Monday, June 13, 2022

An Afternoon Visit

 Good afternoon, ya'll and welcome. Thank you so much for stopping by for a a visit.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

       

 Well I have been as busy as a bee this past week. 

 The attic was reorganized and the boxes are back in the attic right in the knick of time. I was sweatin' up a storm last night putting the last bit of Halloween up.  I did keep a few things down; these things have not seen the light of day in a few years.

 One piece was this old wringer from my Granny's log cabin.

                        

 I just have it pushed in the corner in the kitchen right now with a tin and lamp on it. 

              

 I also kept Grandpa's  long wooden crate down which is well over 100 years old. 

          

In years past ,  I have  displayed it on the dining table with Santas in it. I have no idea where I am going to put it, but I can imagine little quilts folded in it. 

On Wednesday, I took the grandbabies to Summer Story Hour at the local library. This summer's theme is the Ocean. The kiddos had to have their photo in the shark's mouth.



 They checked out 30 books to read for the week.  They also enjoyed pool time throughout the week. 

Later in the week, I picked the last of the strawberries . I canned 27 pints of strawberry jam this season. My youngest grandson gave me a 2 thumbs up when he tasted it and promptly asked for toast. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

Mr. Pinker and I have also been enjoying the first harvest of  squash and zucchini. Mr. Pinker made a squash casserole the other night. Yummmmy!   I have been enjoying the summer squash in salads. 

As far as stitching , Hmmm! Not so productive. But I did get a bit completed. 

First , dear PJ sent me  Lizzie Kate's 4th of July Flip It.  I stitched it into a little pillow and have it displayed on my patriotic tree. I love it!!! Thank you so much, PJ.  I do have plans to stitch it again with another finish in mind. 

Have you seen sweet Miss Vicki's  new freebie at Stitchy McFloss blogspot? It is called Mama's Flowers

Gorgeous  design and it was designed in memory of her dear mother.  Vicki is so kind, generous and talented. It is always a delight to visit her blog. Please pop by and visit her too. I know many of you do already. 

 This is my 2nd time working on blackwork. I loved every stitch. I am going to  finish mine as an ornament. 

Other freebies that  Miss Vicki has shared are Be Blessed and ....

Love

 

I also began a new house sampler. I am enjoying the colors in this piece. I hope to finish it soon. 

As far as quilting , I have not completed much at all .  Summer activities have certainly taken priority. 

I want to thank everyone for all of the kind words and compliments on my last freebie, Hive Sweet HiveI truly appreciate each and every one of you , and I hope you enjoy it. Dear Deborah certainly made this stitch possible. Thank you , Deborah .

            

Well that is all that I have been up to these last few days. I hope that you have been enjoying the warmer weather . Thank you again for the sweet Monday visit , my friends.  As always...

Happy quilting and stitching, ya'll

Melisa
Everything good and magical happens between the months of June- August. Happy Summer. 

Hugs and Stitches!!! ๐Ÿค—❤๐Ÿงต 

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . I love and miss you so much.  


2 comments:

  1. I show enjoy your blog. Thank you for taking the time to letting me into your life. Sharing your cross stitch and quilts and well as your decor. I so am loving it all. Have a great summer. It is so much fun to share the summer with our grandchild. I have great grand children, twin boys 2yrs old they bring me such joy. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always love seeing all your treasures. They are so special because they are from your loved ones. Goodness you have been busy! Thank you for the kind words and for stitching my designs. I always love seeing how you turn then into such lovely items. You have such a gift for creating and finishing. Thank you also for all the lovely designs you share with us. Bless you for your kind heart and sweet self! I wish you many blessings today sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour