Friday, August 21, 2020

Sunflowers and Bee- Summer Buffet Decor

Hello, dear friends. Come on in and visit for a while  and let's take a look at my buffet all decked out in bees, sunflowers and summer decor.   I really do not have a lot of bee decor and am trying to slowly build it up. Around May I changed out the quilt   above the buffet; this  is my "Sybil Ludington" lantern quilt that I designed and quilted a few years ago. I love this quilt. It hangs from a wooden shelf. 

On the buffet is a large set of scales that has always been on the buffet since I was a child. This buffet and the rest of the dining room set was bought by my great grandmother and then passed on to my  great aunt. My aunt always had these scales on the buffet . Right now I have little doilies in them. 


I have a new addition to my bee sunflower decor  which is Hands on Design's  " Year of Celebrations-August" . I just used the floss colors that I had on hand.  I also brought out one of my Vaseline glass rooster candy dishes for display. 

Other stitches on display  is With Thy Needle and Threads "August Word Play", Lizzie Kate's" August" and Prairie Grove Peddler's freebie called "Bee Happy"  . 
Normally I have a crotcheted table runner on the buffet , but this year I went with a black and white buffalo check runner which matches my dining room table runner. I like it a lot and will use it for Fall and Halloween too.   The Summer Bee stitches are some of my designs.

 The big bee which came from Big Lots years ago  and the bee salt and pepper shaker sits on 2 ironstone plates. Can you tell that I  love to collect dishes? Lol.  

The "Blessed" cross stitch is from Stitching with the Housewives and is propped on some old plates that I have had for years though this is their first time on display. Behind them is a piece of Carnival glass that I just purchased at a yard sale.   In the milk glass compote, I placed a transferware plate and stack milk glass and pottery filled with moss from the yard and some little stitches. I purchase most of these things from the Goodwill. I am a thriftaholic. Lol. 


A few years ago I had my hubby put some hooks on my wooden shelf where I could hang some of my ever growing collection of tea cups. We will never have a shortage of plates nor teacups. Lol. I have a number of old teapots on the quilt shelf that stay there year round. 
Thank you so much for coming over to see my later summer buffet decor. Soon this buffet will be transformed into its fall look . Hope you will come back to see.  Have a lovely day and do something you love!
Blessings, 
Melisa
 

8 comments:

  1. Would it bee to silly to say BEE...autiful ? Thank you for sharing your treasures with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thank you so much, Joan. I am itching to change out the bees for my fall decor. They have been fun to have out though. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melisa, I so enjoyed your tour of the top of your buffet. Love the quilt and love your stitches. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Robin. This is one of my favorite places to display my stitches. It is near my stitchy spot so I can look at everything.
    Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melisa!! There is so much I have to say about this post!!
    LOVE the tea pots and hope you will do a post showcasing them??? I also have a shelf that runs along the ceiling where i display teapots that i collect in my upstairs Sitting Room. And I also collect Tea cups and have them mostly in my very Victorian Dining Room and in the upstairs Sitting Room. I have a set of scales on top of one of the curios in the Dining Room and also have small doilies on the glass plates on the scales and then I also added tea cups and saucers.Love the amber glass hen dish and the milk glass... The bee theme is so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Debbie for checking out my buffet post. I have a major addiction to china. Lol. I loved seeing your collection in your Sitting Room, but I have missed your scales in previous posts. I will definitely do a post on my china collection.
      Hugs,
      Melisa

      Delete
  6. Hi, Melisa! I've found your blog and want to welcome you to the blogging world :) I loved seeing your photos on your blog--so much easier than on the little IG screen that I see on my phone. I never got my bee stitching out this summer, but am still hopeful for September. It's been one crazy summer for me so I'm hoping the rest of the year calms down. Would love to have you visit me at Stitching Dreams! Have a great Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah thank you so much, Carol. I have admired your blog for Years and finally took the plunge and am trying it myself. You was one of the first blogs that I put on my Follow list. I have found blogging is work but "fun work", and I am sure I will get in the groove soon. I can not wait to see your September displays and stitching. I have started to work on pulling out bits of fall. Lol. Have a great week and please check back in with me.
    Hugs,
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday