Let me introduce to you the newest addition to the farm.
Bowzer!
Isn't he a cutie patootie? He just appeared one day which means someone dropped him off.
Some of you may remember Petunia the pot belly pig who was dropped off at the bottom of the driveway a couple of years ago.
| Petunia the Pig now lives at another farm. |
Anywhooo... I was not sure about Bowzer when I first met him. But he is very gentle, and his goofy smile soon won me over. He is a porch dog which means he likes to lounge on the porch most of the day and does not venture far . We officially put on a collar the other day so he has a home. 🐶
| Bowzer has a long tongue . He always has his mouth open smiling. 😀 |
Now on to stitchy stuff.
I am making progress on Sunflower Haven which I started earlier this week. Today I will be adding the windows, foundation stones and roof.
| Sunflower Haven is being stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida. |
Home of Faith, Family and Freedom is my newest addition to my neighborhood. I have to admit- it is also a new favorite "house finish".
This patriotic house is surrounded by a vine of red, white and blue flowers.
Small crosses and hearts are scattered throughout.
It was stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida.
If you are interested in how I dye my fabric check out my post called Time to Dye which I posted in 2024.
🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠
I use only 7 DMC floss colors which include: DMC 221, 610, 730, 732, 746, 844, and 924.
I enjoy stitching houses so much. I feel like I am stitching my dream homes.
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
If you are interested in stitching this piece, just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.
🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵
QUESTION : Do you have suggestions for "theme" related homes that you would like to see? I always get excited when you give me ideas. 😀❤🤗
Well, Sweeties. I better put on my construction hat and get to roofing my Sunflower Haven house. Soon it will be time to pull out the sunflower and bee decor.
Have a beautiful day.
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"There is nothing like staying home for real comfort. "- Jane Austin
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy .
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida





Bowser is a cutie patootie.He looks very happy. face. Goes with saying that i love the new house =it's beyound p retty.. Wower lots of hugs DarleneJ
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday Miss Darlene. LOL Bowzer is a hoot and so friendly. Aaah thank you so much for the kind compliment on my new house. I had a ball stitching it. I hope you have had a great day. It has been raining here so I hunkered down and stitched the day away. Yah! Big hugs from the holler.
DeleteHow about the Crooked Man with the Crooked House More hugs,DarleneJ
ReplyDeleteOh now that would be a cute idea! Thank you , Darlene.Big hugs.
DeleteI love Bowzer - he is our kind of dog! I'm so glad you gave him a home. :) We are suckers for rescue animals, it's hard not to take in every single one. Your patriotic house is beautiful! Have a great weekend Melisa!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Linda. Bowzer is a big marshmallow. LOL. We were worried how the cats would react to him, but they seem to be getting along well. So we are over the moon with that. This house was a delight to stitch and share. Have a great weekend, Linda. Hugs.
DeleteBowzer has found his happy home. Love the new patriotic house. Can’t wait to start it. Thanks. Have a great weekend. K from NY
ReplyDeleteLOL he was bound and determined to not get off the porch and with that winning smile we could not help but keep him. LOL I hope you enjoy this little house, K. I am so honored that you will be adding it to your stitching list. Hugs
DeleteHello Bowzer and welcome to the family! Such a sweetie. My dd used to live in an area where animals of all kinds were left there. She usually took them in to the point where she had more animals than kids and she has 5 kids! LOL! Thank you for being so kind to take him in.
ReplyDeleteLove your new house - you've been so generous with all of them - thank you.
How about a log cabin out in the woods?
Blessings!
Aaw it is so sweet to hear that your dd is an animal lover too. I bet your grands just love being around the animals . It is always hard to see a dog, cat or even a pig dropped off on the side of the road. A log cabin in the woods would be great. Hmmm ... you got me thinking. Thank you for the sweet visit, Donna. Hugs.
DeleteBowzer got dropped off at the right place. How people can drop off animals to fend for themselves out in the country somewhere is just beyond comprehension. So glad you are giving him a good home.
ReplyDeleteI wonder the same thing, Kate. It always breaks my heart especially when the animals are so friendly. Bowzer is very loveable; he stole our hearts immediately. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteBowzer looks like a bad boy, but I'm glad he's a good kid!
ReplyDeleteOh, the embroidery of the sunflower house has captivated me since the first day I saw it... I can't wait to see it finished!
