Blog Archive

Monday, November 14, 2022

It's a Beautiful Day.

Time to Sparkle and Shine ! Good morning , yall and Happy Monday!  

Look at this quilt of leaves on the ground. 

The Bradford pear tree is almost bare. 

Aren't the colors of the leaves glorious? 

I finished the embroidery on my Santa quilt. This is a design by Cheri Payne.It will be going into the hoop very soon. Thank you ,dear Joan. Hugs. 





Graphic from the Graphic Fairy. 

A little stack of Christmas quilts. 



Santa Mug Day happened on Saturday. Eeeh! I pulled out 2 totes of Santa mugs . Not all are on display yet. 


A few stacked on a cake stand . 

Santa cookie jars and lots of little mugs. I even pulled out my raggedy celloid Santa ornaments and tucked them into some of the mugs. 

A few mugs are nestled on a plate stand until I decide their final placement. 




It's time to write out my weekly goals. This is the week before last's list. 



Did I Get er' Done?   Well.... Last week's goals were: 
🧵Work on Easter Quilt
🧵 Work on Autumn SAL embroidery. I finished Week  2's embroidery work. 



Joy at Days Filled with Joy blog is so generously  hosting an Autumn SAL. She is providing a portion of a mystery embroidered piece over 5 weeks. These are free for just 1 month  after that there will be a nominal fee . Joy has already released WEEK 1's and WEEK 2's stitch,  WEEK 3's and  WEEK 4's .
I am using DMC 918, 898, 221 floss colors so far on this embroidery. 
🧵 Work on a new Cross Stitch Christmas ornie. 
🧵 Heading out on a new Camping adventure. Woo Hoo!

Doing the happy dance . I achieved 100% on my goals. This week's list is not so lofty. 

What's the Plans for the Week?  Well....
🧵 Finish Joy's Autumn SAL
🧵 Quilt on Frosty McChill
🧵 Work on Thanksgiving Menu. 
🧵 Clean house and prepare for Thanksgiving at my house. 


Well I wish you the most beautiful and productive week . Thank you for the sweet Monday visit and ...

As always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, ya'll

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

Being happy is the greatest form of success! 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy. I  Love and miss you, Amo.


I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Beth at Love Laugh Quilt  for Monday Making
Judy at Small Quilts Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Joy at Days Filled with Joy for This and That
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To Do List Tuesday - Tuesday

22 comments:

  1. Hej Melisa,
    great photos, I enjoy autumn so much :0) love your Santa Quilt and the Santa mugs...thank you for the link to the Autumn SAL, I downloaded the patterns :0) congrats you´ve reached your goals. I will check the linkparties soon....hugs from Denmark, Ulrike :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed working on the Santa quilt so much and am looking forward to getting it into the hoop very soon. The embroidery has been a fun piece to work on . I hope Joy will show how she finishes hers this Friday. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Ulrikes. Have a beautiful week.

      Delete
  2. Your Santa mugs make me smile, Melisa! Love the pictures of the leaves! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to pull out the Santa mugs, Robin. The vintage ones are getting harder to find in my area, but I do keep my eyes peeled for them. The photo of the leaves do not give the colors justice. I hope your trees put on a show of colors when the leaves were stil l present.

      Delete
  3. Your Autumn MSAL looks good. Have you thought about how you'll finish it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Susie. It has been a fun one to work on. I am hoping Joy will post what she does with hers. I can not decide if I want to frame it or make a mini quilt. More than likely it will be a mini quilt. Lol. Happy quilting.

      Delete
  4. Just did a little catch-up reading of your blog, you have been a busy girl. Love the Santa Mugs, I have a few, but not as many. The Quilt Leaves are a sure sign of Winter is on its way. Love the autumn colors!! Stay snug and warm, stitch away dear Melisa. Sending you warm hugs from sunny Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to stay a busy bee. The cooler weather definitely gives me an excuse to stay inside and stitch more. Lol. Have a wonderful week, dear Mary. Hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  5. I love your cute little Santa quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jenny. I would love to get it in the hoop this week. It just depends on how far I get along on my other quilting projects. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Hola querida amiga Melissa que como SIEMPRE tus bordados son un encanto!!!
    La colcha de papa Noel me encanta!!! lastima no haberme enterado para haberla hecho también. Es realmente una monada. espero la disfrutes mucho amiga y forme parte de tu decoración de estas navidades. y que decirte del otro SAL de otoño una belleza también. Lo bajo pensando hacerlo también estos días. Un abrazo y a seguir disfrutando de las puntadas.
    Si gustas u tienes unos minutitos me encantaría tenerte por mi casita. me encantaría!
    Un abrazo y hasta MUY pronto seguro.
    Tu amiga y fiel seguidora
    Dianet de Parchesdeamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, dear Dianet. The Santa quilt was such a delight to work on . I hope to put it in a hoop very soon. The Autumn SAL is stitching up quickly and has been such a joy to work on as well. Thank you again dear friend for stopping by for a visit. Happy stitching.

      Delete
  7. Those Santas just fill me with Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Sue. They were so much fun to work on . I hope to get this quilt in the hoop very soon. Have a very lovely day.

      Delete
  8. I'm enjoying your Christmas decorations so much. I've decided to wait until after Thanksgiving so we'll have room for everyone in our little house - lol! Your Santa embroidery is so cute. Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Linda. I have enjoyed pulling out the Christmas decor and working on Christmas ornaments . It is my favorite time of the year. I hope you have a very lovely Thanksgiving. It is hard to believe it will be here next week. Have a very lovely day and thank you for the sweet visit. 

      Delete
  9. Beautiful leaf photos, Melisa! I love your Santa quilt- so cute. And look at all those mugs - what a fun collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much, Diann. The photo did not do the colors of the leaves justice. I have had a ball working on Santa. I would love to finish him by Christmas, but you know how that is - sew much to do. Lol. Happy Tuesday

      Delete
  10. You always have such fun projects and decorations for us to check out! I think you must have one room in your house just full of fabulous decorations stored and waiting their turn to come out each year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you are the sweetest, Vicki. I do love to decorate seasonally. It is hard to choose a favorite season or holiday for they all bring me joy. Thank you for the sweet visit, my dear.

      Delete
  11. Oh I love seeing all your Christmas goodies in this post!! I love anything Christmas and love to see when people start putting out Christmassy posts!! Your Autumn stitchery is coming along very nicely!! Thanks so much for joining in on it and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Have a wonderful week and thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you so much Joy. I have really enjoyed the Autumn SAL and can not wait to see how you finish yours. Your embroideries are just the cutest. Thank you for the sweet visit . Happy quilting.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies