Blog Archive

Monday, August 17, 2026

The Changing of the Quilts

It's time to change the quilts. 

Goodbye Patriotic quilts! 


Hello Late Summer Quilts!


The 3 vintage, thrifted shutters that I have propped against the wall are all decked out for the month of August. 🐝🌻

It is "Bee and Sunflower Time" in the foyer, and some bright and  sunny quilts hopped out of storage in order  to celebrate . 


Front and center is the Scrappy Bee Skep Quilt. I shared how I created this simple quilt in 2021 along with the applique pattern.
 

Over the Bee Skep quilt, I pinned a little quilt called "Buzz"  that I embroidered a few years ago . Last year it was displayed on the Coca Cola crate on the hutch. 


 On the 2nd vintage shutter, I draped a simple yellow patch quilt top that I purchased at the thrift store years ago. It was certainly cheery enough to enjoy for my late summer quilt display.  Don't you think? 😀💛


A little chicken wall hanging joins the yellow/ white patch quilt.  I appliqued this small quilt years  many years ago using scraps from the bin. Oh, I do love chickens! 


"Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye; Four and twenty blackbirds baked into a pie. "


The quilt on the 3rd shutter in the back is called "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" . 


There are 24 crows on this quilt . 


Some are appliqued, but most of the birds are  quilted in.


 This quilt is always displayed in the fall when I pull out my crow decor. 

Speaking of fall, I am already dreaming of fall decorating. Are you? 

Meanwhile though, I will enjoy the sunny colors for a while longer.  


Have a sun shiny day!  

 As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Change can be beautiful .   "- unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 
🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Maple leaf quilting 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Changing of the Quilts