it, but it has been a spell since I have appliqued a small quilt so it will be a fun project. Have a wonderful evening and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. What sweet embroideries! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Alycia. It was a good of stitching. I got a little more completed than I expected. I hope you had a very productive day as well. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Goodness, those are a lot of super cute little projects to keep you busy!! Your little gingerbread girl is as Diann states, adorable! I'm working on a book club project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I cannot wait to see your book club project, Terry. I hope you had a great day working on it. It was a good stitching day here in the holler. I just sat back watched TV and stitched the day away. LOL. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Happy Monday, Melisa! I worked on a birthday gift yesterday. Today is Fiber Friends so will be working on Barn Quilt Cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Robin. I hope you made great progress on both projects and I hope you had a wonderful visit with your Fiber Friends group. I bet you come home filled with inspiration after each meet up. Thank you for the sweet Monday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Such sweet embroideries, Melisa and thanks for the lovely acorn. I hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week ahead. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Brenda. I am moving right along on my Roll and Bake quilt even if it is at a snail's pace. LOL. I wish you the most delightful week working on your pretties. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. So many cute projects you have going on. I am working on a cat quilt and two Christmas stockings made up of hexagons with a mouse pocket on the front, a pattern from Molly and Mama, in between garden harvesting. Can't wait to get back to cross stitching some of your houses, they are a favorite, along with your strawberry pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh the stockings sound amazing! And I am so intrigued by the mouse pocket on the front. Oh , I had to go look it up . Is it the Night Before Christmas stocking? Cute! Cute! Cute! I have always wanted to make a cat quilt. Are you piecing or appliqueing yours? It just warms my heart that you like my houses and strawberries. I hope to post a new house very soon. Thank you for making my day special and enjoy working on your fabulous projects . Hugs.

      Delete
  11. You have the most darling projects in the works, Melisa. The acorn is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Jeanna. I have my fingers crossed that I will finish the quilting on Roll and Bake this week. Wish me luck! LOL Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. That acorn is adorable! I've never done needle turn applique... the only technique I've avoided! Maybe it is time for me to give it a go. ;) Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks, thank you so much , Melva. Needle turn applique is my favorite though here lately I have not been doing much of it. The little acorn will stitch up quickly - well at least I think. LOL. I have mine applique now to do the embroidery. I wish you a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. So lovely to drop by and see your cheery sunflower blog header. :) Of course I can always count on you to be working on the cutest projects. I crocheted and stitched today after going so long without doing anything crafty at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw Tammy, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed a bit of crocheting and stitching time. I hope the time with needle and thread brought you comfort. I have missed your lovely post. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. You made my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Nancy. I thought about stitching it at first but since it has been awhile since I have appliqued, I thought why not give it a whirl. I am so grateful for the sweet Monday visit. Have a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. I've printed out your autumn acorn but haven't decided if I'll applique' it or maybe embroider. It's really cute. I love all of of your sunflower decorations in your blog header. I still need to get mine out before it's time to decorate for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw I am so very grateful, LuAnn. I hope you enjoy the little acorn and I look forward to hearing what you do with it. Oh I do enjoy "Sunflower season" . Have a fabulous time decorating with your sunflower decor. They always bring a smile don't they. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  16. The gingerbread and holiday embroidery almost make me forget how HOT the temperatures have been. They look great. I must admit that I have been so busy cross stitching that I haven't worked on as many embroidery patterns as I had hoped. I have saved these lovely designs for the future. I haven't done any needle turn applique, but I am considering giving a try. I don't know how you get so many projects completed. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, Alicia. It has finally heated up here. I knew we would be paying for the mild summer that we had earlier. LOL. I go through spurts where I enjoy working on one type of project too and then other times I hip hop between projects. You should see how many UFOS I have- it's embarrassing. But every now and then I get something done. We just need more hours in the day . Don't you think? Thank you for the sweet afternoon visit. I hope you have had a lovely day. Stay cool , sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Your posts are always so lovely! I appreciate your generosity sharing your original designs. They are really sweet! I wonder if you’ve posted about your process of coloring embroidery motifs? I would find that very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw Heather you are so very kind. Thank you so much for brightening my day with your sweet compliment. Oh yes, I posted a short explanation on how I color tint my designs in my July 9th 2026 post. I will leave a link to it above. Thank you so much for asking about it. It is a lot of fun to color the pieces and very relaxing too, I hope you will give it a whirl. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Cute acorn, and reindeer too! Your post about dyeing are great too, thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw well thank you so much, Frederique. You are so very kind. These are fun quick projects to work on even for just a few minutes each day. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Friday Happenings