Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Bee Haven Cottage- A House Freebie

 A very lovely Tuesday morning to you, sweet friends.

Is your day off to a delightful start? I sure hope so. What do you have planned today? Anything fun or is it going to be one of those relaxing pj kinda day? Hee! Hee! 


I spent the day in my pjs yesterday sewing up a storm. Eeeh! It was wonderful!  It had been a little over a week since I had worked at my machine so I was excited as all get out. I will show you what I worked on in a later post. 


Thank you so much for all of the sweet well wishes. I have had two mishaps over the last few weeks which left me with broken ribs, but the last one was a fall down some slippery , wet camper steps after a rain. So do be careful when you go out on rainy days.  I think getting up and moving around is doing wonders. It is hard for me to sit and relax. I know some of you are the same way. 

The other day I picked up a "new to me" vintage cookbook published in 1979. Hmmm...🤔 When did 1979 become vintage? LOL. Is it? Maybe not.

 Anywhoo... the Joy with Honey cookbook is choked full of recipes that include honey. And it has the most adorable illustrations. 

The bee illustrations in the book were created by Vicki Dorsey


Speaking of honey... Let me show you my latest house finish. 

It is called Bee Haven Cottage. I finished stuffing it and stitching the seams closed last week. 

 I think it is sweet as ooey gooey , yummy to the tummy honey! 🍯Well maybe not that sweet, but sweet nonetheless. 😀



I think it is a perfect addition to my bee collection. What do you think? 

Bee Haven Cottage is surrounded by tall and small bee skeps and there is even one on the roof. 




But watch out for the ginormous bees! Yikes! I wouldn't want to be stung by one of those would you. 😀  Buzz! Buzz! 

 


Bee Haven Cottage was stitched using 12 DMC floss colors which includes: 

DMC 353, 414, 610, 730, 780, 781, 783, 844, 948, 3722, 3857, and 3859. 

I am sorry. I got snap happy on taking photos of Bee Haven Cottage. LOL

Since we are talking about colors , let me break down where the floss colors are located. 

🧵BORDER/ VINE: DMC colors 730, 353 and 3722

 🧵 GRASS: 730

🧵BEE SKEPS: 610 ( the bench) 780, 781, 783, and 844

🧵BRICKWORK: 3857, 3859

🧵WINDOWS: 948, 844

🧵DOOR: 948, 610

🧵ROOF: 414, 844

🧵BEES: 783, 844, 948

🧵FLOWERS: 948, 610

🧵PATHWAY: 414

Of course, you could use any colors that your sweet heart desires if you decided to stitch Bee Haven Cottage

Bee Haven Cottage was stitched on 14 count Coffee/ tea dyed Aida that I dyed myself. Using 14 count Aida, it measures around 5 1/8" x 5 5/8"  with a Design size of 71 x 78. 


🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵












🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

Another recipe from the Joy with Honey. I will be trying this Five Bean Salad recipe at our next get together. 


Now that Bee Haven Cottage is fully finished. I need to FFO Sunflower Haven that I showed sneak peeks of a few weeks ago. 


Sunflower Haven is being stitched on 14 count coffee/ tea dyed Aida. 

Plus I have started a new fall house.  It seems like I am slowly working through my lack of mojo. I guess it takes just a small spark to get the wheels turning again.  We shall see if this is it. 

I best get off here before I become a chatterbox. I know you have places to go and people to meet. So I wish you a BEEAUTIFUL DAY!  Love ya'! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Be your own kind of beautiful.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


I hope to post a Bee Hutch Tour sometime this week. So I hope you will drop back by for a Country Clutter tour. 
















