Blog Archive

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Finishing the Jam Jar

 Hip Hip Hooray! Root- a toot toot! and Zippety Dooh Dah! 

Yeehaw! I have a finish!
 
Hey , I celebrate any little finish I can get done. Don't you? 😀😁

Welcome , my beautiful friends and Happy happy Thursday! 


So how has your day been thus far? Are you nearing any finishes yourself? It doesn't have to be stitching or crafting.  It can be anything. A good book, chores- yep anything. I say give yourself a good pat on the back . It makes for a sunnier day. 

Well, the Apple Jam Jar is all finished. Some of you may remember that , I shared the chart a few weeks ago as a CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS chart. 


So let me share what floss colors I used. 

I decided to use 3 different reds for my apples. 


FLOSS  : SYMBOL  MOTIF:
DMC 414 (O) Mason Jar lid      
DMC 3721 ( R) 1st apple on the bottom      
DMC 355 (R) 2nd apple on the bottom
DMC 356 (R) top apple
DMC 610 (V) Apple stem
DMC  640 (P)  Quilt star in the apples
DMC  782 ( Y)  Center of blossom
DMC 3371 ( • )  Jar
DMC  739 ( W) Blossom
DMC 732(X) Grass and Leaves
DMC 733 ( U ) Grass
DMC--- ( T) Wording


I am so very grateful that you shared a moment of your day with me. 

If you are in the neighborhood, drop by after lunch. I will be sharing my Apple-icious Hutch tour . My hutch is filled to the brim with apple goodness. 

Apple Hutch Tour will be posted at 12:00 CST
Have a great  day! 


As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Give me juicy autumnal fruit, ripe and red from the orchard.  "- Walt Whitman

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026

19 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Your apple jam jar is really cute - I've decided I have to live to at least 100 to work on all the beautiful patterns you give to us freely! Thank you!
    I don't know about anyone else but I am really picky about my bedsheets. I know - weird. Some sheets are suppose to be 100% cotton but are so slippery (and cold!) that I feel like I'm going to slide out of bed! some are really rough, no matter the thread count. So stop complaining Donna - and I did and I made my own. Just the right size so we don't steal the covers off each other and they're really cute! LOL! Plus, I made our pup Dash a new cover for his bed. Yep - been busy! Little finishes. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh , we need more hours in a day don't we, Donna. LOL . Thank you so much for the kind compliment on my little Apple Jam Jar. I am as pleased as punch as to how it came out. Oh how wonderful to make your own sheets for each of you and even sweet Dash go a new cover. I bet he was one happy fella. I was watching a lady on YouTube the other day who was talking about making her own sheets. She bought a nice king size sheet at the thrift store and then made 3 twin sizes for her camper van. She added ties to each side to tie hers down from shifting. Quite clever. Have a very lovely day . warm hugs.

      Delete
  2. Apple Jam Jar is perfect for this time of year, Melisa. I love the trim on your fully finish. The only thing I am nearing a finish to is the laundry! LOL! I noticed when I returned from my trip that my Reading List had not updated. So, I'll say ahead of time, I have a lot of blog reading to do. You'll see a bunch of comments from me...apologizing ahead of time. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jeanna, I sure hope you had a great trip and retreat. Those back home chores certainly keeps one busy . I look forward to hearing about your vacation- and seeing your stitch. Oh yes, Blogger has been on the fritz. I am hoping it is working - it looks like it is today. I so appreciate you taking the time to catch up on my latest blog posts. You are the sweetest. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Hugg

      Delete
  3. No finishes here, just floundering! Love the colors you chose for your apple jam jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shucks, Linda. We have those kinda days don't we? Sometimes I feel like I am spinning my wheels . I sure hope you are able to enjoy some time in the quilt room soon. You have so many wonderful projects in the works and I know even just spending a few minutes of your day on them is a delight. I have been wondering about the progress on your Barbie quilt . I think I told you I am smitten over it :) Have a blessed and beautiful day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I hope today to finish two items! Congrats on your finish, very cute and appropriate for September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I cannot wait to see what you are working on , Vicki. You always make me want to run to my quilt room and play with my fabrics. Enjoy your day working on your projects. It is so exciting to hear you are nearing a finish. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on a very cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Kate. I had hoped to have it finished earlier, but you know how that is. Sometimes I start chasing squirrels. Have a very lovely day in the quilt room .Warm hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  6. Love the Apple Jar finish. The "shiny spot" on each of the apples was just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Susie. This Apple Jam Jar had been brewing in my head for some years. It feels good to finally have it all stitched up and on display for the "apple season". I hope you are having a very lovely day. Hugs and Blessings.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful finish on the apple Jam Jar, Melisa--love the colors you chose--a "sweet" project;)))
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you very kindly Julierose. I debated and debated over the colors, but I am happy how the little jam jar finished. I am so very grateful that you stopped by for a Thursday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Sweet little apple jam jar, Melisa. Perfect for the apple season. I'm quilting my way to finish 'Solstice', my goal for September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love Solstice, Astrid. I have been dreaming of piecing a honeybee block quilt in the future. Yours is so inspiring . Thank you so much for the sweet Thursday visit. I wish you a lovely day of quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for posting the colors you used on the apple jam jar - I am not good at choosing my own colors. This pattern is so cute. I hope to start it next week if things go as planned LOL. Thanks for sharing. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so very welcome, Alicia. To be honest I am not good at choosing colors either. It is a hit or a miss with me. I debated on what to stitch the apples in but I soon settled on 3 red ones . I hope you enjoy stitching this little jam jar. I have already started another jar stitch for the Christmas season. I cannot wait to share it. Have a blessed day, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. Apple Jam Jar is perfect for this time of year, Melisa!
    I love this desing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

The Changing of the Quilts- Autumn Crows