Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Sunny September and the Tiny Sunflower House- a House Freebie

"The golden rod is yellow;

The corn is turning brown;

The trees in apple orchards

With fruit are bending down...

By all these lovely tokens

September days are here,

With summer's best of weather,

And autumn's best of cheer...- Helen Hunt Jackson

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

And a very Sunny September to you! Happy Tuesday, y'all. 

Little bits of "Autumn" are beginning to be sprinkled throughout the house. 

In fact, I finished decorating the two tiered galvanized tray beside the corner kitchen sink. Oh boy, did I cram it full.



There are salt and pepper shakers, chickens and signs galore all crammed into each nook and cranny of the trays. 


Scarecrows, pumpkins and autumn leaves 

All summer long my mantle has been simply decorated in "whites" . The lambs ear garland from Walmart years ago is draped along the edges with a string of lights. 

After spotting these fall garlands at Hobby Lobby , I decided to decorate the mantle for fall. 

These garlands were purchased at Hobby Lobby on discount. 

I pulled out my white Autumn leaf plates that were thrifted years ago. 

Thrifted Autumn leaf plates 


And my plump white pumpkin tureens

It was not long before the mantle was overflowing with white Autumn goodness and those nifty Autumn garlands to soften the hardness of the brick mantle lines. 

Lots of sunflowers were tucked into the garland and now it is ready for the fall season. 

 I beefed up my garland by layering my pine Christmas garland with sunflowers and the rag garland purchased from Hobby Lobby. 

Speaking of Sunflowers , I fully finished the Tiny Sunflower House today, and it is already to be placed on display.

Sunflower Sampler   , Tiny Sunflower House and Sunflower Mason Jar

A tall stately house with a small addition and row of sunflowers growing in the front lawn- cute as a button! 

If you decide to stitch any of my designs , feel free to choose your own floss colors. I always use whatever floss colors I have on hand at the time and what suits my home decor. ❤

    The following DMC floss colors were used in the making of Tiny Summer House:

🌻 739- house

🌻 782- sunflower

🌻898 border, sunflower centers

🌻936- grass, stems

🌻 3021 roof, windows, doorway 

 ðŸŒ»3364- Doodads above house


Sunflower Tiny House was stitched on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed Aida.  I posted on how I dye my Aida in 2024  in my Time to Dye- post. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵






A finishing tutorial was shared in January 2026

Like all of my Tiny Houses, the Tiny Sunflower House is finished in the same manner into a wee pin pillow with a bit of print fabric and lace. I shared the measurements in  my January 13, 2026 post along with the 1st house in the series, Tiny Winter's Day House. ( There will be 12 houses all together.)

If you have missed any of the other houses and are interested , just click on the colored links and you will be transported back to the post and the charts.


Tomorrow I will post the September Roundabout. So I hope you will pop in for a visit. 


 

A chalk drawing from my oldest grandson

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Stand tall. Be proud. And Shine!   "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤




Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

28 comments:

