"Uh-oh!" replied Mr. Pinker as he stared at me wide- eyed. I was busy dismantling all of the bee decor displayed on the little country pine hutch.
| Bye Bye, Bee decor! |
"Is it redecorating time? " he asked with a grin.
"It sure is, " I said as I began to pull out my new themed decor.
"What is it this time?" he inquired.
"Apples, silly. Didn't you notice all of the reds?" I replied with a smile.
Mr. Pinker nodded and retreated to the safety of downstairs for he knew it would be no time that plates galore and lots of knick knacks and stitching would be flying this way and that as I puttered with my little country hutch.
| Little saucers, plates and a vintage Betty Crocker cook book |
"Hmmm... now how many plates can I pack onto this wee hutch? " I asked myself.
I layered in lots of thrifted and Dollar Tree red and white plates on one shelf after the other.
It was not long before the first 2 shelves were filled to the brim. I have to admit that I stepped back and gave myself 2 pats on the back. My "Apple-icious Hutch " was coming together.
I even added in my Dolly Parton cookie jar.- So sweet.
Once I reached the bottom shelf, I began to throw in a modge podge of all things red and apple related.
The vintage juicer was filled with a bowl of old jello molds.
The newly thrifted potato masher was good to hold some tins and I even included a little stitch called STAMP 1 - A BASKET OF APPLES,
The darling hand appliqued and quilted apple pie quilt gifted to me from dear Donna inspired me to add my Betty Crocker Pie Parade Cookbook.
"Ooooh that looks pretty! " I said to no one in particular.
As I continued layering , I ran to my "stitching basket" and snatched up my newly completed Apple Jam Jar which I shared a few weeks ago.
"Eeeh perfection!"
The Pear Stamp soon followed.
It was not long before the 3rd shelf was overflowing with apples galore!
After stepping back, taking a look and dusting myself off, I went to the downstairs door and yelled , "Honey, come here. Quick!"
Mr. Pinker came barreling up the stairs.
"What's up buttercup?" he asked.
"Lookie! Lookie! My hutch is all decorated for September.
| My kitchen is decorated in reds so the apples themed hutch fits in perfectly. |
"OOOPS wait! " I ran back over to the hutch, surveyed around me and chose a red tin to add to the top of the hutch. Most of the items on the top of the shelf always stay there, I just change out a little nook each month which this time I added an "Old Maid Raisin Cookies" tin.
"Now look , Sweetie. "
| The old hutch is decorated with all things red. |
"Hmmm... Yeah, " replied Mr. Pinker. " A lot of stuff. "
"Yep! Just the way I like it, " I replied with a twinkle in my eye.
"I know . " Mr. Pinker replied ( Hmmm... I swear I saw him roll his eyes. Hee! Hee! Oh well)
Finally, Mr. Pinker nodded and said , "It's pretty, but I would rather see an apple pie. "
"We shall see. We shall see, " I said with a grin and with that I began thumbing through my recipe books .
| STAMP 3 RAKING LEAVES |
Well, Sweethearts, that is my "Apple-icious Hutch " Tour in a nutshell. I know it is a lot to take in, but loads of color and clutter is my style. I am so very grateful that you dropped by for visit.
Just give me a few hours and I will have that apple pie out of the oven.
Have a super duper day, friends and remember....
You are the apple of my eye!
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Hope is like an apple seed- it grows into sweetness. "-
Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
🌞Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
🌞A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026
Absolutely gorgeous. Every time I visit your blog and read your posts and look at your lovely photos, I feel as though I have actually visited you and had a cup of tea with you.
ReplyDeleteThank you. ❤️
Oh, Linda you are the sweetest. Your heartwarming compliment makes my heart swell. I am so honored that you spent time with me today. You always brighten my day. I am just so grateful. Have a very lovely day, dear. Hugs.
Delete