Thursday, July 9, 2020

Goodbye Patriotic Quilts, Hello Summer Quilts-

Hey, ya'll. I thought I would pop in and share my country foyer.   In the foyer, I have a small shelf where I display lots of country clutter/ knick knacks and quilts. The quilts are displayed on old shutters at varying heights, and I change them out seasonally.  Well, it is time to say goodbye to the patriotic decor and hello to late Summer decor.

Nestled next to the quilts is a little tree that stays up all year. It is nestled in an olive bucket which is then in an old rusty enamelware bucket . For the Patriotic season, I simply decorated it with honeysuckle vine harvested from my property and paper stars that I cut out and glued to a jute twine. A homespun bow topped the tree . Below the tree a chicken in a crock and a patriotic camper. 

On the shutters are some old quilt tops and wool applique. The blue  Bow Tie quilt was purchased years ago at an estate sale  and is hand pieced and quilted. 
For the late Summer, I always like to pull out quilts made from my girls' clothing- one is a hand appliqued coneflower quilt and on top of it is a cotton and wool applique quilt.  Watermelons, chickens, sunflowers are the theme for the late Summer decor. 

 On one of the doors hangs a quilt from a wreath. I love that little patriotic crow. 
  Can you tell that I love color? The foyer shelf is filled with  all kinds of colorful country clutter and I enjoy it all. 
  This Lizzie Kate freebie called "Freedom"  is the newest addition to be added to the foyer shelf. It can be found on the website. 

For the Summer tree, I  added in some sunflowers to the existing decorations and put a little farm screen around the bottom of the tree. I still have to do a little tweaking and things may be removed , but that is how it is looking today. 

Thank you so much joining me in my country foyer and seeing the changes I made. Have a great day.
Melisa

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer love! It looks great! Love the sunflowers and watermelons. I just got all my red, white & blue down yesterday and am working up some beachy things to decorate with. Will also take inspiration from you with all your summery goodness!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah thank you. I am still have to take down my red, white and blue in some areas of the house. I am making table runners tonight out of black and white buffalo check. A beachy theme sounds fun. I have always wanted to decorate in that theme too. I am seeing a lot of cute stitches out there for beach theme. Happy Stitching. Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your red, white and blue decorations and love your Summer decorations!! I keep up and decorate Trees year round in my house so so I love that you have your tree decorated!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah thank you Deb. My husband bought me this little tree years ago and I love decorating it. I have it tucked by the shutters which is near a bedroom. I can see it lite up from the living room which always brings me joy. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Chasing Butterflies