"Uh-oh!" replied Mr. Pinker as he stared at me wide- eyed. I was busy dismantling all of the bee decor displayed on the little country pine hutch.
| Bye Bye, Bee decor! |
"Is it redecorating time? " he asked with a grin.
"It sure is, " I said as I began to pull out my new themed decor.
"What is it this time?" he inquired.
"Apples, silly. Didn't you notice all of the reds?" I replied with a smile.
Mr. Pinker nodded and retreated to the safety of downstairs for he knew it would be no time that plates galore and lots of knick knacks and stitching would be flying this way and that as I puttered with my little country hutch.
| Little saucers, plates and a vintage Betty Crocker cook book |
"Hmmm... now how many plates can I pack onto this wee hutch? " I asked myself.
I layered in lots of thrifted and Dollar Tree red and white plates on one shelf after the other.
It was not long before the first 2 shelves were filled to the brim. I have to admit that I stepped back and gave myself 2 pats on the back. My "Apple-icious Hutch " was coming together.
I even added in my Dolly Parton cookie jar.- So sweet.
Once I reached the bottom shelf, I began to throw in a modge podge of all things red and apple related.
The vintage juicer was filled with a bowl of old jello molds.
The newly thrifted potato masher was good to hold some tins and I even included a little stitch called STAMP 1 - A BASKET OF APPLES,
The darling hand appliqued and quilted apple pie quilt gifted to me from dear Donna inspired me to add my Betty Crocker Pie Parade Cookbook.
"Ooooh that looks pretty! " I said to no one in particular.
As I continued layering , I ran to my "stitching basket" and snatched up my newly completed Apple Jam Jar which I shared a few weeks ago.
"Eeeh perfection!"
The Pear Stamp soon followed.
It was not long before the 3rd shelf was overflowing with apples galore!
After stepping back, taking a look and dusting myself off, I went to the downstairs door and yelled , "Honey, come here. Quick!"
Mr. Pinker came barreling up the stairs.
"What's up buttercup?" he asked.
"Lookie! Lookie! My hutch is all decorated for September.
| My kitchen is decorated in reds so the apples themed hutch fits in perfectly. |
"OOOPS wait! " I ran back over to the hutch, surveyed around me and chose a red tin to add to the top of the hutch. Most of the items on the top of the shelf always stay there, I just change out a little nook each month which this time I added an "Old Maid Raisin Cookies" tin.
"Now look , Sweetie. "
| The old hutch is decorated with all things red. |
"Hmmm... Yeah, " replied Mr. Pinker. " A lot of stuff. "
"Yep! Just the way I like it, " I replied with a twinkle in my eye.
"I know . " Mr. Pinker replied ( Hmmm... I swear I saw him roll his eyes. Hee! Hee! Oh well)
Finally, Mr. Pinker nodded and said , "It's pretty, but I would rather see an apple pie. "
"We shall see. We shall see, " I said with a grin and with that I began thumbing through my recipe books .
| STAMP 3 RAKING LEAVES |
Well, Sweethearts, that is my "Apple-icious Hutch " Tour in a nutshell. I know it is a lot to take in, but loads of color and clutter is my style. I am so very grateful that you dropped by for visit.
Just give me a few hours and I will have that apple pie out of the oven.
Have a super duper day, friends and remember....
You are the apple of my eye!
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Hope is like an apple seed- it grows into sweetness. "-
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026
Oh, Linda you are the sweetest. Your heartwarming compliment makes my heart swell. I am so honored that you spent time with me today. You always brighten my day. I am just so grateful. Have a very lovely day, dear. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteFrom bees to rosy red apples, you certainly enjoy your hutch decorating days. I'm sure the apple pie was delicious too.
ReplyDeleteOh I sure do, Jenny. It is always a joy to change things out and enjoy the seasonal pieces even for a short time. I wish you a lovely evening and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteI always enjoy seeing your hutch decorated for each season. I couldn't choose a favorite...glad I don't have to. But the apple season is magnificent. You have so many fabulous treasures and your cross stitch pieces nestled in is just perfect, Melisa.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Jeanna. I had a great time decorating the hutch in apples galore. I was so excited to add the apple jam jar to the mix. I am so grateful for the sweet visit. Warm hugs.
