Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tuesday Rambles

 

Do you remember a couple of months ago when I told you that Mr. Pinker found a hutch at a thrift shop for 25 smackeroos?!  It wasn't perfect. It was unstained and  missing the front doors, but it was homemade, well built,  and big .❤

 Well, Mr. Pinker stained it  with my favorite stain ,Early American, and moved it right on  into the house into the small laundry room. 


It was not long before I began filling it to the brim with what most people call "good old fashion junk!" 😀😁 I call the junk thrifty treasures though.


The hutch is tucked into a small laundry room and will be used for storage - mostly storing my blue enamelware and pottery.  The enamelware pots on the top shelf store more enamelware and  floral picks


I am happy as a clam with this new storage piece. 





The baby finches will soon be leaving their nest. It has been a joy for the grandsons to watch the little ones grow. 


 Over the weekend, Mr. Pinker and I took a road trip to Alabama where we enjoyed the beautiful farmland scenery which included vast cornfields.



The huge American flag waving in the cornfield was glorious! 

Old Glory waving in the breeze at the Walker Ranch. 

My travel stitch was Little House Needleworks, "Sheep Virtues". My sweet friend, Donna gifted me the darling charts. 
I finished  "Joyfulness" .  ( The precious felt sheep needle holder was a gift from my dear friend Patricia. Isn't it as cute as a button with the googly eyes? 🐑💗)


I then began "Gratitude". Mr. Ripper did have to come out once when I miscounted and moved the border over a row, but thankfully it was a quick and easy fix.  

Look at the splotchy  grungy Aida. I love it! 


I am stitching the Sheep Virtues  as one large pieced on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida .  Five spaces separate each design.  Today I will continue working on the "Gratitude's" border. Thank you , dear Donna . I am enjoying each and every stitch. ❤😘

Well Sweeties, I guess I have rambled long enough. I do have more to share, but that will have to wait until another day. Meanwhile, I look forward to catching up and seeing what has been going on with all my stitchy friends. 

Have a Sun Shiny Day! 


As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Do all the good you can , and make as little fuss about it as possible.  "- Charles Dickens

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy .
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.

🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  

🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 


30 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I absolutely love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, LInda. I am having a ball working on Sheep Virtues. I have always had an affection for sheep. Have a wonderful evening, Linda. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your home must be like living in a craft/antique. You decorate like a professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks! Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my day. I like the old rusty stuff or anything that reminds me of my grandparents. I was thrilled to pieces to have a new hutch for storage. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Your new hutch looks great, especially filled with all those pretty blue dishes, Melisa! Mr. Pinker sure saw its potential. I love the sheep stitcheries, too - so cute! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised when Mr. Pinker spotted the hutch and bought it. Usually I am the one who gravitates toward the furniture. It was our lucky day that was for sure. I am having a ball working on the LHN stitch. The sheep are the cutest. Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Wow Mr Pinker did good - that is a beautiful stain. Your blues collection is so pretty Melisa, I love it all! Glad you got to take a little trip. There are many acres of field corn between here and Dallas, and they all look like they are dry enough to harvest. Your sheep stitcheries are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super proud to be able to move the hutch in the house. I was going to put it in the she shed. Hubby and I will be heading to TX in the next month or two. I look forward to seeing the vast farmland and ranches. I always enjoy camping near the Dallas area, but I am not sure if we will make it in that direction. Thank you for the sweet visit, Linda. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. I love all the blues on the new hutch. The hutch was quite a find. Sheep Virtues is going to look nice as one whole piece. Enjoy the rest of your week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I have been collecting blues for years. I have an affection for anything blue or red. I am having a ball working on the Sheep Virtues. I hope to finish Gratitude soon. Have a lovely evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Who needs doors on a hutch when you have all your treasures to fill it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL so true. It worked to my advantage. I told hubby to leave the hinges and I would hang little treasures from them. Hee! Hee! Thank you for bringing a smile to my day, Vicki. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. The new hutch looks fabulous. Awesome find, Melisa and Mr. Pinker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. Mr. Pinker gets a big thumbs up from me on this find. I was tickled pink.

