Ho! Ho! Ho! and Merry Monday!
It is Christmas in July !
Last year , I shared a series called "Speaking of Christmas" . These were just simple little stitches - nothing fancy mind you. But they did make some cutie patootie bowl fillers if I do say so myself which I will! 😁Anywhooo... today I wanted to share a new one called "Let It Snow" . Like I said, nothing fancy- just a quick stitch.
| Let It Snow is stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida. |
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
If you are interested in stitching this piece, just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
If you missed any of the Speaking of Christmas Series that I shared last year, just click on the links, and you will be magically transported back to the post with the charts.
Stockings- Speaking of Christmas Series
Joy- Speaking of Christmas Series
So tell me.
Do you plan to work on Christmas in July projects?
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"If you choose not to find the joy in snow, you will have less joy but the same amount of snow. "- Ancient proverb
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy .
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas Parade Of Previous Freebies- 2025- A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of November 15, 2025. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
The blooms are as big as dinner plates! Eeeh!
If you are in the neighborhood, I will be posting a Christmas Parade of stitches around 1:00 CST today. So drop by if you have the chance. 🤗



Very fun Christmas stitching. That hydrangea is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much. It was a quick stitch. I am super happy how well this hydrangea is doing. I am rooting 4 more. Fingers crossed they will take. Hugs.
DeleteSimple can still be sweet, I like simple because I might just get it done!!
ReplyDeleteLOL me too, Vicki! It was a quick stitch which makes me feel good to get a little something done. LOL. Hugs.
DeleteGoodness, that hydrangea bloom is huge and beautiful! That is a cute Christmas stitchery. I love the border!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed how well the hydrangea has done this year. I am hoping my others will begin to bloom next year. Aaw thank you , dear Terry. You always brighten my day. Hugs.
DeleteAnnabelle is spectacular! My Limelight has started to bloom and those flowers are pretty big too. Thanks for the freebie. Love the poinsettia theme. I took JOY also today. *wink*
ReplyDeleteI was just telling hubby the other day , that I want some limelight hydrangeas. They are so pretty. Aaw you are so welcome, Susie and I hope you enjoy the little stitches. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteI love seeing Christmas decorations in July, Melisa!
ReplyDeleteThey make me feel like they're closer than we think, and that soon this sweltering heat will give way to lights, sparkles, and beautiful Christmas decorations.
Hugs from Spain
It will be here in no time especially considering how fast this year seems to be going. I love Christmas too. All the decor makes me one happy gal. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteYou just reminded me that I started Santa last year, and then put him away! I might just pull him out to work on a little Christmas in July, too. Fun designs, Melisa! Your hydrangeas are beautiful, too.
ReplyDeleteAaw , Santa was one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy stitching him, Diann. Thank you for the sweet Monday visit, Diann. Hugs.
DeleteJust the darlingest bowl fillers, Melisa!! Makes me wish I could do counted x-stitch--but next best thing is visiting your blog and seeing all your lovelies;))) thanks so much for sharing...
ReplyDeleteSo far the BIG storms coming from the West have missed our little area--only .80" of much-needed rains--as we are in quite a drought here in SE coastal CT...So nice to feel that cooler air at 63 degrees this morning when I went out on my errands. I cannot recall the last time I drove in the rain even!!!
I am still taking a bit of a break--gathering my "littles" for backing and layering...hugs, Julierose
Aaw thank you so much, Julierose. You are always so kind. Oh wow, I did not know your area was in a drought as well. It would be nice if you could have a gentle rain to pull y'all out of the dryness. 63 would be so nice though. Those little tasks like getting fabrics sorted, organized and ready for backings all add up toward finishes. Have a wonderful evening, sweet friend. Hugs
DeleteThese are all so cute! I finished all of the Summer series and I am catching up on finishing all of the Houses and Saltbox and display them by month. I am working on a couple of the last Fall and Thanksgiving houses and was wondering if you ever shared the Bittersweet, Pumpkin Stacks and a Turkey house - I remember seeing you working on it a few years back and then saw the finished house but do not remember if there was a pattern for it - I just love all of the fall houses so much and appreciate all the work you do for us! Thank you so much for sharing!! Carrie
ReplyDeleteWow you are staying so busy, Carrie . I am so honored that you have stitched so many of my designs. I cannot tell you how much that means to me. I am so glad that you asked about Bittersweet Stacks and a Turkey House- .I had completely forgotten about that one. I will put it down as one to post this year. Hmmm... I need to find the stitch too. LOL. I am hoping to post a new house this week. I hope you will like it as well. I have been drawing out some new fall houses. I am hoping to stitch and share them soon too. Thank you for making my day, Carrie. It warms my heart that you are enjoying my houses. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteLOVE!darleneJ
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Miss Darlene. I hope you are having a wonderful day. I spent mine sewing so it was good. Big hugs
DeleteThose are the sweetest pillows, Melisa. Your hutch looked so nice last year. Hard to believe we are on the downside of 2026 and Christmas will be here before we know it.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Jeanna. It won't be long before we start putting out fall stuff. Right? LOL. This year is moving right along. Have a fabulous day. Hugs
DeleteChristmas is July is a welcome change from the high temperatures we have been having. I love all the designs in the Speaking of Christmas series. I hope to finish them to display this season. Thanks for the new pattern. The hydrangea is beautiful. Have a great day. Alicia
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas in July. I have been watching the Christmas movies on TV already. It certainly gets me in the mood to work on "cool weather" projects. Thank you for bringing a smile to my day, Alicia. I hope you enjoy these little stitches. Hugs.
DeleteHiya Melisa! Lovely to see your Christmas in July. I’m eager to stitch “Let it Snow”. I can display it with the mini quilt version, thank you for all your great patterns. 🤗🙋♀️👋😘Barbara, @flashinscissors xxxx
ReplyDelete
DeleteAaw I hope you enjoy this little stitch, Barbara. I am so grateful that you are adding it to your stitching list. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs.
This is the perfect time for those stitches! Love the Let It Snow one, and now that song is playing in my head. :D Wow that hydrangea is spectacular!
ReplyDeleteLOL It's never too early to sing Christmas carols. Hee! Hee! Thank you so much , Linda. I am excited for Christmas in July. Hugs.
DeleteI enjoy Christmas any time of the year, Melisa! Thanks for the new little Christmas/winter stitch. Your Annabelle hydrangea is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had one and could keep it alive! I do not have a green thumb! We had some wild ones when we built our house 30 years ago but they have all died away through the years, as did the ones they planted in the landscaping. Oh well. Have a great week. Hugs, B
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Brenda. It was a fun little parade to pull together. I love hydrangeas too. I planted 2 about 20 years ago and they died. But this one is doing pretty good. The 2 young ones which I rooted are growing well. Plus I am rooting 4 more . Fingers crossed they will survive. I wonder if it is the soil as to why yours did not survive It is interesting that the wild ones also died out. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteThank you for the latest Speaking of Christmas stitch. Perfect! I was thinking this series would be a great set of ornaments for this year. Your hydrangea is Magnificent! Maybe some day mine will be that big.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Ginny. I have at least 1 more stitch to add to the series unless a new one comes to mind. I have been adding coffee grounds to my hydrangea. It seems to work. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
Delete