Blog Archive

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Harvest Home Roundabout - A Fall Free Doodle

All stitched up and ready to go! My newest roundabout embroidery is hot off the presses! 




May I introduce to you-  "Harvest Home Roundabout"- just a humble home with a few pumpkins in the yard with the harvest moon shining high above. 



Harvest Home actually stitched up quickly. Though don't look too closely for you will be sure to see lots of wonky uneven stitches, but that is ok because I enjoyed each and every one! 

 JUST IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED

The following floss colors were used : 

🎃 Large Pumpkin: DMC 301

🎃 Small Pumpkin: DMC 976

🎃 Pumpkins' Stems: DMC 610

🎃 House:DMC 782

🎃 Roof, Door, Windows: DMC 3781

🎃 Grass:  DMC 830

🎃 Harvest Moon: DMC 436

🎃 Wind:DMC 840

🎃 Scalloped Border:DMC 469



My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect. ❤

The block is framed with 20-  2 1/2" squares( unfinished).  The embroidered block measures 8 1/2( unfinished) .  

After framing the embroidered block, the  roundabout measures 12 1/2" squared unfinished. 



If you missed any of the blocks and you are interested, just click on the colored links. 


Love Mail Roundabout

Welcoming March Roundabout Doodle 

Bunny Harvest Roundabout 







That's my newest roundabout!
Do you have any suggestions for November and December's roundabouts? 
If so, I would love to hear them. Your ideas give me so much inspiration for not only embroideries but for cross stitch pieces too. 

Have a happy day! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"May your dreams be sweet under the beauty and magic of the harvest moon.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much. Love you , Amo. 

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

 Tiny Pumpkin House  was posted this morning. I would love for you to drop by and take a closer look . 

 

21 comments:

  1. These Roundabouts are such sweet little monthly stitches and your quilt is shaping up to be so wonderful. Harvest Home is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your request after I finished. November ideas - Cornucopia, a cute Quaker couple, a fat turkey. December Ideas - Christmas tree, fireplace with stockings, Nativity scene, 3 Wise Men, Holiday dressed animals, angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. I am enjoying working on these blocks. Oooh I am so very grateful for all of the ideas. I am going to add these to my list and see what I can come up with. You certainly have sparked my imagination. I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute roundabout, Melisa. I love how this quilt is coming together. I amazed at all the small pieces in the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you kindly, Jeanna. I enjoy cutting out fabrics for the sashing. I have a little bin that I keep adding pieces to. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Harvest Home is a great design for fall. All of the embroidery roundabout designs are cute. Your quilt squares for this project are coming along nicely. I enjoy the surprise when you post your designs. Ginny has listed some good ideas. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, dear Alicia. I went around and around this month on what to embroider. This one stitched up pretty quickly. Oh yes, Ginny has given me a good list to brainstorm with. I wish you a lovely weekend . Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much, Linda. Slowly but surely my blocks are coming along. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Lovely and gorgeous doodle collection, Melisa!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great time working on this quilt, Isabel. Thank you so much for the sweet visit and kind words. I hope you are having a delightful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. What a great addition to your other Harvest themed doodles! Your artistic skills impressive with every post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks, thank you so much, Terry. It was a fun little stitch that did not take too awfully long. I am looking forward to finishing this quilt. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. I love this one - another to save - you really have next year all planned out for me, don't you? LOL! Thank you so much for your creativity and sharing it with us. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It tickles me to be an "enabler" LOL. Thank you so much, Donna for bringing a smile to my day . I hope you enjoy the little doodles. Warm hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  9. What a darling roundabout, Melisa! How about a cornucopia for November?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a wonderful idea, Robin. I always have had a fondness for cornucopias. I used to put one on my Thanksgiving table years ago. I may have to pull that out. Thank you for the sweet visit and idea, Robin. My mind is swirling with creative ideas now. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. All those roundabouts are so cute, but the Harvest House might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you so much Linda. I was pleasantly surprised how quick this one stitched up. I hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. A simple, but effective roundabout. It's going to be a very fun quilt when you have them all added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Kate. I am looking forward to finishing the quilt. I am already brainstorming on how to set the blocks. I hope you are having a lovely day in the quilt room. Hugs.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Just Stitching and Quilting