      Delete
  8. I received the little sheep virtues this year for my birthday. I haven't started them yet, but you make me wonder if I want them all on one piece. Yours are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun. Please keep me updated on what you decide to do when you start them. So far they are a relaxing stitch. I look forward to finishing Gratitude very soon. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. It's a wonderful display case full of blue treasures!!!
    The embroidery you took on your trip to Alabama is truly ideal.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite pleased with how the hutch turned out and it is a great storage piece. I have filled the bottom section to the brim with things. Have a blessed day, Isabel. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Hola mi bella amiga. Como SIEMPRE es un gusto leerte! Como ya sabes amo lo vintage!!! y este aparador.......... me encanta! y creo que No podioa tener mejores adornos que esa bellisima coleccion azul! adorable y se que la disfrutaremos mucho.
    besitos
    Tu amiga
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening, dear Dianet. I hope you have had a very lovely day. I am sure you have been quite busy. Isn't it a lot of fun to search out vintage treasures? I am thrilled that hubby found a storage piece for me. It will serve me well. Have a beautiful day, sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Love reading your posts and the pictures are always heart warming. Today's post about the hutch too me to my knees - the lady that raised me had one in her kitchen, next to a large sink that filled with water from a pump. sigh. The house was built in the late 1800's including a "summer kitchen" off the "real kitchen. Great memories. Thanks for all the wonderful photos and stories!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw it warms my heart to hear that this post brought back such fond memories. The home you lived in as a child sounds so warm and cozy. That would be my dream kitchen. especially having a summer kitchen. My Granny lived in a little log cabin. She did not have running water but we drew water from the well and there was a table by the door where we would place the bucket and dip the water into our cups. Her kitchen was filled with old cupboards that Grandpa made or bought. Because the room was so dark she painted them lighter colors. I miss my Granny and her little kitchen. She could cook up a storm in that small space. It means the world that you shared such a sweet memory with me. Thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Love the new hutch. It works beautifully with your enamelware. Is the wire thing with the star shape on the front a lid holder? I have one and thought yours looked similar to mine. Look at the baby birds! So sweet. What a sight! The flag in the cornfield isn't something you see every day. The Virtues is a stitch I have looked at many times. Yours is going to be such a statement piece when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Ginny. Hubby did good on spotting this piece of furniture and then staining it for me. That wire thing a canning rack for a canner. I found it in my sisters she shed withering away. I am sure she found it at the dump. LOL. It makes me smile every time I see it. I wish I did have one of those antique lid holders. I keep my eyes peeled when I go thrifting for them.I have bookoos of my Granny's white enamelware lids that I still use. They bring back fond memories of Granny hustling and bustling in the kitchen. Thank you for the sweet visit, Ginny. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. I hope you enjoyed Alabama. We have a lot of thrift stores in mid Alabama. Love the cabinet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy my visits to Alabama. Good shopping, good food and wonderful people . What more can I say. We used to camp in AL but it has been a spell since we have done that. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. The hutch looks fabulous - a perfect place for your enamelware. I bet you had a fun time filling the hutch! That is a great picture of those cute baby birds. It looks like you enjoyed your trip to Alabama. I have the Virtues to stitch - I am still trying to decide whether to stitch as pillows or a sampler. I can’t wait to see them when you finish. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did have a great time decorating the hutch. I was not sure if it would fit in the small space, but it fit perfectly and holds so much. I am thrilled with how it came out. Oh keep me posted when you start Virtues, Alica. I know you will enjoy each and every stitch. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. Hi Melisa, I love the blue pieces in your hutch. The hutch was a great find! I enjoy reading your posts and have stitched many of your patterns. Happy stitching! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was over the moon when hubby found the hutch. He usually breezes right through the furniture section of the thrift store. LOL. I had a ball decorating it though. Oh, it warms my heart that you have stitched so many of my humble designs. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You made my day! Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete