Hmmm ... it has been a spell since our last visit . Hasn't it ? I certainly did not mean to be away for so long. Ok. Ok. I know it was just a few days, but it seems like ages to me. Hee! Hee!
Last week we had a few days where it rained cats and dogs here in the holler . I was one happy gal because it alleviated the dreaded chore of watering the gardens. Everything is growing including the weeds.
It has been a blue spell since I have seen one of these. Yikes ! A hornet's nest.
Mr. Pinker spotted it on the eave of my sister's house the other day. ( This danger will be tackled later. )
We are starting to get a few tomatoes. I see mater sandwiches in my future.
Hmmm... What else? Well Elmer has been moved to the other section of the farm in order to court Edna.
The couple has been staying in the upper field so I haven't had the chance to get a photo of the two. I guess they need their alone time. ❤🐴🐴Maybe they will come down the hill in a day or two.
Now on to the quilting and stitching front!
To be honest , I have been taking it slow and easy- hip hopping between stitching and quilting.
Bent Creek's freebie Surrounded By Joy is fully finished. I simple used some cardboard covered with scraps from my stash. The jute string was from the Dollar Tree. It is all ready for the Christmas tree in a few short months.
22 more weeks until Christmas!
So let me show you my progress on The Gingerbread quilt which I am calling "Roll and Bake".
| The blocks are framed with 2" finished squares. |
I decided to go for the "country look" so I used lots of reds, greens, and tans .
Roll and Bake and A Bowl of Gingerbread
A Plate of Gingers and Gingerbread and Marshmallows
I have lots of other projects in the works , but like I said I have been hip hopping like a wild wily rabbit so I will show you some of those projects another time.
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Slow down and enjoy the simple beauty of each day. "- Unknown
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings
Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss- Wednesday
Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday
Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday
Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday
Michelle at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters
So glad your grandson is OK, that is SO scary! Your garden looks dreamy, and I'm glad you got good rain. Your Roll and Bake and ginger stitcheries look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much, Linda. It was frightening. I have to admit we both teared up afterwards, but he is doing ok and is being mindful of small bites. It has been nice to not have to water the garden, but it is supposed to heat up again this week. Have a wonderful day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.
DeleteThank goodness your grandson is alright! What a scare!
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks wonderful - all those yummy veggies! Steph, my oldest, has a large garden - she's been getting a lot of rain too.
Your gingerbread quilt is so cute! Well done! Blessings!
It was a scary moment ; that is for sure. Thankfully, Mr. Pinker was quick acting . We were all left frazzled that evening. I bet your daughter's garden is wonderful. It is nice to not have to get out and water the plants. It looks like tomatoes and peppers are going to be all we got this year. The squash has already fizzled out. LOL. Have a wonderful week, Donna and thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hugs.
DeletePheww! So glad to hear your grandson is well, I've heard of those kind of scary stories happening with marshmallows and popcorn! I love your quilt, the roll and bake motives are so cute!
ReplyDeleteWe've been getting rain too, so good for the plants but yes, I have a lot of weds to take care too!
Hugs
It was frightening, Diana. I know of 2 people who choked on a peanut and a piece of steak and did not make it which breaks my heart. I am so glad that Mr. Pinker was here and able to jump into action. I am looking forward to finishing Roll and Bake soon. Now I just need time to get to the sewing machine. LOL. Have a lovely week, Diana. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteOh my goodness, that would be scary! So glad to know that your grandson is okay. I love seeing your marigolds, Melisa! I finally have my first one blooming. The rabbits have been nibbling on all the ones they could reach, but this one survived. Roll and Bake is adorable - the colors of the squares in your borders are perfect. Will you hand quilt it? That's going to be a fun finish!
ReplyDeleteThankfully, the Little One is all right, but it put a scare into all of us. Oh those pesky little rabbits. Will you be able to save some of the seeds and replant for this year? I have been spreading seeds all throughout my garden and new seedlings are coming up. I am hoping to finish up Roll and Bake this week if time permits. Oh yes, I will hand quilt it. I am still mulling over ideas for it though. Have a wonderful afternoon, Diann and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.
DeleteOh my! So glad that the little one is safe! Roll and Bake is looking great! :)
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Pat. It scared the little fella as it did us all. We feel blessed and grateful that he is ok. It is so nice to be moving Roll and Bake along. It is long overdue. I wish you the most delightful day. Hugs.
DeleteOh Melisa that is so scarry about your grandson and the marshmallow. Glad Mr. P was able to help!! Love your Gingerbread blocks surrounded by the colorful squares.
