Sweet Melva's SAL is moving right along, and I am enjoying every minute of it!
Welcome , Honey Pies and Happy Happy Friday! I am so very grateful that you dropped by for a visit. You truly brighten my day.
After much debate, I decided to use red as the main color in the chains.
I believe I have mentioned a gazillion times my love affair with the color red! 😁❤
Anywhooo... I found some red Daisy fabric in the quilt room ,and it was not long before I went to town cutting 2 1/2" strips and blocks. Cut! Snip! Cut!
Soon a sample block or two was made. Sew! Sew! Sew!
Hmmm.... I am quite pleased. 🤗

Melva's Schedule for Lala's Irish Chain SAL:
Week 1 Cutting Instructions and Introduction:
Week 2 Setting Blocks with Cornerstones
Week 3 Frame Setting the Blocks.
Week 4 Patchwork Set 1
Week 5 Patchwork Set 2
Week 6 5 x 5 Patchwork Blocks
Week 7 Layout and Top
Week 8 Border
Week 9 Sandwich and Quilt
Yee Haw! I have a finish! Autumn Beginnings which I shared last week is all stitched up! Yesterday I made it into a pin pillow, stuffed it to the gills with polyfil and trimmed it with some thrifted yarn. Wahlah! Ready for display.
UPDATE: These are the DMC floss colors that I used for "Autumn Beginnings" . FLOSS : SYMBOL MOTIF:
DMC 610 ( U and T) Border and pumpkin stem
DMC 782 ( Y) Sunflower
DMC 3781 ( • ) Sunflower center
DMC 301 ( O) Pumpkin
DMC 919 (X) Pumpkin lines
DMC 730 ( G) Sunflowers stem and pumpkin leaf
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
Since I was on a roll, I finished Bee the Sunshine! A new little bee stitch to add to my ever growing collection. Sigh. 🤗

Bee the Sunshine was stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida using just a few of my favorite DMC floss colors including: DMC 543, 731, 781, 783, 829, 838, 975, and 3371.
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
If you are interested in stitching this piece, just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
 |
| Bee the Sunshine and in the background is Heart in Hand's "Pocket Round Bee" |
Have you visited the Herrschners website? They have lots of cute freebies. I was perusing their freebies the other night . "Sew" much cuteness!
I know that Brenda at Songbird Designs is working on Herrschners Christmas Plastic Canvas Barn- it is not a freebie but is as cute as a button. Perfect for a Farmyard Christmas theme.
Alrighty, it is time for me to get busy!
The Pretty in Peach Butterfly quilt is calling my name. I will be finishing the hand quilting on the blocks before moving on to the borders.
Enjoy your weekend, Sweethearts! And do a little jig- It's Friday! Hee! Hee!
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Baby steps count too as long as you are moving forward. "- Chris Gardner
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . My heart aches as the hours tick to 5 years ago.
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. ❤
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
 |
| Canadian Geese lounging by the lake. |
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet.
Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss- Wednesday
I absolutely love the fabrics, colours and patterns! Our Canada geese certainly make their rounds! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAaw shucks thank you so much, Linda. I am enjoying working on the quilt. Aren't the geese fascinating to watch? A little messy but they sure are cute. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteMelisa, your chain blocks with the red are beautiful, and I love the yellow background with it! I've just started that sew-along and hoping my color choices will work. I love Bee the Sunshine, too - that just might be on my list to start! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much, Diann. I hope to continue working on them this week though I haven't had the chance. Your blocks are looking amazing. I adore the fabrics you are using . The blues are so pretty. I think you are a master at color. Have a blessed day and Happy quilting. Hugs.
DeleteYour Irish chain is looks bright and springy! Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteAaw Gretchen. Thank you so much. I am having a ball working on it. These happy colors just speak to me. Have a lovely week . Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteLove your new “Be the Sunshine” freebie….it’s adorable.
ReplyDeleteAaw Cherie, I am tickled pink that you like Bee the Sunshine. I had a ball working on it. I had hoped to post it earlier. Better late than never though. Right? LOL. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteLove your chain blocks, Melisa! Red and yellow are beautiful together. It proves again a background doesn't have to be white/cream. Lovely mini-pillows too. Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Astrid. I have always been smitten with these 2 colors. I guess they are my happy colors because I do seem to buy a lot of reds and yellows. LOL. Have a blessed day and enjoy your time in the quilt room. Hugs.
DeleteI love that red fabric with daisies...it's gorgeous and perfect for your new project, Melisa!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Aaw thank you so much, dear Isabel. The red Daisy fabric makes me smile. I am having a ball working on this quilt. I wish you a lovely day. Hugs.
