Blog Archive

Monday, September 14, 2026

Stitching on the Road

 

I am sewing on a pair of britches today!
No not for me! For Mr. Scarecrow in my newest stitch that I am working on called "Pumpkins, Crows and a Scarecrow"



Actually, Mr. Pinker and I are trucking on down the road which gives me a good amount of time to work on some projects .
Do you enjoy stitching as you are riding in a vehicle? Or do you find yourself drifting into slumberland from the lull of the road? Me- well both.

Sooooo....
Have you made your plans for the week?

Though I will be visiting family members, I do hope to work on a few projects while away. I hope you do not mind if I share them with you.



Hmm.... What Should I do This Week? 
🌞1. Work on October's Tiny House. 

Tiny Pumpkin House in the works. 

🌞2. Work on October's Roundabout stitch. 
🌞3. Seek out some fabulous thrift shops. Hmmm. maybe find some treasures.
  
 
🌞4. Applique on my  Berries and Butterflies  quilt blocks. 

 
🌞5.Whatever other mischief I can get into. Now that should not be too hard.😁😇

As Mr. Pinker and I are away, I do have some preplanned posts for the week. Please do forgive me if it takes me a few days to get back with you. I never know how much internet service we will have or what we will get into, but I am sure you understand.

Well , Sweeties. I better let you get to your busy day. I wish you a humdinger of a week - in a good way! Love ya'! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Today is a good day to be happy.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


2025 Foyer tree

 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.

🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  

🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 

🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026

Four more chain blocks pieced for Melva's Irish Chain SAL. Four more to go! I am moving right along! 


If all goes well, I hope to post the following this week,
🌞 Apple hutch tour and finish
🌞 Halloween Parade
🌞 Sunflower Haven - a new House freebie
🌞 Scrappy quilting
🌞 Changing of the quilts 
But we shall see. You know how life and chores sometimes get in the way of all of the fun. But I do hope you will drop by when you have the chance. You know how I love visitors. 

29 comments:

  1. 1 work on October tiny house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to finishing the October house. Hopefully, it will be stitched and ready to share very soon. I am so very grateful that you stopped by for a sweet visit. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely family visit. Try not to get into too much mischief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Susie. We are having a great visit. I haven't got into too much mischief- yet! Hee! Hee! Have a fabulous day, sweetie. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Your new stitch looks to be a lot of fun!
    Have a good time visiting with family!
    I try to stitch while traveling - takes a lot longer considering some of the roads we travel ;-)
    Looking forward to the new tiny house!'
    Blessings and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Donna. I know what you mean about trying to stitch while traveling. We hit some bumpy roads which did not make smooth sailing for stitching, but that's ok. LOL. Have a fabulous day. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  4. Can’t wait to see the finished Tiny Pumpkin House. 🎃 Enjoy your getaway and visit with family. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, K. I am hoping the tiny house will be done soon. They usually do not take too long to whip up. We are having a great time with family. It is nice to get away every now and then. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. I never stitch while traveling. Since I was a little girl, I have always enjoyed just looking out the window. No matter where we are, there are so many things to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean, Linda. I usually put down my needle and thread once we get off the interstate. I enjoy seeing all of the sights on the back roads. I love looking at not only the landscape but the houses too. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you are having a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Happy stitching and safe travels. I used to cross stitch in the car, but it seems I stick myself to many times from the bumpy roads so I turned to crochet or knitting instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean about the bumpy roads ; they usually cut my stitching time short too. Sometimes, I just have to work on my applique. LOL But Crochet is a great idea. I bought some new yarn that I am hoping to make a potholder with. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  7. Safe travels. Visiting family is always a win. I can't stitch or read or anything much in the vehicles. I have motion sickness something fierce and after too many mishaps, I don't mess with it any more. So it is just watching the scenery out in front of me as we go down the road. So many pretties to work on and they all are looking really great. You are so generous to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, Ginny. We are having a great visit. Aaw how unfortunate to have motion sickness. Bless your heart. I am sure curvy windy roads wreaks havoc on your stomach. Viewing the pretty scenery is always nice though. You never know what you might spot when traveling.Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Hoping for safe travels for you two. Someitmes I try to read but, sewing takes me too many jabs. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, dear. We have made it to our destination and are having great time. Oh I know what you mean about the jabs; especially on bumpy roads - that is when I lay down my needle and thread and enjoy the ride. LOL. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  9. Dear friend, I absolutely love your stitching! I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you very kindly, Linda. You are always so positive and encouraging. We are having a lovely time and visit with family. Thankfully , the weather is nice too. I hope you are having a lovely week. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your family, Melisa!
    I think the pumpkin house is going to be one of my favorites.
    I'm worried that all the blogs in Europe are in the same boat, with no updates on the dashboard for posts from other blogs. Let's hope they fix it soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so curious as to what is going on with Blogger. It makes one think doesn't it. I hope that Blogger is fixed soon. Fingers crossed. I am so very grateful for the kind compliments on my new house, Isabel. I think it will be one of my favorites too. I hope you like it. Hugs and Blessings. And thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. I am loving those pumpkins and can't wait to see the finished designs. I can't work on projects while riding in a car due to motion sickness, but I can sleep. Have a wonderful time on your trip and be safe. Happy thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear that motion sickness is terrible. Bless your heart. I often find myself falling asleep on long trips. LOL. The new pumpkin house is working up rather quickly. I cannot wait to share it on the 1st. I hope you are having a fabulous week, Alicia. Thank you for the sweet Monday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. I finished my Stitcher's Suitcase for my Featherweight yesterday, so this week I am focusing on Marigold Mystery blocks and my final big block for Highland Heifers! Have fun on your trip, enjoy your family, and happy thrifting. I look forward to seeing your new treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh you are staying busy, Brenda. I cannot wait to see your projects especially the new heifer. They are the cutest! We are having a grand time with the family. I cannot thank you enough for the sweet visit. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  13. You've selected some nice projects for your trip. I'm catching up on housework, continuing a stitching project from my recent retreat and hope to get around to sewing Sewcialites 3's last block...finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I cannot wait to hear more about the retreat Jeanna. I bet you had a grand time. I am sure you are super excited to get into your quilting room and start on those blocks. Hopefully those "back home chores" will not take too long. Enjoy your day , sweet friend and thank you so much for catching up on my blog posts. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Enjoy the visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. We are having a great time with our youngest. The weather is nice though hot. I haven't been able to get in as much Stitching time but that is ok . Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. What fun you are having. I do not do things in the car - i get car sick so if all will allow - I am the driver!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Just Stitching and Quilting