Hugs
LOL Isabel. That is why I was a little worried when I first saw him. But thankfully he is a big old baby and as friendly as can be. He is easy to train too. Oh thank you so much on the sunflower house, Isabel. I finished the stitching tonight. I hope to FFO it this week. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteYou are so kind to take Bowzer in like that, and I hope he is a good boy for you! I love your new house design, too. My favorite part is those red, white, and blue flowers circling around it!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you , Diann. So far Bowzer has been precious and he obeys commands too. He likes to follow us to the garden and once the chores are done, he goes right back to the porch. LOL. The flowers were my favorite to stitch on the house too. I am so happy you like it.Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteThank you so much for sharing A Home of Faith, Family, and Freedom! I love it so much. Bowser looks like such a sweet fellow. I always have a soft spot for dogs. He must be meant to live with your family.
ReplyDeleteAaw you are so welcome , Lisa. I hope you enjoy stitching it as much as I did. Bowzer is a sweetie and luckily he gets along with the cats which is a good thing . I wish you a wonderful weekend. Warm hugs.
DeleteGlad Bowser found you and you gave him a home. My daughter had a dog who looked a bit like him though he was white and black. He was the best dog--so sweet--not a mean bone in his body. Thank you for the new stitch too. Annie with the ducks
ReplyDeleteAaw I hope Bowzer maintains his cheerful and sweet personality like your daughter's dog. I think we have already spoiled this little fella. LOL. Thank you for the sweet visit, Annie. I wish you a lovely weekend. Hugs.
DeleteWelcome Bowzer! Thank you for giving him a home.
ReplyDeleteLove the new house. Thank you soo much!!
Aaw thank you so much, Annelies. Bowzer is a hoot and a welcome addition. I hope you enjoy this little house, Annelies. Have a very lovely weekend. Hugs.
DeleteI wonder where Bowser came from, and you have to wonder about the type of person who would discard a pet like that. But he seems to have settled down nicely, and I'm sure the grandchildren will enjoy his company when they come to visit you.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me sad when animals are dropped off. Bowzer is such a friendly and happy fella . He won us over immediately. Oh yes, the grandchildren love him ; they love any kind of animal. Have a blessed day, Jenny. Hugs.
DeleteI'm so happy for Bowzer, and glad he was dropped off at your lovely farm. We have had two rescue dogs and several cats, now we have one cat only. Love your patriotic house, so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWe are glad to have Bowzer especially since he is so gentle and friendly. He doesn't seem to mind the cows, donkeys or even the cats which is good. Thank you for the sweet visit, Astrid. I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs.
DeleteI think Bowzer has found a very good home...he has a big smile on his face! Lovely new house Melisa I'm trying to get up,but still have a few to go! We are enjoying the garden..so many flowers...how are your zinnia's? I have a few variety's,do you know the Mazurkia? That is a lovely one! xxxMarianne
ReplyDeleteAaw good evening, dear Marianne. I hope you and the family are doing well. I bet your garden is keeping you very busy. I didn't have as many zinnias sprout as I had hoped , but those that I have a gorgeous. Lots of pretty colors this year. I haven't heard of Mazurkia. I will have to look that one up. It is so good to hear from you. I wish you a lovely summer. Hugs.
DeleteWelcome Bowzer, I am so glad he has a good home. He is such a cute dog and it is great that he gets along with the cats. In the last 48 years, we have rescued 11 dogs and 13 cats. They were all wonderful additions to our family. I can’t wait to stitch the new patriotic house. I am excited for the sunflower house and I am enjoying watching your progress. All of your houses and saltboxes are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your talent. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Alicia
ReplyDeleteAaw it warms my heart to hear that you have rescued so many fur babies. It has been awhile since we have had a dog , but we have enjoyed all of the cats that have "adopted" us. LOL. I hope you enjoy the newest patriotic house. It was such a joy to stitch. I finally finished the Sunflower house last night. I hope to FFO it very soon . Have a beautiful and blessed week, Alicia and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteAwww, Bowzer is adorable, Melisa. I'm so happy he found a good home with you and Mr. Pinker and is away from the one that didn't want that baby! I'm sure the grands will love him too. LOVE the new Faith, Family and Freedom House (THANKS!!) and looking forward to the Sunflower house too! Hmmm, how about doing a Quilters House? You may have one and I have missed it?? Just a suggestion. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Hugs, B
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday, Brenda. I hope your week is off to a lovely start. Bowzer is a sweetie. I am just not sure how he made it so far out here in the boonies, but he is a welcomed addition. Oh a quilter's house is a fantastic idea! I am adding that to my list . Thank you so much Brenda for the sweet visit and the suggestion. My mind is already swirling with ideas. Have a fabulous week. Hugs.