  1. Love looking at your autumn decorations. My favorite season. And what a cute tiny sunflower house for September 🌻 Thanks for the pattern. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, K. I am slowly putting out bits of Autumn decor though it doesn't feel like fall at all. LOL. The little sunflower house was a quick stitch. I have been working on another one today. Have a great evening . Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Melisa,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I love you tiered tray decorated for Fall!! So pretty as are your other fall decorations...I usually wait til after Labor Day but I am itching to decorate for Fall....
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome, Deb. It is always a joy to visit you. You certainly give me so much inspiration. I just could not restrain myself any longer and had to pull out a few fall items. LOL. I look forward to seeing your fall decor in future posts. Thank you for stopping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty display you made for your mantle! All that white is sure beautiful! Your sunflower finish as a pin pillow is sure cute and is the perfect addition to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Terry. It has been years since I have used the white plates and pumpkin tureens. They lighten up the dark brick mantle and wood paneling greatly. I whipped up the sunflower house last night so thankfully finished it today. It was a fun little stitch. I hope your day has been a delightful one. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I love this one - sunflowers are my favorite flower! Thank you.
    Seeing your two tiered tray - I can almost smell the pumpkin spice for my coffee! :-)
    Have a wonderful day and thank you for the tiny house. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiered tray was the first thing to get "fall-ified" . Hee! Hee! Oh, thank you , Donna for the sweet compliments on my tiny house and tiered tray. I just love this time year with the warm autumnal colors. Have a beautiful and blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Love the white you've added as well as the sunflowers - perfect for September! That is a cute little cross stitch, thank you for that! Love the chalk drawing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. Our house is a little dark inside being surrounded by all of the trees. So the white dishes and pottery certainly lightens up a dark area. My grandson is quite an artist. I am encouraging his mom to enroll him in some art classes . I think he would like that. Have a wonderful day and thank you again for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your tiny seasonal houses is such a fun series. They are all really cute. Your autumn decor is really festive. I just wish it was starting to feel like fall. We stay in the triple digits through Wednesday next week based on the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, it doesn't feel like fall here either, Kate. Yesterday it was 100; it is just too smothering to be outside with the humidity. I do hope you get some relief from the heat soon. You have had to deal with it longer than I have. I am having a ball working on these little houses. They are quick stitches and finishes. I am looking forward to completing the series. Have a blessed day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Happy September, Melisa! What a darling Sunflower House!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin. And I wish you a very Happy September too. I know this is going to be a very busy month for you. I had a ball stitching up Tiny Sunflower House . I even worked on next month's tiny house last night. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Love, love, love your autumn decorations and mantle, Melisa. Your decorating reminds me of my sweet mother-in-law. She was a fantastic decorator, too. I love all your finds you add to your decorations. Thanks for the new tiny house. I am SEW ready for fall! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw I am so touched that my mantle brought back fond memories of your sweet MIL. I bet she had a great time changing things out and enjoying her pretties. Oh I know what you mean about being ready for fall. You have had some scorching heat this year. It will be interesting to see when it will cool down. It was 100 here yesterday. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your mantle all in white is beautiful, Melisa! Love the pumpkins and leaf plates especially. I think we're all ready for Fall to come after such a hot summer. The tiny house is sweet as can be. Those little houses are another of your projects that are still on my list. What a fun bunch of bowl fillers they make. I have just finished your apple mini sampler, so I'm putting out my September apple decorations today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I look forward to seeing your apple decor, Diann. I hope you have a wonderful time pulling out all of your pretties and styling them. And I cannot wait to see your apple mini sampler. I know it will be fabulous. Thank you so much for stitching it. I am still trying to find mine- LOL I know it is tucked in a project bag but where? Hee! Hee! Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I have been resisting the urge to begin fall decorating, but you have motivated me to get started. The mantel with white fall items and sunflowers looks fabulous. The September tiny house is adorable. I am just starting the August tiny house, but can't wait to stitch this one. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I tried to resist too, Alicia. It is hard once September rolls around-at least on my end. Hee! Hee! I have been pulling out my fall quilts and cross stitches today. Oh, I do hope you enjoy pulling out your fall pretties. I am so excited to hear that you are working on the August Tiny House I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Have a wonderful evening. and thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for this beautiful little house pattern! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks, you are so welcome, Annelies and thank you for the sweet visit and for stitching these little houses. It is a joy to see them completed in one large piece. I hope you enjoy this little house. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Such a pretty little addition to the tiny houses. Thank you. The white mantle is beautiful. Your grandson's chalk flower is just lovely. He must take after his Grandma, being so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think my grandson is way more talented than I am. He draws all of the time which warms my heart. I keep lots of art supplies on the table for him just in case he wants to create when he visits. Oh thank you so much for the kind words on my newest to the tiny houses, Ginny. It did not take long to stitch this one up. I am hoping to work on a new one today. Have a fabulous afternoon. It is going to be another hot one here. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I am doing all the tiny house and I am going to put them in a frame and put on my wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet your piece is going to be amazing, dear. I know one of sweet stitcher that is doing the same. I am so very grateful that you are stitching my humble houses. I hope you are enjoying each and every stitch. Thank you for brightening my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Oh, Melisa! I love the white decor on the mantle. That is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Jeanna. We have an old house with paneling so the white brightens up this area perfectly. I have started to add white mirrors along the wall to try to bring in some light too. Thank you again for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Just Scrappin' Along!