Late Summer Days are lazy on the farm. Well not really, but all is fine and dandy ! I would love for you to join me as we take a stroll on this "Not So Wordless Wednesday".
The hay is being baled and put in the barn and side sheds.
| An old pot on the fence post used for scooping feed. |
| Ole' Edna has an itch! Bless her heart. |
| The bees are buzzing in the bee yard. |
It is still hot here on the farm. So we best head to the house for a cool glass of sweet iced tea. Thank you so much for joining me today. It is always a joy when you visit.
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can't hurry the crops or make an ox in two days. "- Henri Alain
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who loved the farm so much
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
🌞Pumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
Lovely stroll thru the meadows.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Gabi
Aaw thank you so much, Gabi for taking a stroll on the farm with me today. I hope you are having a lovely week thus far. Hugs.
DeleteEnjoyed the trip through your farm. As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be "strolling along" the chicken coops. ;-) Blessings!
ReplyDeleteOh how fun, Donna! I bet they are a joy to see each morning. Are you getting eggs? Do keep me posted on how your hens are doing? I miss having my own chickens. Thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hugs.
DeleteLove those weathered boards on your buildings, and that first photo is just beautiful - what a pretty view! Your farm belongs in a magazine. :)
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Linda. Most of the wood for the barns and sheds came from trees from the property . They have been added onto several times over the years. It is a peaceful place that is for sure. Have a blessed and beautiful day, sweet friend. Hugs
DeleteAlways a lovely stroll with through the fields and around the farm buildings. Love it.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much , Susie for joining me today. I would love to be able to take a good walk down into the bottoms where the cows are but it has just been too hot. LOL. I wish you the most lovely day. Hugs.
DeleteLove getting a peek at the farm and what's going on there, Melisa! I hope the bees are happy and making honey for you. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the bees have been so busy this year, Diann. Mr. Pinker has already harvested some of the honey. I am not sure if he will harvest again or not. Thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. I hope you are having a beautiful day. Hugs.
DeleteOh my I just loved the walk around the farm today--nice break from all the sewing in the morning--and that one photo of the pot on the fence post--well--I might have just a nice chuckle over that one--hugs, di
ReplyDeleteLOL as we are traveling, I always love to see what is hanging on the fence posts on farms. We use our old pots and skillets for all kinds of "farm" scoops and feeders. Even the old bathtubs- Hee! Hee! Thank you for the sweet visit, Di. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteDear Melisa, thank you so much for sharing this tour, I really enjoyed seeing all your photos. Poor Edna, bless her heart!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your farm with us. I grew up on a farm and your pictures bring back a lot of memories. It is always fun to catch up with Edna.
ReplyDeleteFun photo update of the farm, Melisa!! Edna is the cutest!!!
ReplyDelete