Since the quilts were changed. It was time to change the country clutter on the shelf in the small foyer.
I posted a closer look at the late summer quilts yesterday in my Changing of the Quilts.
But first I tackled the year round tree which is nestled in an old enamelware pot. Sunflowers and floral pics were gingerly tucked in the tree for the summer season.
Sunflowers which I finished on a Dollar Tree wooden arrow serves as a sunny tree topper.
| The little curly-q pics were a gift from dear Sonja. Thank you, dear.😘 ❤ |
Above the tree, I shooed away the Mr. and Mrs. Goose stitch which had hung all summer long. It was a thrifty find from last year. Do you know who was the designer?
HONK ! HONK!🪿🪿 I just love that geese are back in style. I am sure this is from the 1980's-90's .
Goode Huswife's "Ida Mae Crow" flew into it's place . Isn't she the sweetest? She is finished on a wooden plaque.
The vintage shelf is filled to the brim with vintage items and clutter galore!
Old green enamelware with a sweet stitch from Notforgotten Farm . It is a freebie called June .
Jars of honey and old pitchers.
Of course there are crocheted pieces tucked in crocks with stitched pieces gingerly displayed on top.
Be Blessed is a freebie from my sweet friend Vicki at , Stitchy McFloss blogspot
There are stacks of brown, green and yellow bowls.
Old utensils and More stitched pieces.
Plates, bowls, pitchers and stitching galore!
Love Bees" by Hinzeit , "Bee" a freebie from From the Heart Needleart and my Summer Ewe freebie shared years ago.
Corny little salt and pepper shakers nestled into vintage green pieces of pottery make me smile.
The dough bowl is filled with more kitchen utensils and stitched pieces including....
Queen Bee , a Little House Needleworks design, and "The Bee Happy, Bee Kind" , an old Prairie Grove Peddler freebie which I can no longer locate on their website.
And I must not forget to add a advertising tin.
There are even a few chickens.
A chicken in a crock pitcher. Cluck! Cluck!
Yep, every nook and cranny was filled.
Soon the bees will buzz away and crows will roost in their place along with roly poly pumpkins.
| 2020's Crow Display |
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Every flower that ever bloomed had a bee that believed in it. "- Unknown
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy . You are always on my mind and forever in my heart. ❤❤
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
| Have a Honey of a Day! Love ya! |
I'm seeing a definite slant toward autumn! I'm not ready yet for fall, summer has been too busy! Your cupboard and decorations look lovely, happy stitcing!
ReplyDeleteFor me it is still summer, but I love looking at your pictures.
ReplyDeleteA bit of all things growing and yellow with the bees and honey to top it off makes for a wonderful show! Not gardening this year really changes my perspective on things. The heat and the fires has me wanting cooler temps and rain. After crop harvest, though. My first priority.
ReplyDelete