DeleteThat red fabric is perfect for your chain. The Bee stitchery is really cute. Congrats on the two finishes. Happy stitching this weekend.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Kate. It always feels good to get a little something finished no matter how big or small. I hope you are having a great week in the sewing room. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteThat red fabric is perfect for Melva's sew along. I sure like how your blocks are shaping up!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you very kindly, Terry. This is a wonderful and relaxing SAL. I am hoping to work more on it in the coming days. Have a blessed day and Happy quilting. Hugs.
DeleteLove your finished Autumn beginnings, I am currently stitching it! The red daisy fabric is precious. Ok now I am going down a rabbit hole and go look at Herrshners!
ReplyDeleteOh Vicki, I saw your Autumn Blessings. It is gorgeous . I cannot thank you enough for adding it to your stitching list. LOL a rabbit hole is always fun to travel down every now and then. Happy looking. Hugs.
DeleteThank you for the latest Bee stitch. Your finishing of it and the Autumn stitch are beautiful. Your colors for Lala's quilt is going to be gorgeous. Bright and happy and warm.
ReplyDeleteAaw you are so very welcome, Ginny and thank you for the sweet visit and kind words on my projects. It feels good to have gotten a little bit completed in the quilt room this past week. Fingers crossed this will be a good week. Hugs.
DeleteLove your latest cross stitch finishes! A bee! How wonderful! I need to see how my Aida is going, might need more tea dying. Your quilting all looks gorgeous, you have such sweet fabrics.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your earlier reply and, no garden stitching lately, first it was too hot and now it’s turning Autumnal, maybe tomorrow…. I need to finish a little hand stitched tote but also I’ve just started a wee cross stitch house and then I’m thinking of some small hand quilting.
Lovely to see all your bees and quilts. Hope you are well. Hugs, Barbara 🙋♀️👋🤗😘xx @flashinscissors
Oh I am so sorry to hear that you haven't had the chance to stitch in the garden due to the heat. Hopefully you will get a bit of cooler weather here soon, Barbara. It has been too hot here too as of lately. It sounds like you are staying quite busy with some wonderful projects. I wish you a wonderful and productive week and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteAdorable new bee stitch and I love your red daisy blocks! Have a great weekend. Hugs, B
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you very kindly, Brenda. I had a ball stitching that little bee pillow up. I am slowly but surely getting a few things done. I wish you a lovely week in the sewing room. Hugs.
DeleteI love the red for you main color in the Lala quilt! The Bee stitch is so adorable. Your Pretty in Peach is really coming along!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much, Linda. I debated and debated over the main color, but I do love red so I just went for it. LOL I hope you and your hubby are doing well and you have been able to get in some quilting time. Warm hugs.
DeleteThe red and yellow looks wonderful in the chain blocks. .I am starting late by joining Melva's Quilt Along. The Pretty In Peach Butterfly colors are also fabulous. I look forward to seeing it finished. You have an eye for choosing colors and fabric. The Bee the Sunshine is adorable - you are so talented. I can't wait to stitch it. I am just finishing up Autumn Blessings. I have really enjoyed stitching it. Thank you for sharing your talents and for the visit. I always smile when I see your posts. Alicia
ReplyDeleteAaw Alicia. I cannot tell you how much that means to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You always brighten my day and I look forward to hearing from you. It is so exciting that you are joining in on Melva's SAL too. What colors are you using? I just know your blocks are gorgeous. I am so excited that you stitched up Autumn Blessings especially since you enjoyed it. Thank you again Alicia. You are the sweetest. Hugs.
DeleteThe pretty in peach quilt is calling my name. And I can smell a peach pie baking in the oven just seeing this beauty 🥧 (nwpaintedlady)
ReplyDeleteOooh a peach pie would be amazing! I think I missed the fresh local peaches this year. Boo Hoo! But I did have some fresh churned peach ice cream the other day at a fair and it was amazing! Thank you for the sweet visit, Sharon and for making my day special. Hugs.
DeleteIn the last photo of "Bee the Sunshine" there is a stitched bee in the background. What pattern is that? Thanks! - Angela
ReplyDeleteOh I am so happy you asked about that stitch, Angela. It was a delight to stitch. It is Heart in Hand's "Pocket Round" . I stitched it a few years ago and was inspired by Carol at Stitching Dreams for my finish. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you are having a great week. Hugs.
DeleteGosh so much cuteness! Great finish for Autumn Blessings. It turned out as beautiful as I thought it might. Bee My Sunshine is adorable! I also love Aunt Bee's Summer Home. So very cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/08/19/wednesday-wait-loss-498
Aaw Jennifer, you are always so kind and uplifting . thank you so much for the kind compliments on all of my little projects. It feels good to have a few things under my belt. Now to finish up my butterfly quilt. LOL. Happy quilting. Hugs.
DeleteOh yes - red was the perfect choice for your chains - your version is so lovely!
ReplyDeleteLOL I thought so too Alycia. I was tempted to use another color, but red is just my color ! Hee! hee! Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you are enjoying your week in the quilt room. Hugs.
Delete