Saturday, August 1, 2020

Summer Sunflower Hutch

Hey, ya'll. Come on in and see my country clutter  which brightens my day. The hutch is all a bloom with sunflowers which are tucked among  the farm decor. On top of the hutch is a collection of Coca Cola boxes and bottles,  vintage Cambell's soup tin and other vintage thrifted items;   this area rarely changes.  On the shelves of the hutch is a lot of Dollar Tree and thrift store items as well as a little stitching.

Each shelf has a little  black and white buffalo check runner.  I pulled out as much yellow as I could find to put on my shelves. 

The top shelf has sunflower plates purchased at the Dollar Tree and a large thrift store rooster . Hanging with the old painted metal spoon is a Heart in Hand Designs piece called "Summer Whirligig" which was finished in 2019. On the top shelf is Country Cottage Needleworks' "Farm Fresh" completed in 2019 and finished on a green frame which is embellished with torn fabric and sunflowers.     



Tucked in a bowl of eggs is one of my little designs called "Summer Chicks" . It is finished in a small frame and embellished with pom pom trim.  These little chicks are sporting little quilts as the walk among the sunflowers. 


Above the 2nd shelf hangs a small sign that I painted from a board that my 6 year old grandson brought me. He thought I could do something with this scrap piece of wood. He is so thoughtful, and I was just tickled that he knew I could do some crafting with it. On the 2nd shelf is a yellow tobacco basket , white boxes from the Dollar General and chickens. 


Also on the 2nd shelf is  a freebie from Notforgotten Farms  called "June". This was one of my 2019 Stitch Maynia pieces. 
On the 3rd shelf is Dollar Tree plates, thrift store chickens, pottery and  a vintage scale. 
I stitched  a small section of Hands on Designs & Priscilla Blain's design called "Fresh Eggs Farm" and finished it onto a little piece of wood from my grandparents' barn. A torn homespun bow embellishes the little piece- a thrifty finish.    
Thank you so much for visiting me and checking out my bright sunflower hutch which is filled to the brim. 
Have a bright, sun shiny day, 
Melisa

9 comments:

  1. After reading you post the lyrics to I Can See Clearly Now are floating through my head, LOL !
    Your cheerful display is beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you so much, Joan. It was fun putting all these pieces together . Usually I display watermelons during this time of year till mid August, but those Dollar Tree plates made me go ahead with the sunflowers.

      Delete
  2. Your hutch looks absolutely beautiful! Is the “Summer Chicks” piece one of your original designs? It’s adorable! Where can I find it? Thank you for sharing your Sunflower display with us. Debbie from WV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Debbie. Thank you so much. I enjoy changing out the decor on the hutch. And thank you so much for asking about "Summer Chicks" . If you DM me on IG, I will gladly send you the chart. It is a small design and worked up quickly.

      Delete
  3. Love your Summer Hutch! It is bright and happy. So sweet that your grandson gave you that piece of wood to decorate. <3 And the stack of chicks you stitched is adorable!!
    Happy Summer Melisa!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thank you, Debbie. My grandsons know me well. They know I like to craft and will collect anything. Lol. The youngest who is 3 brought me on old bottle he found. There is nothing like them. I hope you are having a great summer and staying cool. Hugs, Melisa

      Delete
  4. LOVE this!!! Love all the roos and hens and your yellow ware bowl!! So pretty!! You have inspired me to want to change my Kitchen Hutch around more than I do!!! Love your Country Clutter!! I say that my kitchen is a bit of Country Victorian and French Country!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you so much,Deb. I used to not change my hutch out at all. It always sported blue and white transferware, but in the last couple of years I have started to change it by the season. It is fun and a challenge. I love all of your vintage treasures. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.