It's time to change the hutch decor! In 2 shakes of a lamb's tail I had dismantled my "sunflower decor" and added my orange Dollar Tree plates to the small wooden hutch , Mr. Pinker created nigh 20+ years ago. Little doilies and Christmas lights were added for a bit of sparkle.
With a hop , skip and a jump, I rushed out to the "she shed" to fetch my pumpkin cookie jar and the rest of the "pumpkin themed serviceware" rolled out of the attic. The "bones" were in place for my Pumpkin themed hutch . Now to get down to the nitty , I thought. Pouring in the clutter. Hee! Hee!
 |
| The plates and large pieces are out . It is time to add in the decorations to the hutch. |
On the top of the hutch where the tins and the Coca Cola crates stay year round, I just added an Autumn four patch quilt and a couple tins in the Autumn colors. "What's in the tins? " - That is where I store some small kitchen Christmas decor. Christmas plates and mugs are stored in the bottom of the hutch.
 |
| A little Four Patch quilt was carefully draped over the Coca Cola crates . |
Now let's work on the first shelf. Anything orange in color was fair game to be put on the hutch including old pitchers and a tall rooster.
 |
| My only new addition was the pumpkin butter dish. |
Fall 1869 Crock is a fall favorite. I have stitched a whole series of "crock " themed pieces over the years and I have a few more in mind.
Do you have any suggestions for a crock stitch?
 |
| The sweet velvet pumpkin was a gift from dear Patricia . Thank you , dear friend. 🤗 |
The middle shelf was filled with more pumpkins.
 |
| Pumpkin themed bowls cups and a cookie jar fill the 2nd shelf along with some stitching. |
I store the little pumpkin cups in the big pumpkin cookie jar when I put these items away for storage.
The little pumpkin gravy bowl was filled with a stitch called Pumpkins and behind it is a wool applique that I worked on about 20 years ago.  |
| Can you tell that I love pumpkins and crows? LOL |
My Autumn Pumpkin Wool Applique was created from pieces of thrifted wool clothing and after completion it was just popped into a thrifted frame. Wahlah!
The bottom shelf was filled with a modge podge of country clutter. Wheew ! Where do I start? There are stacks of little plates, mom's pumpkin pie plate and a mason jar filled with pears.
I store small fall themed items in the pie dish when not in use.
Oh and there is stitching and other crafty pieces too . Like...
Little Prim Punkin a small yarn punched piece that I shared last year. I just used thrifted yarns and whipped this prim punkin up for the fall season.  |
| Little Prim Punkin was yarn punched using thrifted wool yarns. A very easy peasy craft and quick too . |
Fall Y'all and the Pumpkin Pie Stamp are nestled among jello molds, salt and pepper shakers and small plates.  |
| The painted wooden spoon and salt and pepper shakers were gifts from my sweet sis. |
Underneath the Mini Pumpkin Sampler, you may have spotted a little quilt
Mom's Pumpkin Pie was created in the 90's . My how my applique has come along since then. 😀😄

Lots of teeny wonky scraps were sewn up and a big pumpkin pie was appliqued over the squares.

Of course I had to include Mom's Pumpkin Pie recipe at the time.