DeleteLovely sunflower house. I did a large sunflower themed project a couple of years ago. How about a Canada themed house for your neighbours to the north. Maple leaves, our flag, red and white…
ReplyDeleteGail at the cozy quilter. Also a proud Canadian!
Aaw thank you so much, Gail. I am all into sunflower stitching right now. A Canadian House would be so lovely; that is such a wonderful suggestion, Gail . Thank you so much. It is so good to hear new ideas to spark my imagination. I will be adding it to my list. I am a bit obsessed with stitching houses- which you proudly know . LOL. Have a great week. Hugs.
DeleteAwwww.....Bowzer is adorable, Melisa! I love your stitching and your photos are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely week ahead!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you very kindly, Linda. Bowzer is a little hoot . I have had a good week of stitching. It is good to make progress on some of my pieces and I am over the moon to share this little house. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteI adore faith, family & freedom! How big did yours come out, Melisa? This is such a cheery place!!!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Nancy. I stitched mine of 14 count Aida so it was a little less than 5" square so not too big. For some reason , this one stitched up quickly which is always nice. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.
DeleteSuper cute Pupper! Enjoy! Pick up a new pair of sneakers cause looks like he likes WALKIES!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Yes, He likes to run and then he is back to the porch where he plants himself for a spell. LOL. He is a hoot that is for sure. Have a beautiful day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteBowser sure is lucky to become a part of your family. That smile would have won me very, too. I really like the new house and how you incorporated the idea of Family, Faith, and Freedom in a beautiful blend of motifs. Thank you for yet another house to add to my collection.
ReplyDeleteAaw you are so welcome, Kathy and thank you for the sweet compliment. You really made my day. This was a very relaxing stitch to work on; it brought me a lot of joy. I hope you enjoy this little home. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteYeah! Can't wait to see how you finish up the gingerbread small quilt. I have my blocks finished and waiting on your wonderful inspiration.
ReplyDeleteAaw that brings a smile to my day. I was thinking of framing the blocks with lots of scraps and see from there, but plans may change. I am looking forward to working on it . Have a beautiful day and Happy quilting. Hugs.
DeleteHow about a colorful stucco beach home (Florida) or a Nantucket type home with the picket fence and rambling flowers.
ReplyDeleteOooh those homes would be so pretty, Lydia. I have never even thought of a beach home which is surprising since I am a beach lover. Thank you for the wonderful idea. I will be adding it to my list. It is so refreshing to get new ideas for the neighborhood. Have a blessed week. Hugs.
DeleteLove all your projects..love the Home of Faith Family and Freedom and can't wait to see Sunflower Haven all done..I will be stitching both of them of course once Sunflower Haven has been shared. Love all your houses..!! Thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteAaw Jennifer , I am so very honored. I am all into sunflower stitching right now. So I hope to share Sunflower Haven in the near future. Home of Faith, Family and Freedom was dear to my heart. I am so touched that you will be stitching it as well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hugs.
DeleteBowzer is one lucky dog! I imagine whoever dropped him off knows what a special farm you have. Both stitcheries are adorable, Melisa. I really like Home of Faith Family and Freedom House. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful that Bowzer is a gentle and happy dog. He is a little hoot and has been a friendly little fella. Thank you for the sweet Monday visit, Jeanna. I wish you a lovely week. Hugs.
DeleteYour newest Freedom House stitch is gorgeous! Thank you so much. The sunflower house is coming along nicely. Hmmm....a themed house...I think you could do a series of flower houses - like pansey, daffodils, hyacinths, dogwood, daisy, etc. I now you have done some already but there are so many flowers and it might inspire you.
ReplyDeleteOh you know how much I love flowers, Ginny . A series of flower houses would be perfect for us gardeners. Thank you so much for the wonderful idea. You already have me brainstorming. Have a fabulous week. Hugs.
DeletePlease do your research on a pit bull. Some cities and/or counties have laws regarding a pit bull. Research the nature of a pit bull and the bite pressure they have. Hoping for best for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Twyla. I was a little concerned when he first appeared. We have been monitoring his behavior very carefully since he is part pit bull which is concerning. So far , he has been very friendly and gentle.If there is any change in his behavior in any way, then we would not be able to keep him. I wish you a lovely week . Hugs and Blessings.
Delete