Monday, June 1, 2020

Welcome, ya'll!

Hello and welcome to my blog. For many years, I have admired others' blogs and have wanted to write one myself and so here I am jumping in. I hope to be sharing my love for quilting, cross stitching and all of the other crafty adventures I enjoy. So here goes!

Can you believe it is June already? So I pulled out some old stitching to place on the buffet  which included With Thy Needle and Thread's "June Word Play " and Lizzie Kate's "A Bit of June. These are some of my earlier pieces of stitching and finishing. I finished them in thrift store frames and embellished them with a little ribbon and buttons. Behind them  are little treasures that I have collected over the years including my blue transferware which is in an old scale. The quilt hanging up is my Sybil Ludington quilt  that I  designed and quilted years ago.  

 



Well that is a wrap for my 1st trial blog post. 

Happy Stitching, ya'll
Melisa

6 comments:

  1. So happy to see you have a blog now! I think you will really enjoy it! I look forward to all your posts because you have the most lovely things to share! This is a very beautiful display and so many wonderful things to look at. Your background quilt is very beautiful. I really need to make a patriotic themed quilt for myself. I have made a few for gifts, but none for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah thank you, Chari. This is going to be a learning experience. I hope to get the hang of it. I hope you do decide to create a patriotic quilt soon. I loved seeing the fabrics that you may use in the FQS Quilt SAL on your latest flosstube. I know you are dyeing to play with those lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogging!! I have been doing this for over 10 years now and it was my stress releiver when I was working but now since I am retired, it is my creative outlet and a "journal" of my life that my family can look back on when I am gone...Hopefully, that will not me for some time but who knows.....As I mentioned din a comment on a previous post, I am your newest follower
    Hugs
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to start a blog, but was apprehensive and to be honest I am not very tech savvy but with all that is going on in the world I decided to jump into it and learn. You are right it is a stress reliever and is now a way for me to connect with like minded people. I so appreciate you following me,Deb. You are very talented and I love reading about all that you do. Thank you also for leaving me a message.It tickle me pink. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melisa, I just read backward to this point and loved seeing your progress over the last few months! I have a long-neglected blog site that I should probably try & breathe some life into one of these days. :) You are so talented and so incredibly generous to share all your cuteness - charts, quilts, and displays - with the stitching community. Your enthusiasm is very contagious, to say the least, and I appreciate it no end! Thank you for encouraging your Instagram followers to come over & find you here - I'm so glad I did. -- Jani (@VintagePinker on IG)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melisa, I have missed you since you have been on a camping trip so I went back to your beginning and reread your blogs. You don’t realize how the mornings you post just make my heart happy. You are so sweet and generous with all your pieces of art you share with us. Thank you and I will never keep up with you but I Will keep working on my pinker pouch. ❤️🤗❤️🤗

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

All Is Well That Ends Well Monday