59 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing a new design despite being ill, Melisa!
    I hope you recover soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome and thank you, Isabel for the sweet visit and kind well wishes. I had a good day yesterday and am ready to get back into my routine. I am just easing into it. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome, dear. I hope you enjoy this little busy home. Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh Melisa - you poor thing! Falling, broken ribs. Praying for a speedy and full recovery.
    Your new house is so cute - I'm planning on a small garden next year that will bring out the bees - maybe hang your bee house next to it to lure them ;-) Get well soon - Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Donna. You are so kind. Oooh you will have to keep me posted on your garden. I bet your mind is already swirling with ideas with what you would like to plant. The bees will be just delighted. Have a fabulous day. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty new Bee House stitchery Melisa--happy to hear that you are feeling a bit better--rib areas can really hurt --ouch!! I hope you continue to heal and are able to move more freely now...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Julierose. I enjoyed stitching this little house and it stitched up rather quickly too. I think a week of complete rest has done me good. I am still sore , but am moving carefully. Have a wonderful day. I hope you are getting in some deck quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Broken ribs are supposed to be really painful, no wonder you lost some mojo. Love the new sunflower house that you are working on. I think I want to start gathering a few sunflower themed stitchings and a wall quilt for my seasonal corner in the foyer. The bee haven is adorable as well with it's many bee skeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are . They back floating ribs are a pill . I couldn't even use my rotary cutter to cut fabric last week, but I tried it yesterday and I was able to do it - so Eeeh! I am getting better. Oooh a sunflower themed foyer! I love it. I do hope you will post a photo when you get your corner decorated. It is always so cute and inspirational. I adored seeing your Maple leaf quilt hanging off the balcony railings yesterday. I have always dreamed of a house where I could do that. Thank you for the sweet visit, Vicki. I hope your day is a fabulous one Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Sweet addition to the neighborhood! Broken ribs aren't any fun and I am glad you are feeling/doing better, dear Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin; it was one fun house to stitch up. I do need to gather all of my bee houses and enjoy them all together. Oh no the ribs are a pill ; there is really nothing you can do about them; it just takes time. I wish you a beautiful day. It is warm and sunny here in the holler today. I hope it is not too sweltering in your holler. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. How did I miss the news about your falls - I am so sorry! I'm glad you are feeling better - just take it easy while you have an excuse! Your Bee Haven Cottage is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it was just one of those things, Linda. I rarely have accidents or mishaps, but it had been raining and the steps were slippery and slip - there I went . LOL I felt quite foolish especially since others saw me. Hee! Hee! But I am feeling better with each passing day. I am thrilled to pieces on my latest house finish. I am hoping to make progress on my new house today. Thank you for dropping by. I hope you have a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your two mishaps. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Love the new Bee Haven Cottage 🐝 Looking forward to Sunflower Haven. Keep the houses coming. I love them all. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so very kind, K. Thank you so much for the sweet well wishes; I am feeling a whole lot better than I did last week. It just warms my heart that you enjoy my little houses. Hopefully , I can post a new one in the near future. Have a beautiful day. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  9. Ouch! Broken ribs. . .painful to move . . .even to breathe! How you've sewn and stitched and posted . . .you are one tough amazing woman! You latest finish is perfect for your display. You would think it was the centerpiece to the arrangement and not the last item you've stitched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are no fun in the park. LOL. It feels worse at night when I have to lay down, but I have been sleeping propped up which gives me a better rest. Thankfully, I am feeling so much better than I did last week and am able to get in the quilt room which certainly lifts my spirits. Aaw thank you so much for the kind compliment on my new house. I was so excited to put it on display. It really got me motivated to work on the next one. I hope you are having a lovely day in the quilt room, Terry. Thank you for stopping by. Hugs

