Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Goings On

 Hmmm ... it has been a spell since our last visit . Hasn't it ?  I certainly did not mean to be away for so long. Ok. Ok. I know it was just a few days, but it seems like ages to me. Hee! Hee!





Sooo.... Let me tell ya' what's been going on in the holler! 

First, Mr. Pinker and I had a scare of our lifetime.

 During the grandsons' weekly sleepover, the Little One got choked on a marshmallow. His brother alerted Mr. Pinker who jumped into action and did the Heimlich on the little fella. At the time, the Little One could not talk or cough. He said that each time he tried to breathe the marshmallow felt like it was being pulled back further into his throat. Bless his little heart- he would not eat the rest of the evening and when he did eat the next day, I watched him like a hawk. 
 

Last week we had a few days where it rained cats and dogs here in the holler . I was one happy gal because it  alleviated the dreaded chore of watering the gardens. Everything is growing including the weeds.
 


It has been a blue spell since I have seen one of these. Yikes ! A hornet's nest.



Mr. Pinker spotted it on the eave of my sister's house the other day. ( This danger will be tackled later. )  




We are starting to get a few tomatoes. I see mater sandwiches in my future. 

  

The peppers are growing too! Eeeh!  Spicy! 
 


Hmmm... What else? Well Elmer has been moved to the other section of the farm in order to court Edna. 
The couple has been staying in the upper field so I haven't had the chance to get a photo of the two.  I guess they need their alone time. ❤🐴🐴Maybe they will come down the hill in a day or two. 

Edna looks awfully cute today! 



Now on to the quilting and stitching front! 


To be honest , I have been taking it slow and easy- hip hopping between stitching and quilting. 

Bent Creek's freebie Surrounded By Joy is fully finished. I simple used some cardboard covered with scraps from my stash. The jute string was from the Dollar Tree. It is all ready for the Christmas tree in a few short months. 

22 more weeks until Christmas! 



So let me show you my progress on The Gingerbread quilt which I am calling "Roll and Bake"


The blocks are framed with 2" finished squares. 


After much debate, I decided to add 2 1/2" (unfinished) squares around each of the 4 embroidered blocks. 
I decided to go for the "country look" so I used lots of reds, greens, and tans . 
             Roll and Bake  and   A Bowl of Gingerbread



Hmmm... What to do next to Roll and Bake?  Well.... since it will probably be displayed in the kitchen , I am not going to make it too big. I will add a simple border in the next few days. I may add some four patches for the cornerstone blocks ( just brainstorming here). 

 A Plate of Gingers  and   Gingerbread and Marshmallows


I have lots of other projects in the works , but like I said I have been hip hopping  like a wild wily rabbit so I will show you some of those projects another time. 

Goodness, I don't want to chat your ears off. So I  will let you get back to what you were doing. Hmmm  .... I am curious.  What are you working on today? I bet it  is something lovely!  

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Slow down and enjoy the simple beauty of each day.  "- Unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Goings On