Y'all it's just about that time of the year! Apple Pickin' Season! Oh, I cannot wait.
How about you?
| STAMP 1 - A BASKET OF APPLES |
Up on the mountain a few counties away, are some delightful apple orchards where apples galore are sold by the box.
Perhaps Mr. Pinker and I will take a day trip and snatch us a box or two. Maybe stop by the pepper patch and pick up a 5 gallon bucket of bell peppers for just $5.00 too. Oh, that would be wonderful.
Apple Crate |
I am pulling out more of my apple decor. Yesterday I went thrift shopping and found this fabulous apple spongeware canister.
"Oooh that will be perfect!" I squealed in delight . "Not only can I pair it with my blue enamelware but also with the gorgeous cross stitch that sweet Donna sent me a few weeks ago in a Blessing Box, " I told myself.
Aaaw don't you think they make a good pair? I am smitten.
She also sent this beautiful hand stitched and appliqued quilt. Swoon! Isn't it darling? π€ Or should I say apple-icious! ππ
Apples, quilts and a pie- now what is not to love. Hee! Hee! Thank you sweet Donna.❤π I will cherish these.
I may be moving the apple quilt in the near future to my hutch when I pull out more apple-icous goodies to display.
Speaking of apple goodies. I hope you do not mind if I sprinkle links to previous apple themed posts that I have shared in the past. There are recipes, mini quilt instructions, doodles , cross stitch and of course loads of country clutter or as some call it good ole' fashioned junk treasuresπ. If you are interested, just click on the colored links, Sweet peas and you will be magically transported back to the post.
Apple-icious Country Christmas Hutch Tour.
Apples, Apples, and More Apples Fall Hutch Tour - 2024
An Apple A Day Hutch Tour 2023 Fall Hutch display
Green Apple Butter Mini Quilt Instructions
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe
Nanny's Applesauce Cake Recipe - A 1940's recipe
Apple Mini Sampler No photo for this little cross stitch freebie. Even after all these years I am still working on it. LOL Slow as molasses
ππππππππππππ
Have I told you that I eat an apple every single day? I think I have . Anywhooo... I keep unsweetened applesauce in my pantry just in case I run out of apples before I can get to the grocery store.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away or so they say.
Behind my Granny's old log cabin were massive apple trees along a fence line. If we were lucky and if Granny was up to the trip, she would take us youngins' into the woods, past the small grape lined trellises to the apple trees with limbs drooping to the ground with ever so heavy apples. We would fill our little basket up with green apples . Of course , we could not resist eating an apple or two before we traipsed back through the weeds to the old log cabin.
| Apple Picking- A Heart Doodle Freebie |
Meanwhile back at Nanny's on the farm, there was cooking going on. She would be busy in the kitchen cooking a batch of her fresh fried apple fritters. Yum! Yum! They were always a treat to enjoy especially when they came out of the old, deep iron skillet piping hot.
Nowadays, I settle for eating apples sliced with a dash of cinnamon, but every now and then I will treat myself to something special.
Cinnamon- