Blog Archive

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Busy Bees and Sunny Sunflower Hutch Tour

Hello there, Sunshine! Welcome. Do come in and join me.

Buzz! Buzz! 🐝🐝 A little bee told me that  it is a perfect day for a Country Clutter tour.  

My homemade hutch is filled to the brim with all things yellow which includes busy , buzzing bees and sunny sunflowers. 


So if you are up to it. Let's take a gander . 
I forewarn you. I am a maximalist . I know it is not for all, but it is just my style. 

OK Now for the tour! 

The top of the hutch is rarely ever changed, but I did tuck in a little yellow tin . 


Each shelf was layered with bowls, plates and stitching galore. 


Two large stacked Pyrex bowls were perfect to nestle some sunflowers and a stitch in.  Blessed is a 2020 freebie from Stitching With the Housewives which is as cute as a button. 

 My Mini Bee Sampler looks quite at home in the little Dollar Tree wooden box that I painted and added my Home stitch to. 


The grand rooster was a thrifty find years ago. He has been in storage for quite a spell. He was as happy as a lark to be out among the sunflowers and bees. 

Now tell me. Who can resist sunflowers captured in a mason jar? Not me!  🌻


In past posts, I have told you about my "plate addiction."πŸ˜πŸ˜€ 
I am sure you have already spotted bookoos of them layered behind all of the clutter. 
But I haven't told you about my Pitcher Affliction. Hee! Hee!  I have never met a water pitcher that I did not like. 

Do any of you suffer from the same affliction? 

I pulled out my mustard yellow pitcher  and plopped the The Ole' Crow Saltbox right on top of it.  Perfect for a summer display. 

 Sunflower Strut Stamp is nestled in the hanging basket of eggs. 


Let's buzz down to the 2nd shelf. Shall we? πŸ Buzz! Buzz! 


Sunflower Sampler is gingerly propped on a stack of saucers.  The wooden bee skep was a Big Lots find over 20 years ago. I still love it. 


Front and center is The Hum of the Bees which was stitched on gray Rit dyed 14 count fabric. 

The little wooden spoon was a gift from my sweet sis and the knife sharpener was a thrifty find from New Mexico. We won't talk about my love for old "kitchen utensils".  


My one and only butter mold holds another ceramic rooster and " Dora Jane's Cabin on Sunflower Lane" . I stitched this cabin a couple of years ago, but have yet to post it. 


But we are not finished yet! The bottom shelf is overflowing with stitching and more stitching. I just could not contain myself and kept  adding more and more.  Eeeh! 

Behind all of the stitching are some of my platters. A few years ago Mom gave me a number of hers when she was cleaning out her cabinets. I enjoy having them on display as I have warm memories of the yummies that Mom used to serve on them. 

A modge podge of bee and sunflower decor with not an inch to spare. 

The little sunflower truck was a gift from my sweet friend, Joan. I believe this precious stitch is a Stitching with the Housewives design. I just adore it. Thank you , Joan. πŸ’›

Behind it on the stacks of plates is Annie and the gang in  Bees, Bloom and Chickens . This stitch was created in honor of my Great Grandma Annie who gathered and sold eggs to buy the dining room set that I now proudly own.  


In the Apiary Stamp is one of the newest stamps that I shared earlier this year. 

Last year, sweet Vivian sent me a beautiful card  filled with treasures.  She used my Blooms of Sunshine design on the front of the card.  Isn't the card magnificent? 


Look at the precious handmade envelopes. This is a treasure. Thank you, dear Vivian. I love having this out on display year round. πŸ’›


The precious honey pot and pitcher were moved from the counter to my hutch . This darling set was sent to me from my dear friend, PJ who spoils me rotten. Thank you again, sweet PJ. πŸ’›

Finished on an metal tile is "Sunflower Keeper" a possible stitch that I will share in the future. 


And I must not forget my scales that are always displayed on the hutch. Stacks upon stacks, of little bowls, doilies and stitches which includes Skeps and "Zilpha's Summer Cabin" , another house that I have not shared yet. (  I need more hours in the day to do all of the things. LOL Don't you? ) 


That's all she wrote!  The Busy Bees and Sunflower Hutch Tour is complete! That was a lot to take in . Wasn't it? 


Do you think I have enough "bee themed " items? LOL.  Yeah , I think I do . Yet, I am still stitching bees and sunflowers. 😁🐝🐝🐝

I was tempted to recreate last year's display which I adore, but I went with something different. If you would like to see  2025's Bears, Bees and Sunflower Hutch Tour just buzz on over and take a look.  I think I contained myself last year and did not use as many "things". LOL


Now that the tour is complete , maybe we can sit back and stitch awhile. Maybe I can rustle up some treats in the kitchen. And I definitely have coffee and iced tea for our enjoyment. 

 

As Always, 

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa

Thank you for the sweet visit. 

"Every flower that ever bloomed had a bee that believed in it.  " - unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my baby sister, Amy.   Love and miss you, Amo. 

15 comments:

  1. I just love your tours and this one is so bright and cheery! It's probably a good thing I don't have room for a hutch because I'd do just the same thing as you! :-) I shall live vicariously through you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have not only a pretty display, but one that obviously brings back lots of happy memories for you. It's hard to pick a favorite stitchery on display, you have so many pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a maximalist, Melisa?
    I hadn't noticed!...hahaha
    Luckily you are, and we can enjoy this wonderful exhibition of works related to sunflowers...it's pure summer.
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your sunflower and bees hutch tour. Just a perfect display for August πŸ’›πŸŒ»πŸSpotted the two cabin patterns you have not shared yet. Please do. Would love to add them to my collection. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you put out all your bee items or do you rotate from year to year? I used to have so many snowman related items that I did rotate. I got tired of lugging them up and down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the houses that you have not shared yet!! I have added them to my list to stitch with a notation they are not out yet - one of my favorite things to stitch are the beautiful and unique houses that you share - my collection obsession!! Thank you again for your generosity and giving me a quest to accomplish! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love!!!! As a maximalist I appreciate how you layer your displays to include all the things! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this hutch tour and all the stitching! Yesterday I changed my green hutch decor from patriotic to a late summer theme of bees, farm and houses. Most of the other items are a soft green or blue-green. Most of the cross stitch are your designs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hutch tour, Melisa. I love the bees and sunflowers and all the yellow is soooo cheerful and makes me happy. I do share your "afflictions!" LOL I have some of my great grandmother's bowls on top of my cabinets and some of my mama's platters on display. I just love them. Thanks for the memories! Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hutch tours. While I decorate for seasons/holidays, I don't have a hutch. Displaying items together is so fun! I always enjoy seeing designs you have completed but not posted the patterns - the anticipation builds LOL. I love both new houses and Keeper of the Sunflowers I don't know how you find the time to design, create, and post. Have a great day. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tours of your beautiful hutches! I especially love the Sunflower keeper! I hope one day you will feel ready to share that special design. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tour! All the yellow made me smile! I was smitten with the sunflowers in the mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hutch full of bees, sunflowers, and pretty yellow dishes, Melisa! That little yellow pitcher is my favorite. Thanks for sharing your stitching designs - I might have found one that I need to start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tour of your bees and sunflowers displays, Melisa--so enjoy these posts...
    I have a yearning for little gravy boats--they make the neatest pin cushion holders...
    I miss thrifting with my Mom--she liked old saucers and bowls...what fun we had...
    Hugs for a great upcoming weekend...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bees and sunflowers are so pretty. I understand Plate Addiction and Pitcher Affliction - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Busy Bees and Sunny Sunflower Hutch Tour