ReplyDeleteOh it was, Vicki. He told me today that he is slowing down and taking smaller bites. Bless his heart. It was a blessing that Mr. P. was there at the time. I have been auditioning the final border fabrics today, but I am still mulling it over. I hope you had a great day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteI’m so glad your grandson was ok and someone was around. I had the same thing happen to me over a year ago. I ran through the house trying to get to my college daughter who was home banging on the walls as I went. Thankfully the marshmallow began melting enough to breathe before I passed out. I don’t know who was more terrified. At least my daughter had cpr training, so I’d have been in good hands. I understand his reluctance to eat after that. Enjoy your time with your grands!
ReplyDeleteOh, Andrea how frightening! It is a good thing that your daughter was home and what a blessing that the marshmallow melted. You just never know when things like that will happen. Hubby and I thought about ordering a Lifevac after this experience. I am just so grateful that he was here and knew what to do . I would have never thought about choking on a marshmallow would you? But when it goes down the wrong way , it doesn't matter what kind of food it is. Thank you so much for sharing your story with me. It is an experience that you do not get over. Have a lovely evening, dear. Hugs and Warm Blessings.
DeleteBtw I forgot to change from anonymous on the above comment. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteWhat a scary incident. Thank goodness Mr. Pinker was able to assist and your grandson was okay! Your gingerbread blocks look great in the setting you chose. May the rain fall enough to water for you in the coming week!
ReplyDeleteIt sure was , Terry. It broke my heart that the little fella went through this. He said he is being very mindful as he eats now. Bless his heart. I am glad to finally set my gingerbread blocks. Hopefully by the weekend, I will settle on a border fabric. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you had a great day in the quilt room. Hugs.
DeleteI am relieved your grandson is okay - that is so scary. The Surrounded by Joy is so cute. I always have a difficult time deciding how to finish my projects. The Bake and Roll is adorable. The hornets nest looks huge! I am jealous of those tomatoes. It is wonderful that Edna has a friend. There is a lot happening in the holler. Enjoy today Alicia
ReplyDeleteGood morning, dear Alicia. Oh yes, it has been busy here in the holler these last few days though we could have done without the scare. It is so nice that the tomatoes are coming in ; we always wait on pins and needles to harvest them. I am not sure how all or the rain will affect them though. Have a very lovely day and thank you for dropping by to see me. Hugs.
DeleteI am sooo thankful your grandson is ok. That is definitely a scary thing. I hope he is eating ok now. Your stitch is adorable and I am really loving Bake and Roll!! I have never seen a hornet's nest that large! WOW! We had a bee hive on the eave of our last house (two stories) and it was huge too with honey dripping down. Finally, we were able to get a bee keeper to come and take it away for us. Wish I had know you then!! And, aww, so glad Elmer and Edna are having some alone time. Maybe you'll get a new little baby for the farm! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great day. Sew happy to see you back! Hugs, B
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Brenda. The Little One said he is being mindful as he eats now; it certainly scared him and us too. Bless his heart. Oh yes, that hornet's nest is huge. This is the 2nd one that has been found but the 1st one was smaller. We are hoping Elmer and Edna will be parents come this time next year, but we shall see though. It has been awhile since we have had a young donkey. Thank you for the sweet Thursday visit. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.
DeleteHow scary for your grandson, and you all! I'm happy to hear that he is ok, poor thing. Love your fully finish of Surrounded by Joy. The little gingerbread quilt is going to be adorable in your kitchen.
ReplyDeleteOh it was a frightening situation, Jeanna, but the Lord was with us. It feels so nice to FFO a project. I have stacks of finished pieces just waiting to be fully finished. I guess I just have to be in the mood. Hopefully, by the end of the week , I will have settled on a border fabric for "Roll and Bake". I so appreciate your sweet visit, Jeanna. I hope you are having a very lovely day. Hugs.
DeleteOMGoodness! I bet thechoking episode was beyond scary. Been there, done that and Hope to never experience it again. So glad all is well now.The flowers and the garden produce look wonderful. That hornet nest gave me goosebumps. That is a big one! Elmer and Edna - can't wait to see apic of the happy couple. The joy ornament is lovely. I am behind on my ornament making. Your finishing on Roll and Bake is coming along so well. Love the scrappy piecing around your adorable blocks. I have been sorting fabric, trying to find a border print I want to use on a project I am working on. It is hotter than Blazes here now. Has it cooled off at all in your neck of the woods?
ReplyDeleteLots of goings on! It's such fun to hear about the farm. Love your cross stitch! So pretty. Puts me in the mood for Christmas. So does your fun Roll and Bake quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-493
Such a scary thing with your grandson. So glad he's OK. Hope it's cooler there then here, it's steamy.
ReplyDelete