Blog Archive

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Tiny Pumpkin House - A Fall Freebie

Roll out the pumpkins and bring on the spice! Today is National Pumpkin Spice Day! 


Hmmm... I think I will celebrate with a dash of Pumpkin Spice in my black coffee , AND  ...

My daughter gifted me my newest coffee mug . A little pumpkin spice in my coffee will be perfect on this hot autumn day. 

 I do think the warm aroma of a pumpkin spice candle is in order for the day. 😀

The Walmart pumpkin Spice candle has a nice fragrance but not too overwhelming. 


AND... since I have an extra small quilt hoop open- why not start quilting on another project. 

This little four patch is going to be going into the hoop today. I think I will call it Pumpkin Spice- it looks spicy doesn't it. LOL. 

I pieced this little four patch quilt using leftover fabrics from The Autumn Sixteen Patch which I pieced last year. 

The little four patches include fabric from my Four and Twenty Blackbirds Quilt. 

And what a perfect day to roll out a new tiny house for the month! Little roly poly pumpkins are growing in the yard. 

May I introduce to you  the Tiny Pumpkin House . It was actually the first Tiny house I stitched and it started the whole series. So I do have a soft spot for it. 

"A Pumpkin and A Crow" ( an upcoming freebie), Tiny Pumpkin House and "Pumpkin Basket" ( Hmmm... I do not believe I have shared it yet. 🤔) 

If you decide to stitch any of my designs , feel free to choose your own floss colors. I always use whatever floss colors I have on hand at the time and what suits my home decor. ❤

    The following DMC floss colors were used in the making of Tiny Pumpkin House (aka Tiny Pumpkin Patch House):

🍂 301-  right/ left pumpkins

🍂 722-  middle pumpkin

🍂 729-  main house

🍂 732- grass

🍂782-  house additions

🍂898 border, pumpkin stems

🍂 3371 roof, windows, doorway 

 Tiny Pumpkin House was stitched on 14 count tea/ coffee dyed Aida.  I posted on how I dye my Aida in 2024  in my Time to Dye- post. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵🧵







A finishing tutorial was shared in January 2026

Like all of my Tiny Houses, the Tiny Pumpkin House is finished in the same manner into a wee pin pillow with a bit of print fabric and lace. I shared the measurements in  my January 13, 2026 post along with the 1st house in the series, Tiny Winter's Day House. ( There will be 12 houses all together.)

If you have missed any of the other houses and are interested , just click on the colored links and you will be transported back to the post and the charts.
 

With Thy Needle and Thread's October Word Play

 Today, I hope to sit down to the sewing machine for a few "pieceful" hours but I also want to start pulling out my Halloween decor. - Mmmm decisions , decisions. 

Clipart from Vintage Fan girl blog 


So tell me . How are you  going to celebrate National Pumpkin Spice Day and the 1st of October? 

I sure hope you spend a few minutes of your day doing something that you love. 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Pumpkin spice makes everything nice!   "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤




Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 


If you have the chance , pop back in for an afternoon visit. I will be sharing the latest roundabout doodle around 1:00 p.m. CST. 

28 comments:

  1. Love this house. It's so different. The finishing is perfect, as usual. The little 4patch has such soft & sweet color fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. I have always had a soft spot for yellow houses. It was nice to use up some of the leftover fabrics for the little quilt rather than let them linger. The paisley print is a little busy but so pretty. Have a fabulous day . Hugs.

