It's Friday! It's Friday Yeee Haw! It's Friday!
Good morning, Sweet friends . How are you on this lovely fall day?
I have had a long week of cleaning and organizing in the quilt room. Slowly but surely, I am making progress, but I will spare you the photos of the room bulging of stacks of fabrics and UFO's galore.
QUILT ALONG ALERT! QUILT ALONG ALERT!
Kathleen Tracy of Sentimental Stitcher is hosting a Scraps Stars QAL. She posted the introduction information and tips on making star points in her October, 2, 2026 post.
🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂
This week, I have been working on Little House Needlework's Sheep Virtues. A sweet gift from dear Donna. ( Thank you Donna. I am loving every stitch. 🤗)
Today , I will work on the sheep and the border. I am stitching the Sheep Virtues as one large piece. There are 5 stitch spaces between each design.
Time to move onto the sawtooth borders in "Oh My Stars and Pumpkins" , a sweet gift from Cheryle.💗 Thank you , Cheryle ; this is bringing me so much joy.
A wavy line was handstitched in the tan border using an off white thread.
Soon it will be time to turn down the black binding and whip it into place.
Oooh Let me show you a couple of my thrifty finds from a couple of weeks ago.
While in Texas, I picked up a vintage pottery pitcher from the 1990's and the darling crocheted pumpkin.
Ok Sweeties, that is my update this week - cleaning, stitching and quilting. Now I best put on my apron and head back to that quilt room. There is more cleaning to be done.
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"I can't get finished cleaning up my room because I get distracted by all of the cool stuff I find. "- unknown
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞Ghosts, Goblins and Jacks Galore - 2026 Halloween Parade - Halloween freebies up to September 16, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026
You've got some fun projects in the works. Happy stitching this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI love your Stars and Pumpkins - so cute! Do you know where I can find this? I would love to make a little wall hanging like this one.
ReplyDeleteLove that pitcher - what a find. And the cast iron pan - is that a candle? I looked at it and thought it was the weirdest scrambled egg mixture until I looked closer :-)
Blessings!
That pitcher is a treasure! Were you in east Texas? Glad you found some thrifities on your trip - that pumpkin is really cute.
ReplyDeleteA lovely new find, Melisa!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing. Have a great weekend! Hugs
"Oh My Stars and Pumpkins" is so lovely--what a fun quilt to work on for you, Melisa;)))
ReplyDelete57 here today and nice and sunny--maybe a walk by the river later on...best wishes for a great upcoming weekend hugs, Julierose
Cleaning up the sewing room is necessary at times, but definitely not the most fun way to spend your time! Those Little House sheep designs are just adorable. I love the tiny stars at Sentimental Stitcher, too - they might be hard to resist! Looks like you're making great progress on the stars and pumpkins project. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteYou haven't mentioned your new doggie for a while, I wonder if you still have him?
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your 'oh my Stars and Pumpkins' and those little houses - so stinkin cute❣️
ReplyDeleteI haven’t straightened up my quilt fabric in a while, but I usually find some great fabrics that I had forgotten about. It sounds like you are accomplishing a lot. I can’t wait to see the Little House Needlworks sheep and O My Stars and Pumpkins quilt completed. Enjoy the pitcher - it is a special find. Love the little pumpkin. Have a great weekend,
ReplyDeleteYour sheep virtues needlework is so cute and lovely! I also love your new pumpkin and stars quilt. I love fall days and this will be a long weekend, I wish you a happy one!
ReplyDeleteHugs