Blog Archive

Sunday, July 12, 2026

Catching up on UFO's

 Good afternoon, Sunshine!  For the last few days, we have had rain. Yesterday, I spent the whole day in my stitchy spot , watching Christmas movies , listening to the pitter patter of rain and  stitching away . But today the sun is peeking through the clouds smiling down upon the flowers. 

The bee balm is in bloom and the bees are loving it! 

Today , I will be working on my Winter Checklist which I shared last year. The embroidery is all done. I just need to give it a quick press and pop it into the hoop. I will use off white thread to quilt around some of the embroidery work , but first I must piece some leftover batting together.


Now on to the plans for the week
Well I want to ...

🧵1. Work on Joy's Floral Bauble Block #2  from Joy at Days Filled with Joy. which is a free Sew Along being offered by Joy right now. Thank you , Joy. 🤗

🧵2. Embroider my A Very  Vintage Christmas Blocks

🧵3. Finish Sunflower Haven cross stitch. This has been my 15 minute a day or more project this week. 
🧵4. And finally begin piecing the Gingerbread Quilt.

Way back in 2023, I shared 4 gingerbread designs  which were  Roll and Bake , Gingerbread and MarshmallowsA Plate of Gingers, and  A Bowl of Gingerbread. It is time for me to do something with them. 

I am sorting through 2 1/2" strips. 

I am cutting 2 1/2" squares to frame the blocks. 

 2 1/2" blocks are being pulled to frame the Gingerbread blocks for a country Christmas quilt. 

Alrighty Sweet Peas, I will keep it short and sweet today.  May your fingers be nimble and your needles flying! Stitch Away, Sweet Friends! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"It's okay if productivity looks different every day.  "- Unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy .
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 

36 comments:

  1. Your bee balm is pretty, Melisa! It looks like you have plenty to keep busy with this week. I'll enjoy seeing how you put your Gingerbread Men together. I have always loved those designs - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee balm is one of my favorite especially since attracts the bees and butterflies. Those little gingerbread men are far overdue on completing. I am looking forward to working on them. Have a great week, Diann. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I love the Winter checklist and the Gingerbread Man is sweet. You have an interesting list of project to work on. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much , Deb. I hope to get a few things checked off my list this week. I am looking forward to moving he gingerbread men along.Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. We need the rain you have had. It is really hot and dry in Europe.
    Hope you have a lovely week with lots of stitches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you some of our rain, Annelies. It has really cooled things down which has been nice. Hopefully, you will get some soon. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Happy Monday, Robin. I hope your week is off to a lovely start. It was a rainy day here; it may be moving in your direction. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. You have some fun projects to work on this week. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope to check a couple of things of the list this week. Fingers crossed. Have an awesome week, Kate. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. You're going to be busy this week! Lots of projects. I'm working on a table runner from Villa Rosa. Headed to OK today! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, Donna. Are you working on the Liberty Cove runner. It is so cute. I love all of Villa Rosa's designs though. Have a wonderful time in OK. Are you going to any place special? Have you ate at Braum's before? We always have to stop for a burger and ice cream when we travel to OK. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. I love to watch movies and stitch on rainy days. Looking forward to seeing the gingerbread quilt and the winter checklist completed. I am amazed at how much you accomplish. Have a great week. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so relaxing to sit back , watch videos and enjoy my stitching time, Alicia. More rain is expected this week. Hopefully, I can finish these little quilts. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I am SO ready for fall and Christmas - lol! I look forward to seeing how you frame your pretty pieces. Have a great week Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be here in no time. I say with all of the hot weather you have been having that you are ready for cooler temps. Have you been getting any of the rain, Linda? It has been a nice few days here. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Your bee balm is so pretty! Have fun with your projects this week and thanks for joining us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Brenda. I am happy with how well the bee balm has done. Hopefully, I can check a couple of projects off the list this week. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  10. Winter checklist is super cute. May you make awesome progress on your projects this week. I have printed Joy's bauble pattern and prepped some background. . .I have no business starting a new project. . . Gertie and the temptation was too great. Enjoy your sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL one more project won't hurt. Hee! Hee! I cannot wait to see your Floral Baubles in the future, Terry. Gertie never steers you wrong. Have an awesome week and thank you for the sweet visit.Hugs.

      Delete
  11. The bee balm is such a pretty color, Melisa. Christmas List is adorable, as are the gingerbread men. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you , Jeanna. I received some plantings from my mom and have enjoyed them very much . I am looking forward to completing these little quilts for the Christmas season. Fingers crossed I can do that. Have a blessed week. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. i spent a little time out weeding my front bed. i learned my lesson and won't overdo again. i am cooling down a bit and then I will jump in the shower and then go pick up my new glasses, which are ready. I can't see far away so i need them for driving and watching TV. They are red! i'm sort of excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh red glasses! Snazzy! Those would be my style! I hope your eyes adjust to the new glasses easily, Ginny. It sounds like you have been busy ; it is hard to keep from getting carried away and overdoing it when weeding sometimes isn't it? I hope you were able to sit back and relax once you got back home, Ginny. I had the grandchildren all day after a sleepover so they were my entertainment for the day. LOL. Have a wonderful week and thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete
  13. I love watching Christmas movies, although with this heat, it’s pretty hard to get into the holiday spirit... hahaha! I can't think of a better plan for a rainy afternoon than doing crafts, sewing, embroidery, or—in my case, most of the time—painting. Thanks for sharing your latest progress. Have a great start to the week!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat has been oppressive , but the rain has given us a little relief. I wish I could send some of the rain to you, Isabel in order to cool things off. Sometimes I miss my "painting days" . I do need to get back into that in the near future. Enjoy your week. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. I absolutely love your projects and creative talent. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are always so kind and uplifting, Linda. Thank you so much. I wish you a very lovely week. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  15. Here's to making progress! You Do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Betty. These are just little projects but it is good to move them along. Have a lovely day . Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Your embroideries are lovely, I love Winter checklist! The strips you prepare for framing the gingerbread designs are pretty, can't wait to see them finished! I love the yellow fabric with red buds, and these red fabrics are beautiful too. Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Frederique. I have made a bit of progress on both of the small quilts. Hopefully, I can move them along this week. I wish you the most lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. So nice to check in and say hello. I have been neglecting reading your blog and I have missed the smiles and joy it brings me. I have been so busy here in the northwest preparing a major move to NC by a daughter and family. I'll be sure to drop in soon again and share a glass of tea, relax and enjoy all your goings ons 🌷🤍 much summer happiness and crafting 🩷Sharon (nwpaintedlady)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw it is so good to hear from you Sharon. I hope you are doing well and having a great summer. It is so nice to hear that you will be moving closer to your daughter and your family . It is a job to move isn't it? I wish all the best and I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Thank you for dropping by , Sweetie. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  18. Rain and Christmas movies just put you in the mood to work on that checklist! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just enjoy a good rainy day. Don't you? It is nice to sit back and enjoy some slow stitching that's for sure. Thank you for the sweet visit, Alycia. I hope you are having a great week. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Bees and Blooms Roundabout Doodle