That's my fall Hutch in a Pumpkin Shell! A lot to see . Right? Well, these roly poly's are coming down today! 🎃
There are black cats, ghosts and ghouls that are grumbling in the attic ready to take their place.
Sooo... I will be trying to wrangle them into place. Perhaps if I get it done, I will show you next week where the cute jacks and cats landed.
Hmmm... Now where do I store all of this clutter when it is time to put it away? Well let me show you .
In the toy room is a gigantic armoire which holds a lot of stuff including the following themed items : sunflowers, Halloween , Fall , Thanksgiving and Patriotic.
 |
| This armoire holds patriotic in the bottom drawer and in the basket on the shelf. Fall and Halloween is in the large section of the armoire |
In the armoire are stacks upon stacks of small shoe box totes that are labeled. Here I have pulled out my Fall Salt and pepper shakers. They are wrapped and tightly packed.
 |
| Fall Salt and Pepper shakers are stored in shoe boxes. |
My Pumpkin themed pie dishes , bowls and such are stored in the attic. I wrap all of my breakables with newspaper or plastic wrap that I buy at Harbor Freight on a spool. This gives the pieces a little protection from any chips.
 |
| I wrap all of my breakables in plastic wrap for protection. |
Do you see the yellow bowl in the background? It sits high on the counter. In it are some of my salt and pepper shakers that rotate in and out of the seasons. I use every nook and cranny to store my clutter. Hee! Hee!
Now as far as my stitching storage- well I haven't perfected that yet. I did buy another armoire a while back, so I am aiming to organize and store some in there, but that story is for another day. 😏😊
Gosh, I guess I have rambled long enough. I do hear the moans and groans of my Halloween decor calling so I best get to work.
So tell me . Do you have a special place that you like to decorate seasonally?
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Create something special that brings joy to your day. "-
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved decorating for the holidays even when she was just a youngster.
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
 |
Picked up these pretty vintage calicos in Texas while thrifting.
|
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
Today, Blogger isn't let me post as myself. Your pumpkin theme is a sight to behold. You sure can pack a lot of eye candy in a small space! Thanks for sharing your seasonal update with us!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects
ReplyDeletehave you thought Crock turkey? 🦃 Thank you 😊 Christmas stamp collection?
ReplyDeleteGood morning 🧡🧡🧡 What a wonderful tour to take first thing after waking up 😁 I absolutely love your orange hutch, I could spend hours just looking and finding all the little treasures that hide there. 😍 And thanks for showing how you store your things, I always wonder how others store their goodies because I need storage ideas.
ReplyDeleteThe living area in our house is pretty full of stuff cause it's a small house so I tend to only decorate my big shelf my hubby built next to my quilt ladder and the mantle. It brings me joy every time I walk by 🥰
Happy Friday dear friend! 🎃
So much pumpkin fun in this post, Melisa. I love how you shared your storage as well. Your hutch is always decorated nicely for every season. I enjoy decorating my Hoosier cabinet and dry sink seasonally. Enjoy the weekend ahead, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI wondered how you store so many treasures! You sure do have a good system.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning! I'm glad we finally got to see your storage for your hutch. I imagined a huge storage shed filled to the brim but you really have a handle on it!
ReplyDeleteI have a little corner in the RV where I hang seasonal things. The changing months, some of your saltbox houses, etc. Since we've landed here for good, I'm thinking of re-arranging everything but that's far in the future. Then again, if there was a such thing as time travel...;-) Blessings!
A hutch tour is a wonderful way to begin the day. Your hutch always looks great. You arrange things to make such a fun decor. I love the pumpkin theme. Unfortunately, I don't have a hutch, but I have several shelf units that I decorate. It finally feels like fall here, so I guess I need to step up my decorating. Thanks for sharing your storage. I am still trying to work out a system. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI love your pumpkin decor! As far as crock stitching suggestions, I'm boring - the only thing I have used crocks for was to store my kitchen utensils - not sure that would make any kind of seasonal stitch! You are an expert storer of all your priceless treasures. In my house, we have an entry table and a sofa table and a mantel I like to seasonally decorate. If I ever get my house cleaned up, I'll decorate for fall!
ReplyDeleteOh Melisa, I love your hutch and how you have it decked out in pumpkin galore. Thanks for sharing how you store your collections. One question! Are your lights plug in or battery operated? Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness! We just get to see the pumpkins and you're already talking of changing out to Halloween. The pumpkin hutch is just lovely and you can almost smell the pumpkin spice. I have a cookie recipe I am thinking needs to be made. Wonderful taste of Fall. The little pumpkin pie quilt is such a sweet homage to your mom. The armoir you store things in is beautiful. I would love to touch the nubby needle punch pumpkin. I haven't done any of that since I was in school.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy watching your hutch tours Melisa! You have such pretty things!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Oh! Melisa!! I have had the BEST time today!! THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING POST TODAY!!! I feel as if I was right there with you decorating your hutch! 🎃You have been so kind to share and show your storage ideas and your tips!! I am so inspired and excited ….thanks for sharing your joy and zest for life which comes wrapped in the beautiful, changing seasons God blessed us with! Plus, sharing your visions and talents brighten my life and I thank you soooo much!! From my heart! Connie💕🙏🎃🎉
ReplyDeleteI love your hutch and enjoyed seeing how you store your decor. I am running out of space and have stopped buying decor and cross stitch finishing items. At least until I can use some of what I already have. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete