Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Sunny September and the Tiny Sunflower House- a House Freebie

"The golden rod is yellow;

The corn is turning brown;

The trees in apple orchards

With fruit are bending down...

By all these lovely tokens

September days are here,

With summer's best of weather,

And autumn's best of cheer...- Helen Hunt Jackson

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

And a very Sunny September to you! Happy Tuesday, y'all. 

Little bits of "Autumn" are beginning to be sprinkled throughout the house. 

In fact, I finished decorating the two tiered galvanized tray beside the corner kitchen sink. Oh boy, did I cram it full.



There are salt and pepper shakers, chickens and signs galore all crammed into each nook and cranny of the trays. 


Scarecrows, pumpkins and autumn leaves 

All summer long my mantle has been simply decorated in "whites" . The lambs ear garland from Walmart years ago is draped along the edges with a string of lights. 

After spotting these fall garlands at Hobby Lobby , I decided to decorate the mantle for fall. 

These garlands were purchased at Hobby Lobby on discount. 

I pulled out my white Autumn leaf plates that were thrifted years ago. 

Thrifted Autumn leaf plates 


And my plump white pumpkin tureens

It was not long before the mantle was overflowing with white Autumn goodness and those nifty Autumn garlands to soften the hardness of the brick mantle lines. 

Lots of sunflowers were tucked into the garland and now it is ready for the fall season. 

 I beefed up my garland by layering my pine Christmas garland with sunflowers and the rag garland purchased from Hobby Lobby. 

Speaking of Sunflowers , I fully finished the Tiny Sunflower House today, and it is already to be placed on display.

Sunflower Sampler   , Tiny Sunflower House and Sunflower Mason Jar

A tall stately house with a small addition and row of sunflowers growing in the front lawn- cute as a button! 

If you decide to stitch any of my designs , feel free to choose your own floss colors. I always use whatever floss colors I have on hand at the time and what suits my home decor. ❤

    The following DMC floss colors were used in the making of Tiny Summer House:

🌻 739- house

🌻 782- sunflower

🌻898 border, sunflower centers

🌻936- grass, stems

🌻 3021 roof, windows, doorway 

 ðŸŒ»3364- Doodads above house


Sunflower Tiny House was stitched on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed Aida.  I posted on how I dye my Aida in 2024  in my Time to Dye- post. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵






A finishing tutorial was shared in January 2026

Like all of my Tiny Houses, the Tiny Summer House is finished in the same manner into a wee pin pillow with a bit of print fabric and lace. I shared the measurements in  my January 13, 2026 post along with the 1st house in the series, Tiny Winter's Day House. ( There will be 12 houses all together.)

If you have missed any of the other houses and are interested , just click on the colored links and you will be transported back to the post and the charts.


Tomorrow I will post the September Roundabout. So I hope you will pop in for a visit. 


 

A chalk drawing from my oldest grandson

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Stand tall. Be proud. And Shine!   "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤




Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

No comments:

Post a Comment