      Delete
  10. Oh Melisa, those broken ribs are painful, I know. I'm glad you are up and about some and feeling better. Movement does help...if you don't OVERDO it! Bee Haven Cottage is adorable and I am already in love with Sunflower Haven!! Take care of yourself. Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Brenda. I am trying not to overdo it and really listening to my body. I think my spirits were lifted when I could get in the quilt room. LOL - you know how that is. I am so happy to add another little house to my collection. I am a bit obsessed stitching them. I wish you a lovely day and Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Yikes, Melisa! I sure hope your ribs heal quickly. Bee Haven Cottage is another adorable design. I love that it has another one of your brick houses in it. Thank you, as always, for sharing your charts with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you very kindly, Jeanna. I am feeling better with each passing day. Oh, I love stitching brick houses especially when the colors call to me. I have already started dreaming of another brick house. LOL. I wish you the most lovely day of stitching and quilting. Thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Good morning. It sounds like you are feeling better, but be careful not to overdo - broken ribs can be very painful. The Joy of Honey cookbook looks like fun addition and perfect for the Bee decor. The Bee Haven Cottage is adorable. Thanks for another wonderful house. Have a great day. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am Alicia and I am moving around a lot better, but I am taking it easy too knowing my limitations. I wish you could flip through this cookbook, Alicia. Each page has got the cutest bee illustrations and the recipes are fabulous. I already have tagged a few that I want to make. I hope you enjoy this newest little house. It stitched up in no time. Have a wonderful day and Happy stitching. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  13. Bee Haven Cottage is so pretty. The bricks are so fun. Oh, My! yes I would hate to be stung by that humungous bee. I would probably be a goner. Haha Enjoy trying the recipes. I love 5 bean salad. Sunflower Haven looks to be a little different shape than the norm. Can't wait to see the finish. Take good care of you and be careful.I have been unjoying your sunny header every time you post. The Bee tour will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. It was a fun house to stitch. LOL I would stay away from those bees too. Hee! Hee! I have a 5 bean recipe that I usually make but this one is a little different so I am excited to try it. I will let you know how it turns out. Oh yes, Sunflower Haven was inspired by a small house that I saw while traveling. I always enjoy looking at older houses and how they are added on to. I am amazed at the creativity of builders. I wish you the most wonderful day and thank you for stopping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Merci pour ce joli modèle, bon rétablissement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Sunny for the sweet well wishes. I am feeling better with each passing day. I hope you enjoy this little humble home. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  15. Glad to hear you're feeling better! And oh.my.goodness!!! What an adorable house stitch. I just finished your recent Americana one and was going to do the Maize house next but I might have to get started on Bee Haven Cottage instead! And that sweet little beehive quilt in the first photo? Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am feeling a lot better . It is nice to be up and moving around. I am so excited that you like the newest house stitch. I sure hope you enjoy it. The Maize House is one of my favorites . I pulled out the Maize basket sampler that I stitched to go with it, the other day. Do keep me posted on your progress. That little bee skep quilt was a super easy and fun one to make and a great use of scraps. Have a beautiful day and Happy stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Happy you are feeling better and hope you are able to sleep well. Broken ribs sound so painful! Not a doctor but i prescribe plenty of sewing to lift your spirits. Thank you for the Tomato stitch (the other day) and this new Bee House. I love stitching those houses! Annie with the ducks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Hee! I like your prescription, Annie. I worked at my sewing machine yesterday for the first time and I was elated! It definitely lifted my spirits. Oh I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you enjoy my humble little houses. I truly enjoy sharing them. I hope you enjoy this one as well. Have a fabulous day and thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. It sounds to be like--you need to have a talk to yourself about your body being better to you--and to help you to remember to take it slow and steady!!!! Praying for your continued healing--we need you to stay in your creative space--as we wait to see what you have created next!!!
    When my Mom was alive and I was living with her for about 10 months or so (she had cancer) I would wake her up at 9am every morning with this saying--Time to get up--we have things to so, places to go and people to met!!! She loved it and looked forward to me saying that every morning!! thanks for the memory--take care--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw such a sweet memory of your morning "wake up" for your dear late Mom. It warms my heart that this brought back such a loving memory. It sounds like you got her day off to the right start and lifted her spirits too. - Such a blessing. Oh yes, Di. I have had a stern talk to myself to slow it down and watch my steps. Hee! Hee! Hopefully, I will heed my words. LOL. I wish you the most fabulous day and thank you for the sweet well wishes and for brightening my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  18. I am so sorry to hear of your injury. It sounds very painful! Rest and do not overwork! Thank you once again for a sweet stitch! I can't wait to stitch it! The bee illustration in the cookbook is adorable, too! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Vicki. It was just one of those unexpected mishaps . Slowly but surely, I am feeling better. It is feeling nice to get back into my routine. I wish you could flip through the whole cookbook; it is filled with pure sweetness. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  19. Your bees are lovely - and they don't sting ;-) Sorry about the ribs - thats the worst spot right? You cant laugh or wiggle or ... well - breathe too deep. Hope they heal super fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL those are the best kind of bees. Hee! Hee! Oh yes, laughing , coughing and trying to lay on my side is terrible. But I am feeling better each day. Thank you for the sweet well wishes, Alycia. Have a super day in the quilt room. Hugs

