| Summer and "For Viola Berry" I have not shared it yet. |
| A sunny quilt stack |
I also enjoy pulling out different little pot holders to enjoy for the season.
Creating plate stacks are a delight as well. Have I told you that I suffer from a severe case of ATP- Addiction to Plates. Hee! Hee! The sad thing about it is , I refuse treatment. ๐๐คฃ
See. Canisters are stacked upon more stacks of plates. Oh bother , what is a plate addict to do!
Stacks ,upon stacks , upon stacks!
"But what about Slow Stitching Sunday? ", you ask. Well , I am a girl on a mission!
I have moved the hoop 4 times this week on my Pretty in Peach Butterflies quilt. Eeeh! I am over halfway finished! I am doing a little happy dance!
Eight more blocks to quilt. It takes me around 2 hours to hand quilt a block. The blocks measure 15" finished.
I wish you the most delightful day of doing something you love.
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Every day of your life is a special occasion. "- Thomas S. Monson
Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐ค๐งต❤
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.
Frederique at Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday
Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework for Oh Scrap - Sunday
Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings
Pretty in Peach is coming along nicely, you are on a roll with this one!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have all of the butterflies quilted by next week. I am not sure if I will have to do that, but I am going to try. Thank you for the sweet visit, Jenny. Hugs.
DeleteOooh, everything looks so beautiful and inviting!!! I absolutely love your posts and photos!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Linda. I am trying to stay as busy as possible as I escape the heat . LOL. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend . Hugs.
Deletewhat a gorgeous butterfly quilt, Melisa--I just really love that vibe...
ReplyDeletePlates are so compelling--I have lots of little plates that are mis-matched and I love them...
I need to find a chest for display...and maybe a three-tiered tray??? hmmm...
Hugs Julierose
Oh yes, a chest or 3 tiered tray would be fabulous to enjoy your collection of little plates. I do hope find the perfect display piece. I have always had an affection for plates after seeing my Great Aunt's and Granny's collections. Thank you for the sweet visit, Julierose. Hugs.
DeleteIt seems my American friend has been very busy this Sunday!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your collections of plates and quilts.
Oh...and I really like that Christmas embroidery...a lot!
Hugs
Oh I have been trying to stay busy, Isabel. It certainly makes my heart Happy that Is for sure. Thank you for the sweet visit and for making my day special. Hugs.
DeleteThe butterfly quilt is looking great, Melisa. You'll have it finish in no time, at this rate. Stacks of quilts and stacks of plates...all look good to me :)
ReplyDeleteOh I sure hope so, Jeanna. I am trying my best to get a finish by the end of the month. I hope I can keep up the momentum. Thank you for the sweet visit. Have a great weekend. Hugs.
DeleteYou've made lots of progress on the stitching and the decor redo. How you have time for both in the same week amazes me. Hope you made good progress with your slow stitching yesterday.
ReplyDeleteAaw shucks, Kate . Thank you so much. I have the tendency to hip hop from project to project whether it is stitching, quilting or decorating. But I do feel like I have slowed down over the years. It always feels good to get a little something done though. LOL. Thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs.
DeleteI think your stacks of pretty plates are fun to see, Melisa! The quilting on Pretty in Peach sounds like it is coming right along. You'll have a finish before you know it! Hope you got lots of slow stitching done yesterday!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Diann. I started collecting plates when I was in college and have never stopped. I sure hope to have a finish soon. I am certainly on a mission. I hope you have had a great week. Hugs.
DeleteGosh your Pretty in Peach Butterflies are gorgeous! I'm with Kate. How you get all that you do accomplished in a short period of time amazes me. I hope you made lots of slow stitching progress yesterday!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Terry. I am definitely on a mission to finish Pretty In Peach. To be honest I feel like I don't get as much done as I used to. I have certainly slowed down, but I try . I wish you the most wonderful weekend. Hugs.
DeleteGreat progress on Pretty in Peach.
ReplyDeleteGees! It did it again. Love seeing all of your collections - plates, potholders, little yellow quilts (the little yellow chair is precious). So nice of Melva to send you a gift. It is very smoky around here with wildfires all around us. Some good rain would be such a blessing.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Ginny. I think that little yellow chair is my favorite. I could kick myself for not buying an orange one a couple of years ago. I have a thing for children's chairs. Oh I do hope the wildfires subside soon. I have been hearing about the fires all across the country. I do hope you are safe and my heart goes out to all of those affected. It is so sad to hear about the damage as well as the smoke. I wish I could send you some of our rain. Big hugs.
DeleteI love the yellows Melisa, and I guess I have ATP also. I'm glad there is a name for it - lol! Pretty in Peach is looking so, so lovely! I like the Winter Pines cross stitch.
ReplyDeleteLOL it is so fun to hear that I am not the only Plate-aholic. It is hard to resist a pretty plate or two . Right? I am moving right along on my quilt. I have been working on it every day so I have my fingers crossed for a finish soon. Thank you for the sweet visit, Linda. Hugs.
DeleteYour summer cross stitch looks so lovely and the pom-poms are a fabulous addition to your project. Your Sunday Quilt Stack is so precious. I do believe I had a pull toy like the one you shared. Am I dating myself? :) You are such a prolific creator of fiber arts! Congratulations on the progress on your Pretty in Peach Butterflies quilt!
ReplyDeleteAaw how fun. That little bee was my pull toy when I was a kid as well. I think toys were a lot cuter in our day. Don't you? LOL. Oh thank you so much for the sweet compliment. You truly made my day. Stitching and quilting give me so much peace. I think I could stitch 24/ 7 if I could . LOL. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteATP - sounds serious - but is seriously cute! love your plates and your stacks!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL hubby thinks I have a problem. Hee! Hee! I refuse to see it. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Alycia. Hugs.
DeleteI am a fan of your butterly quilt. Soo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAaaw thank you so much, Annelies. I am on a mission to get this quilt finished. I am working on it everyday so hopefully by the end of the month, I will have a finish. Fingers crossed. Hugs.
DeleteYou are getting closer to the pretty in peach. <3 Nice job! I look forward to seeing your LH quilt. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Melva. I am aiming for a finish this month. We shall see though. I am working on it each day. I also ordered more fabric for the LH quilt. Hopefully , it will be here soon. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.
DeleteHi Melisa, I enjoy your blog so much! I have never commented before, but I just had to when I read about ATP. My husband thanks you for putting a name to my affliction! Like you, I refuse treatment too! Lol
ReplyDeleteLOL I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with the affliction. Hee! Hee! I never met a plate I did not like . Have you? My hubby jokes that we will never be without a plate or teacup. I guess he is right. Thank you for bringing the biggest smile to my day! Woo Hoo for ATP! Hee Hee. Hugs.
DeleteI also have stacks and stacks of plates - the designs are so much fun. LOL The yellow summer display is very cheerful. The Pretty in Peach Butterfly quilt is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see the Winter Pines cross stitch. Have a great weekend. Alicia
ReplyDeleteLOL it is hard to resist a good plate to add to a collection. Right, Alicia? I think I got my love for "kitchen items " from my mom. Oh thank you so much for the kind compliments on my display , quilts and stitch. I am moving right along on all of the little projects. Have a fabulous start to your week. Hugs.
DeleteI am very late in catching up with blog posts, Melisa!! I've missed a few of yours. I love your butterfly quilt. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you, Brenda. I know what it is like to be behind. It seems like this time of the year picks up and keeps getting busier and busier. Well at least for me. LOL. I appreciate the sweet visit. I hope you are staying cool and enjoy your time in the quilt room. Hugs.
Delete