      Delete
  2. It's such a beautiful design, Melisa!
    It's perfect for kicking off October.
    I'm going to buy some pumpkin to make a soup for dinner in honor of Pumpkin Day 🎃
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Pumpkin Soup would be delightful and a perfect way to celebrate the 1st day of October. Thank you so much for the kind compliment on my tiny house. It was a fun little stitch. Enjoy your day and save me a bowl of soup. Yum! Yum! Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Good morning Melisa 🎃🎃🎃 Happy October! It’s my favorite month 🧡 I can’t believe you already shared 10 tiny houses with us! I remember seeing the first one and being so smitten with all of them. 😍
    I'm not a pumpkin spice person but I celebrate October with decorating with lots of pumpkins. All shapes, sizes and colors. We'll probably take a nice walk today and enjoy the beautiful foliage.
    Have a great day! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet the trees in their autumn colors are just spectacular, Alex. A stroll would be a lovely way to enjoy the 1st day of October. Our leaves have not changed much here. It is supposed to be 90 degrees- Wheww doesn't feel much like October yet. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my tiny houses. It is hard to believe there is just 2 more to go. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Happy First day of October! We actually had fall weather for about...oh...2 days...then it shot back up to summer weather again so I'll only be dreaming of fall weather for the next few weeks.
    Love the new tiny house - I've been collecting them and am thinking if there's going to be 12, maybe I'll make a tiny house sampler like your other samplers - it could happen! :-)
    Thank you for all the wonderful things you create for us! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Happy October, Donna. Oh I know what you mean about the weather. It is supposed to be a steamy 90 degrees today here in the holler. But rain is expected over the weekend- fingers crossed. Have you seen Annelies's Tiny Houses? She is doing it as one large sampler- it looks amazing. She makes me want to restitch mine. Thank you for much for saving the patterns and adding them to your stitching list. Have a beautiful sunny day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. That pumpkin house is just too sweet! The Pumpkin Spice block is beautiful. I have a pumpkin streusel bread I am wanting to try, but I'll probably wait and do it later this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Pumpkin Streusel Bread sounds delicious. This time of the year makes me want to bake something too- usually a pumpkin pie or a pumpkin roll. Do keep me posted how your bread turns out, Linda. Thank you so much for the sweet Thursday visit. Have a very lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. This tiny house is cute I am going to do all the tiny houses and put in a frame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw that will look fabulous. I am so very honored and touched that you will be stitching them. I hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and Happy Happy October, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Happy October! Oh yes we need to get our Halloween decor out don't we! Another cute house-I love the shape of this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am so ready to pull out all of the cute ghosts and jacks. I have already started pulling out the quilts. I cannot wait to see your Halloween quilts and decor Vicki. I wish you the most delightful day in the quilt room and Happy October. Thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. What a pretty four patch quilt. Love the light blue color mixed with the colors of autumn. Your Tiny Pumpkin House is adorable. I’ll be starting it soon. Have a great day. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thursday , K. I hope you are having a lovely day. Isn't that paisley fabric pretty? I have had it in my stash for years. These were bits leftover from the border of the 16 patch. It was good to use them up. I am so excited that you will be adding Tiny Pumpkin House to your stitching. I do hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Have a beautiful day and thank you so much for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. What a darling addition to the tiny house neighbor, Melisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin. The tiny neighborhood is growing . Soon my dough bowl will be filled. Hee! Hee! Have a beautiful and blessed 1st day of October. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  10. Yay for Pumpkin Spice!! Another cute tiny house, Melisa. I love the bowl full of them. I wasn't planning to decorate for Halloween this year but you've inspired me to pull out a few pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pumpkin spice season. Don't you, Jeanna? LOL. Oh how fun that you will be pulling out your Halloween decor. I do hope you will share some photos. You always have such pretty and inspiring displays. Enjoy your day and Happy October. And thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for this lovely tiny house pattern. Only ten days and I will be home to add new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are having a wonderful time, Annelies. I thought you might be on vacation. It is always nice to be able to get away even for just a spell. Thank you so much for the sweet Thursday visit. I wish you the most lovely day and I look forward to seeing your posts. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  12. National Pumpkin Spice Day! Well I guess I will have to make a pumpkin spice latte with lunch. The colors in the 4 patch are perfect for fall. The pumpkin tiny house is so cute. I am almost finished with the tiny sunflower house. I love them all. Your tiny houses look so great together in the bowl. I hope you find some "pieceful" time. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so excited to see your October tiny house on your blog today! I've pulled out the floss colors and a piece of Aida fabric and I'm ready to start stitching your cute design. We're finally getting some much needed rain in my neck of the woods... perfect stitching weather! Thank you so much Melisa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know it was pumpkin spice day, but I'm always happy to enjoy pumpkin flavors and scents, whatever day it is! Your tiny pumpkin house is just adorable, Melisa. I love the whole bunch of them - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely post Melisa! I love your new house design! I'm about to start on the Halloween Stamps Border, can't wait!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got no idea what pumpkin spice tastes like, maybe cinnamon, but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've led a sheltered life. . .I had no idea that today was Pumpkin Spice Day! I enjoyed learning what you did to honor it! Your tiny pumpkin house is a cutie. Your skill and artistry in coming up with such great designs is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Pumpkins, Pumpkins and More Pumpkins Hutch Tour