Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Rise And Shine, ya'll!

Happy Wednesday, ya'll!  So yesterday I got in the mood to do a little finishing on a cross stitch project.  Lingering in my "need to be FFOd" pile was this sweet design by Scissor Tail Designs called "Rise and Shine". I had stitched this last year during Stitch Maynia 2019 and though I loved it, I had not gotten around to fully finishing it. 
As I made my way to my craft room , I pondered as to how to finish this piece. Initially, I  thought that I might finish it on a galvanized bucket, but  soon I  changed my mind when I spied  this little loaf pan which I had acquired at the Goodwill for $.49 a few months ago. It was the perfect size .


Settling on how to finish  the stitch, I went to town gathering all of the supplies that I needed to complete the task at hand. I began my covering foam board with 3 layers of batting and then attached my stitching. I still was not satisfied with how it looked on the loaf pan so  I took a pair of old gingham pants that I never wore  and ripped little strips . Next, I  created a tiny ruffle to embellish the stitching and simply glued it in place. Placing the stitching on top of the loaf pan, completed my finish. Now I have a little place to store little bits and bobs and plus, it is a cute addition to my patriotic and chicken decor.  
 The perfect spot for this little stitched piece was on  the hutch in the kitchen among some of my old transferware and chicken decor all little goodies that I have found at the Goodwill. This happy little finish has found its Summer home. 
 Happy stitching, ya'll, 
Melisa





2 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of using the piece you made with a loaf pan!!! I may have to borrow that idea!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that little loaf pan at the Goodwill and knew I would find a use for it other than cooking-lol. I had originally thought of a quilted pin cushion, but this little cross stitch fit on it perfectly. Hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

You Got Bunnies? And Bunny House Saltbox Freebie.