Pages

Friday, July 31, 2026

Three Cheers for the Red , White and Blue- A Patriotic Hutch Tour

 

Good Friday morning, y'all! How are you  doing on this fine lovely day?    I think I will wrap up July with a great big ole' country clutter tour!  What do you think?   I haven't posted one of those in a spell. Y'all who have been with me for awhile know that I am no minimalist. All of this  junk ahem I mean treasures sure make this gal a happy camper.  Are you up to taking a peek at my patriotic hutch ? It is filled to the brim with all sorts of stitching. Come on ! Let's go! 

Of course, I have filled every nook and cranny. I started with layering in the background my Pioneer Woman plates just for a bit of color and then I brought in all things red, white and blue. 


  I did not change anything on top of the hutch. It has tins filled with dishes and old Coca Cola crates. I did add some yellow floral garland and a cherry garland to soften the lines. 

The tins hold plates and Christmas ornaments. The garland softens the lines of the hutch.

Every year I display Nanny's red coffee canister  for the patriotic season. I found the little Tea canister years ago at the thrift store. 


The Uncle Sam stitch is a new design of mine that I actually stitched a few years ago, but it has been hanging in the wings to be fully finished. It will probably be a freebie next year if I don't forget. 


Do you remember the chalkware wall decor of the 70's? (Maybe its plaster.)   Well,  I pulled out my cherry chalkware piece to prop on my shelf. It brings back  lots of fond memories.  On the stack of plates is Liberty  and House of Liberty , another future freebie. 


Oh , I forgot to mention , if you see anything you are interested in just click on the colored links and you will be magically transported back to the post with the chart. 

In the hanging egg basket, I displayed a little cherry stitch. It was a super quick piece that I stitched about 8 years ago. I found it on Pinterest but for the life of me , I cannot remember who the designer is. Do you happen to know ?  Oh bother,  my memory fails me.😏🤔


Hold it! 
Are your eyes crossed yet? 🥴🤪 I know. I know. It is a lot to take in, but there is still more. So let's shimmy down to the 2nd shelf shall we. 

The second shelf holds more stitching and an old teapot. 

The little red tea pot is actually strawberry themed. I just turned it around so the strawberries would not be seen.  The darling clothespin flag was a gift from my sweet friend, Patricia. It is always on my hutch or buffet for the patriotic season. I just love it! ❤ Thank you , Patricia. 



Front and center is Little Miss Liberty I shared her a few years ago. Isn't she precious with her lantern as she walks  among the flowers? 


"Little Miss Liberty" is surrounded by wee patriotic stamps including: Patriotic House Stamp, Pop Goes The Fireworks Truck StampMini Patriotic Jar Stamp,   and I even included a strawberry stamp called Strawberry Basket Stamp.

A bowl of Patriotic stamps. 

 On the silver butter plate , is U. S. A., a piece that I shared in 2024. 




 Strawberry Jam Jar is tucked in the corner on top of an overturned bowl. 


Wheww! Still one more shelf to go. As you can see,  it is filled with a modge podge of items. 


The vintage juicer is filled with a bowl of faux strawberries.  I then layered the shelf with some cross stitch pieces along with vintage salt and pepper shakers that my dear sis gifted  me. 
"Freedom Rings" is a piece I worked on last year. I haven't posted her yet.



In 2021 , I stitched a whole series of Patriotic Wordies, just simple stitches that made for quick finishes. Old Glory was one of those stitches. 


I still think the 1776 Crock  is as cute as a two dollar button and is one of my favorite patriotic stitches. I stitched a whole series of crock pieces and I still have more brewing in my head, but those are for another day.  More stamps join  1776 Crock  including Summertime U.S.A. Stampand ...

 

    U.S.A. Stamp with Lizzie Kate's freebie called Freedom.


Do you know who designed this darling Uncle Sam? 
I know some of you stitched him. He was a freebie a few years ago, but for the life of me I cannot find my post about this darling little fella. Anywhoo... I finished him onto a trivet. He is another favorite that I enjoy bringing out during the patriotic season. 


Well Sweeties, that's all she wrote!  😀We made it to the end of the hutch tour. It was a lot to take in wasn't it, but to be honest I just could not help myself and kept adding more and more and more!!!😂 


Uncle Sam, Miss Liberty and all of the other patriotic stitches have marched back into their storage bins, and in their place came busy buzzing bees. So expect a full tour of the bee display in the coming days. 


If you are interested in seeing any of my previous patriotic hutch tours, just click the links below. You will see a lot of the same things- just switched around a bit.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2025 Country Red, White and Blue  Hutch Tour

2024-  Take Me Out To The Ballgame Hutch Tour


2022  Down on the Farm Patriotic Hutch.  ( I failed to post a tour in 2022) 


2021 My Country Patriotic Farm Hutch

2020 Country Patriotic Thrift Hutch

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 If you would like to see some of the seasonal hutch tours click on the links below
Hutch Tours of 2023-  Links to all of the monthly hutch displays for 2023
Hutch Tours of 2024 Links to all of the monthly hutch displays for 2023
Hutch Tours of 2025 Links to all of the monthly hutch tours of 2025. 

   

I guess, I have kept you long enough. I know you have places to go and things to do. But I just want you to know that I appreciate you so much for spending just a tad of your time with me. It really warms my heart. 
I hope you will drop by tomorrow . If all goes well, I will post a new Tiny House and a Roundabout Doodle. 
Have a beautiful day, Sweet friends. Love ya'! 😘💓 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

" Where liberty dwells, there is my country.  "- Benjamin Franklin

Hugs and Stitches!!!!🤗🧵❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy  who was a collector too.
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

14 comments:

  1. How I love your tours. Thank you for this one. Love looking at all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hutch tours too - I have no room for a hutch but your tours give me ideas for the future! Thank you so much. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tour Melisa! If I lived close I'd insist on a personal tour and then make my way to your porch swing and allow you to serve me sweet tea and a cookie (or two).:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like looking at a store display!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benjamin Franklin would turn in his grave if hè could see what your malistic narcissist president and his sycofants are doing to your country and the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome parade. I enjoyed taking my time looking the display featured in each photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so very creative with your hutch decor, Melisa. I see so many things I like each time you post one. I love the drum finish on Old Glory. See you later this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Uncle Sam is a JanLynn pattern..
    I enjoy all your posts and patterns. You are so very generous to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hutch tours are always so fun, Melisa! I love looking through them and seeing what you've put together. And of course I see pieces I want to stitch, too! Can't wait to see your bee pieces! Hugs! 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tour! I love seeing your stitched pieces in new ways, and the little glimpses of your designs to come! Such a feast of ideas and so much to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the tour! I really admire all your stitching and that red teapot. Can't wait for those new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is where you can find the Uncle Sam pattern. https://www.janlynn.com/docs/Uncle%20Sam.pdf Loved the tour! - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour of the patriotic cupboard, Melisa!
    I loved every single detail... truly beautiful.
    Hugs and have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your hutch treasures! And your stitches! Wish I could find the time to do it all!!

    ReplyDelete