Monday, June 6, 2022

Looking for Junk

Good morning, Sunshine! Welcome, my friends.  How was your weekend? Busy with summer time fun? 

Saturday I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed in search for yard sales. Oh, bummer! No sales in town so I drove on to the next community where there is only a Dollar General and a gas station . As I was driving, I came to an abrupt stop when I saw there was a church yard sale on the hill. Eeeh ! This is the same church that I purchased the Red Bow Tie Quilt last year for only $2.00. I was hoping I would find a treasure like that again. 

No quilt today! But I did find a few goodies. Nothing to write home about, but I will share a few of them anyway. 

I was able to get a number of vintage children's books to add to my collection. Do you remember any of these?  As I child I loved The Old Woman and Her Pig

I also bought 2 bundt pans. Red and blue-Can't pass those up!  I also purchased a large basket to put the kiddos chips in, a rooster mug and the step stool. Nothing was over a $1 so I was super happy. 

                           

Later in the evening I worked in the quilt room . I hope to share my progress on my projects later this week. 

If you are working on the Oh Say Can You Sew QAL from Primitive Gatherings, Clue 3 will be released today. I still have a few more hour glass blocks to make and I do have to square them up. 

It is LIST TIME . Yep! Time to write down those weekly goals. Eeeh ! I was pretty productive last week. Can I keep up the momentum? I sure hope so. Let's see what I accomplished last week. 

Did I Get er' Done?   Well.... Last week's goals were:  

 1. Begin putting boxes back into the attic. I am reorganizing the attic as I go so more boxes to go.

 2. Continue working on Oh, Say Can You Sew Quilt Along. 15 more hour glass blocks to go. 

πŸ‡½Then trimming is in my future.

 3. Work on Truckin' Along Tuesday cross stitch. 

 4. Begin a new Patriotic bowl filler cross stitch. 

 5. Work on Butterfly quilt 

 6. Quilt on Easter quilt

 7. Make more flag blocks. 


 Woo Hoo! I got 99% of what I wanted accomplished done though I am a bit disappointed that I did not finish the Oh, Say Can You Sew Clue #2. But that's ok. It's not a race.  So I will do my happy dance. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ This week's plans is the same as last week. 


 What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....

🌞 1. Work on my Summer Days quilt blocks.

🌞 2. Work on OH, Say Can You Sew QAL.Finish clue # 2

🌞 3. Piece more flag blocks. 

🌞 4. Quilt on Easter Quilt. 

🌞 5. Truckin' Tuesday cross stitch. 

🌞 6. Let's not forget organizing and packing the attic . 


Alrighty, my friends that is my Monday ramblings. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I wish you the most fantastic week! As always... 

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Not all who wander are lost, some  are just roaming,  looking for junk! lol. Happy junking! 

Hugs and Stitches!!! πŸ€—❤🧡 

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy and my Nanny -both who loved searching for goodies at yard sales

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.  

   Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday


9 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love a good treasure hunt! Those bundt pans are fabulous. Fantastic colours. I would love to peek in some of those boxes as they are taken up to the attic. I expect there would be some treasures to be found. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found some great bargains on your hunt! I love those steps (I’ve wanted some of those for years and years! I’m well jealous πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£) and wonder if they will be used as steps or staging for your lovely displays, or maybe both!
    It’s been a busy weekend here with our Queen’s 70th Jubilee - I’ve been watching a lot of the proceedings on tv and my sewing didn’t come out once! Looking forward to adding a few more stitches this week. Have a great week Melisa! πŸ˜πŸ™‹‍♀️πŸ‘πŸ’•
    (I don’t always comment but love seeing what you are up to😁)
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those children’s books are adorable. I like the cake pans, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pas de vide grenier autour de nous ce week-end... Vous avez trouvé de beaux trésors, les livres pour enfants j'aime beaucoup. Depuis de nombreuses années j'espère dénicher le livre sur lequel j'ai appris à lire mais toujours pas trouvé. Les moules à cake sont magnifiques.
    AmitiΓ©s de France,
    Christel
    http://toilesetfils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some fabulous treasures, Melissa. Your hourglass blocks look great. I've got the first two months for OH Say Can You Sew tucked away. I'm hoping to start this month's clue in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds Melisa. I am always on the look out for unique things for my home or things that will work in finishing some of my cross stitch. We are at our GA vacation home this week which is decorated in a farm style. Right now I am working on Tomato Season by Notforgotten Farm and I plan to hang it here when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday, Melisa! What super finds! Your blocks look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a real thrift store fan so I would have so enjoyed joining you at any and all yard sales. Great finds and thanks for sharing. Lovely blocks too and you are being very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you had a very good day thirfting! It is always fun to see what you find, I do not have the best luck but you are a pro. Weather is heating up in my neck of the woods, so it is early mornings that I get the outside chores done, then I can play in the afternoon! Have a wonderful week, sending you many hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Here We Go! And the April Doodle