Blog Archive

Friday, September 11, 2026

Paw Paws, Sheep and Quilting

 Muscadines and Paw Paws are getting ripe. 

The Paw Paw is not too pretty , but it is sweet and yummy .


Have you ever had a paw paw before?

There is not much to them, but they are oh so sweet.

The inside of a Paw Paw. 

Each paw paw usually has 6 to 8 large seeds which are about an inch in length. You just have to eat the pulp around the seeds and along the skin of the paw paw.  They are yummy!
If you would like to learn more about Paw Paws check out this article from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center

8 blocks pieced and 8 more to go on the  Irish Chain blocks .

Did you notice the Santa fabric? I always try to sneak some Christmas fabric into my scrappy quilts. 😀

Dear  Melva of Melva Loves Scraps blogspot has been hosting a wonderful Stitch Along recreating her Great Aunt Lala's Irish Chain quilt. 


In fact, she shared her final installment of the stitch- along yesterday.
But I am as slow as molasses so I am a little behind. 

I am aiming for 32 pieced blocks in my Irish Chain. 

I will be piecing 2 more blocks today. 

Thank you so much, Melva for sharing this quilt with us. You do so much for the quilting community. ❤😘


Oh what else can I show you? 
Hmmm ... Well
Last month I finished "Gratitude " in the Little House Sheep Virtues series which was gifted to me from sweet Donna. Thank you dear friend. I am loving these.


I am stitching the Sheep Virtues as one piece with 5 stitches separating each design.  The fabric is 14 count Aida which I tea/coffee dyed. 

It is time to move on to the next group of ewes . This chart is called "Kindness" .

 
Well I best get to work if I am going to catch up with Melva. Hee! Hee! If you are in the neighborhood , drop by . I have an extra machine or two and with all of us we can whip those blocks out in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail. 😀🐑🐑

Have a fantabulous day! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Begin each day with love and joy in your heart.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Frederique at   Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday

Angela of  So Scrappy  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Joy at Days Filled with Joy for Home Matters

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday





Plum Street Sampler has a darling patriotic freebie called "Happy Birthday , Mr. President " in her blog post dated February 18, 2018. 

💙💙💙 BLOGGER BLUES 💙💙💙

Oh dear, Blogger is  "glitching" again. I am not receiving updates on my Reading List. So I do apologize if I miss any of my sweet blogging friends posts. I am trying to pop in to see if you post each day.  


12 comments:

  1. You are ahead of me with the Irish Chain, I haven't done anything! I'm not sure when the start will happen. Your quilt is so bright and cheery. We have paw-paws here at our new house. They're not quite ready yet but soon. The grandsons love them! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing what colors you choose for your Irish Chain quilt, Gretchen. I know when you get started , you will whip it out in no time. Oh wonderful that you have Paw paw trees on your property. They are a great late summer treat. Thank you for the sweet visit, Gretchen. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I have never tasted a paw paw, but you've made me want to! Your Irish Chain blocks are beautiful, Melisa - I love the yellow background. Those Sheep Virtues pieces are sweet as can be. I bet you're enjoying stitching them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very sweet. We have to pick them quick once they get ripe because the squirrels love them. The muscadines are my favorite though- they are amazing. I am having a ball stitching the sheep virtues. They stitch up so quickly. Have a blessed day, Diann .Hugs.

      Delete
  3. I wish I was in your neighborhood. I think it would be wonderful to spend a day with you and your creativity! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be delightful, Sandi. And I would certainly have a nice cup of hot tea ready for you :) I am sure we would have a grand day stitching and chatting away. Thank you so much for bringing a bright smile to my day. I wish you the most lovely day. Warm hugs from the holler.

      Delete
  4. A nice hot cup of tea would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great with your Lala quilt, I love your colors. I have never seen nor tasted a pawpaw. Do you make pies with it or just eat it out of hand? Your needlework looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now we are just eating them right off of the tree. Though the trees have been growing for a few years; it has taken awhile before they put on fruit; in fact this is the 2nd year. We are just battling the squirrels to pick the fruit . LOL. Thank you for the sweet Saturday visit, Linda. I hope you are doing well. Stay cool and enjoy your day in the quilt room. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Lala is really coming along. I love your red centers. I'd love to stop by for a glass of iced tea and sewing. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on by, Susie. I will have the iced tea ready and I will even pick us some paw paws :) I have had a great day in the sewing room. I have 2 more blocks laid out for my chains; I hope to get to them today. Have a beautiful and blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Dear Melisa, Thanks for posting your patriotic hutch! I already see new inspirations! I found the “Honesty “pattern online, and I can’t wait to receive it! Thanks for the freebie link, too! It is such a fun pattern! You are kind and thoughtful…you make your followers feel loved and special! I hope you feel loved and special!! Blessings! Connie💕

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bee Buffet and a Little Bee Freebie