DeleteLove your apple season display, Melisa! So pretty! You have some great treasures.
ReplyDeleteAaw you are so very kind, Astrid. I enjoy decorating my hutch with my little treasures . They bring back lots of fond memories. I am so very grateful for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteThe apple hutch tour is perfect for the fall. You have so many lovely apple items. You definitely have a talent for decorating. Thanks for a fun tour and lots of ideas.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Alicia. I have been collecting apples for years and years. It is always a joy to bring them out for the season. Soon I will be changing the hutch to pumpkins . I hope you had a lovely day. Warm hugs.
DeleteOoooooh myyyyyyy! 🍎🍏🍎 I absolutely love love love your apple display! I think if I was at your house, I'd be looking at everything for hours 🤣 I love apple things so much! Your post totally made my day! Thank you for the tour 🥰
ReplyDeleteOh and guess what! I finally set up my new blog! Hope you'll come visit!
Hugs from Maine! 🍎🍎🍎
-Alex 🍁🍂
Oh how exciting, Alex. Oh yes, you will be there to visit with a cup of coffee in hand. I am so very happy for you. I do look forward to many visits in the future as well. Thank you for taking the time to drop by to see my humble hutch today. Warm hugs
DeleteOh, I love this apple decoration, so appropriate for this time of year.
ReplyDeleteIt's the perfect transition from summer to autumn, Melisa!
Hugs from Spain
You are so very kind, dear Isabel. I do love decorating for the season. I have been collecting apples for years . It is always a joy to see these little treasures especially come late summer. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Warm hugs.
DeleteI enjoy your story as much as your decor - lol! I love all your pretty apple-y cherished pieces and stitcheries, they look so pretty on the shelves. That Pie Parade BC cookbook is a true treasure. How was the pie? I'm seriously considering one this weekend. What kind of apples did you use?
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Linda. Hubby gets a kick out of me hustling about when I change things out. He doesn't always understand but he is obliging. LOL Oh I was tickled pink when I found the vintage cookbook. The pie was yummy . My sweet daughter gave me a bunch of Granny Smith apples which were perfect. I know you and your hubby are "pie people" like we are. Mmm what kind of pie are you thinking of making? Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs.
DeleteGrowing up we had that very same potato masher, haven't thought of that in years.
ReplyDeleteAaw I am so happy that the photo brought back fond memories, Vicki. I remember both my Granny and Nanny using their potato mashers and I have both of them. Nanny loved to make mashed potatoes and like her mom she would add sliced pickles on top. It was yummy. Have a blessed day, sweet friend. Hugs.
DeleteThis hutch has me wanting an apple pie, too. So many lovely treasures. My childhood neighbor had Watts pottery for her every day dishes. i always thought they were so pretty.
DeleteLOL I wish I could send a big slice of apple pie , Ginny. Oh I bet your neighbors Watts pottery was just beautiful . I just have a few pieces that I have picked up over the years. I do not see the around here that often so it is a delight when I find a piece for a thrifty price. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteThanks for the lovely tour, Melisa! I think all your beautiful apple pieces are lovely for fall. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Brenda. I have always enjoyed decorating for the apple season. Of course anything red captures my eye. LOL. I wish you a lovely day . Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteThat apple pie quilt that's embroidery and applique, do you have a pattern for that one? I didn't see a link. It's very different and I'd love to make one.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Lydia. That little quilt was a gift from Donna. I am not sure who the designer is, but I think it would be easy to replicate. It is about the size of a placemat. Each embroidered apple square measures around 2.5 inches . The applique pieces were cut using pinking sheers. It is an adorable piece . Isn't it? I could imagine a pumpkin pie quilt too. I showed a closer photo of it in my August 28th post if you want to take a look. I sure wish I could give you more info. on it. Warm hugs.
DeleteYou outdid yourself. So many pretty apples and red things. Definitely something to enjoy while autumn creeps in (at least I"m hoping it's going to creep in, the temps haven't gotten there yet).
ReplyDeleteAaw you are the sweetest, Kate. Oh yes, hopefully fall weather will creep in soon. Hee! Hee! Is it hotter than usual in your neck of the woods for this time of the year? It was 100 here the other day . I think it is unusually warmer here. Maybe we will get those fall temps. soon. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
Delete