Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day  to all of the dear mothers out there. It is your special day. ❤🤗

 I have a gift bag choked full with bee decor items and Pioneer Woman pieces for my mom. I  will be taking it to her very soon. This is her 2nd year decorating with the  bee theme  and she loves Pioneer Woman decor . 

What do you have on the agenda?  I plan to spend the day with my family. Nothing fancy this year just pizza and  maybe a sweet treat. Later , the grandchildren and nephews will go fishing or swimming which is always a delight to watch. 

 

In the evening, I hope to add binding to my newest mini quilt finish. I appliqued this mini basket quilt last year and just finished the quilting.  It holds a special place in my heart because the yellow floral fabric was from a dress of my  youngest daughter. I say she was about 2 years old when she wore it. 💛😀


 I will also continue pulling out patriotic decor. 


Well Sweeties, this is another short and sweet post. Have a very blessed day and ...


As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

"A mother is she who can take the place of all others  but whose place no one else can take. " -Cardinal Mermillod  

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear baby sister, Amy. The 2nd Mother's Day without you.  I love and miss you so much, Amo. ❤❤❤
 

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Wendy at Wendy's Quilts for Peacock Party - Friday

Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  for Whoop! Whoop! - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday

Kate at Life in Pieces for  Stitching Stuff ( Sunday) 

Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That

25 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I wish you a happy Mother's Day and that you can really enjoy it. I will spend the day with my children and my hobby.
    See you soon,
    Martina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Martina and Happy Mother's Day. It sounds like you will have the most delightful day especially being with your children. Thank you so much for dropping by. Hugs

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you Melissa! Enjoy the family time, and fishing. Lovely mini quilt, your baskets are featuring beautifully this special fabric.
    Thank you for sharing and linking up, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blessed Mother's Day with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you an enjoyable Mother's Day, Melisa! Staying home today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day, Melisa! Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here we celebrate the first Sunday of May.
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you have some fun items to gift your Mom! And a wonderful day ahead! Happy Mother's Day to you, Melisa!!! And happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you and your Mother and very Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mini quilt is so sweet. I love that you have used part of a dress when your daughter was little. Special memories. Happy Mother's Day to you, dear Melisa. Have a beautiful day enjoying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's day Melisa! Enjoy your time with your mother. You are very blessed to have her. Love the little basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother’s Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet your Mama will be so excited to see her thoughtfully chosen gifts from you! So sweet.
    You are such a sentimental lady – that’s beautiful. You seem to have a heart of gold. 😊
    Happy Mother’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope it was a roses and love kind of day for you and those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mom is going to appreciate your thoughtful gifts. I think it's wonderful that you've used pieces of a dress worn by your daughter for the cute quilt. I hope you had memory filled day, Melisa. May day was very quiet but not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Mothers Day to you too Melisa. Your family day sounded nice and happy with pizza and fishing to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Happy Mother's Day to you too. I also spent the day with family and we had pizza too! Nothing like it, is there? Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The mini basket quillt is darling. How wise you saved the yellow dress and now reuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun to have a quilt with a fabric that has so many memories. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Mine was quiet since the old man had to work starting at 1. We picked up some BBQ after church and enjoyed it for lunch! How sweet is that little mini quilt, and so special that you used your daughter's dress. I wish I had saved some of the little cotton dresses that were my daughters! Have fun stitching this week and thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day! The mini quilt is really cute and I love your patriotic decor. Have a wonderful start of the week!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mini is so cute!! And what a sweet gift for your mom.. hope you all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a question regarding your cross stitching. When you stitch on 14 count Aida, do you use 2 strands of floss or 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, she uses 2 strands. Sometimes, even in her instructions, she'll say.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies