Blog Archive

Friday, August 21, 2026

Moving Right Along and Bee the Sunshine Freebie- A Sunflower / Bee Freebie

 Sweet Melva's SAL is moving right along, and I am enjoying every minute of it! 




Welcome , Honey Pies and Happy Happy Friday!  I am so very grateful that you dropped by for a visit. You truly brighten my day.
 

Aunt Bea's Summer Home

After much debate, I decided to use red as the main color in the chains. 


I believe I have mentioned a gazillion times my love affair with the color red! 😁❤

Anywhooo... I found some red Daisy fabric in the quilt room ,and it was not long before I went to town cutting 2 1/2" strips and blocks. Cut! Snip! Cut!

Soon a sample block or two was made.  Sew! Sew! Sew! 


Hmmm.... I am quite pleased. 🤗

Melva's Schedule for Lala's Irish Chain SAL: 

Week 1 Cutting Instructions and Introduction: 

Week 2 Setting Blocks with Cornerstones

Week 3 Frame Setting the Blocks. 

Week 4 Patchwork Set 1

Week 5 Patchwork Set 2

Week 6  5 x 5 Patchwork Blocks

Week 7 Layout and Top

Week 8 Border

Week 9 Sandwich and Quilt

Yee Haw! I have a finish! Autumn Beginnings  which I shared last week is all stitched up! Yesterday I made it into a pin pillow, stuffed it to the gills with polyfil  and trimmed it with some thrifted yarn. Wahlah! Ready for display.



UPDATE:
These are the DMC  floss colors that I used for "Autumn Beginnings"  . 
FLOSS  : SYMBOL  MOTIF:
       DMC 610 ( U and T)       Border and pumpkin stem
DMC  782 ( Y)  Sunflower
DMC 3781 ( • )  Sunflower center
DMC 301 ( O) Pumpkin
DMC 919 (X) Pumpkin lines
DMC 730 ( G) Sunflowers stem and pumpkin leaf

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

Since I was on a roll, I finished Bee the Sunshine!  A new little bee stitch to add to my ever growing collection. Sigh. 🤗


Bee the Sunshine was stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida using just a few of my favorite DMC floss colors including: DMC 543, 731, 781, 783, 829, 838, 975, and 3371.

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵








Have you visited the Herrschners website? They have lots of cute freebies. I was perusing their freebies the other night . "Sew" much cuteness!  

I know that Brenda at Songbird Designs is working on Herrschners Christmas Plastic Canvas Barn- it is not a freebie but is as cute as a button. Perfect for a Farmyard Christmas theme. 

Alrighty, it is time for me to get busy! 


The Pretty in Peach Butterfly quilt is calling my name. I will be finishing the hand quilting on the blocks before moving on to the borders. 


Enjoy your weekend, Sweethearts! And do a little jig- It's Friday! Hee! Hee! 


As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

"Baby steps count too as long as you are moving forward.  "- Chris Gardner

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . My heart aches as the hours tick to 5 years ago.  
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. ❤

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026   A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

Canadian Geese lounging by the lake. 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday


Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters

Gretchen at Gretchen's Little Corner for TGIFF

No comments:

Post a Comment