      Delete
  20. Thank.you so much for another beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome and thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you enjoy this little humble home. Have a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  21. Falling and breaking a bone is awful - ask me how I know. 😳 Sounds like you are getting better, and I'm so glad to hear that. Bee Haven Cottage is delightful - thank you for sharing it with us, Melisa! I need something new to stitch on, and you always give me lots of choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it is , Diann. It sounds like you have had your share of mishaps too. No fun at all, but yes, I am feeling much better than last week and getting back into a routine helps. It is always a joy to see what you are stitching and quilting on, Diann. You give me a lot of inspiration too. I hope you are having a great day. Thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  22. ooooh i am loving the haven houses. Can't wait to see what the sunflower one looks like. I better get started on this Haven House series.. and a new fall house??!! i'm so excited!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww I am so happy that you like this little house. It was a fun one to stitch. I worked on FFOing the Sunflower one last night- it is very primitive and a little different. I cannot wait to share it. I hope you enjoy this little haven house. It brings a smile to my day that you will be adding it to your stitching list. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  23. Oh dear, I'm so sorry to read about your falls and broken ribs. Poor you, that's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Jenny. It was just one of those things that happened before you know it. Usually I am sure footed but the steps were just too slippery. But I am feeling much better than I did. Have a blessed day, Jenny. Hugs.

      Delete
  24. Oh my goodness Melisa I am so sorry to hear about your broken ribs. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I need to catch up on the blog. School started last week so I have been busier. I love this house so much! And the one that is coming too. So many amazing houses to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much for the sweet well wishes, Lisa. I am feeling a whole lot better than I did before which is a blessing. This is a super busy time of the year isn't it? And it will just keep getting busier. I hope everyone has a great year in school. Summer vacation goes way too fast. Right? Have a wonderful afternoon. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  25. OmG, I am sorry to read about your broken ribs. My best wishes for your recovery. Thank you for sharing the new house.
    Hugs, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Gabi. I just slipped and down the steps I went. Luckily, I am feeling better with each passing day. Oh, I do hope you enjoy the new little house. I am so very grateful for your sweet visits and kind words. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  26. Thank you very much for this beautiful pattern. Still busy stitching the one before this one, but I will stitch this one also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw I am so thrilled to hear that you are stitching my Home of Faith , Family and Freedom, Annelies. I hope you are enjoying each and every stitch. I cannot wait to see it. I am so honored that this one will go on your stitching list too. Thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  27. so sorry to hear about your broken ribs. Get better soon . thank you for your kindness and always sharing your ideas and patterns. Love them all.. You are so talent it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patty, thank you so much for the sweet well wishes.It was just one of those falls where I hit the steps at the wrong area. Ouchy! But I am feeling better each day. Aaw you are so sweet. I cannot tell you how much your kindness and sweet visits mean to me. I wish you the most lovely day. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  28. Oh Melisa Feel better soon!! Ive been wondering where you've been! Please take care of yourself. I love the new cottage, its adorable! Cant wait to see the sunflower one! Praying for a speedy recovery! Happy stitching! 💜 Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Erin. I spent a number of days just resting on the couch where I could be propped up. I did a humdinger on myself with that fall. LOL. but I am feeling better. Your sweet well wishes and prayers truly mean the world to me . I am so happy that you like my latest house. I look forward to sharing some new ones in the coming weeks. Thank you again and have a very blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  29. Broken ribs are no fun at all. So glad your mojo is coming back. The Bee House is really cute, but I'm a sucker for sunflowers, so that one is my favorite this week. Take care and heal up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on that , Kate. It was just one of those mishaps on a rainy day, but I am feeling better and getting in the quilt room certainly lifted my spirits. I am all into sunflower stitching right now. This one has been a delight to work on. Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. What a “sweet” Bee House 😍🐝 thank you for sharing your cross stitch houses with us

      Delete

Popular Posts

Gingerbread and An Autumn Acorn- A Fall Doodle Freebie