Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Wordless Wednesday - Homestead National Monument

 Welcome to another not so Wordless Wednesday. This is the last post of my Nebraska trip. These photos are from the Homestead National Park located in Beatrice, NE. The park has nice trails and a fabulous museum.  Palmer-Epard cabin was built in 1867 and housed a family of 12.  Can you imagine 12 people living in this tiny cabin? But I am sure it was filled with love. 🤗 ❤ Hope you enjoy. 















Have a beautiful and blessed  day, my friends and as always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

The journey matters more than the destination. 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy . Wish you had been on the trip.   Love and miss you, Amo  

13 comments:

  1. I love old places like this - 12 people - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drawn to places like this too. I love looking at the old furnishings and such. It would have interesting to see the loft area. Thank you for the sweet visit, Donna.

      Delete
  2. What a fascinating place to visit and see! Thank you for sharing all the pictures, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. There was so much to see and do at the Homestead - very educational, but I particularly enjoyed the log cabin.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Penny. I loved seeing the quilts as well and of course all of the old furniture. Have a great rest of the week. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I am with you, this place might have been small in structure, but huge with the love that lived there. Thank you for all the awesome photos you have shared with us sweet friend. :) Wishing you a day full of many blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear. The cabin looked so warm and cozy. I can imagine it filled with all of the children around the fireplace and them going up and down into the loft. It was a lovely place to visit. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. I really loved this Picture Wednesday, I am positive that love lived there with abundance. I have written this down in my travel journal, going to try and do this trip next year, I can't wait!! Your sweet heart message to your sister brought a tear to my eye and my heart felt blessings for you and your whole family. Sending much love and many warm wishes from Sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures of that little cabin & the grounds! I2 people - at least it would help with keeping warm in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Jan. The Homestead was a wonderful park to visit and the cabin was definitely a highlight for me. Oh yes , 12 people would certainly warm the cabin up quickly.

      Delete
  7. I love it! When can I move in? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that is what I thought, Sandi. I just love little log cabins like this especially with all of the old furnishings. It was such a lovely place to visit. Thank you for the sweet visit.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chicks and Bunnies Easter Hutch Tour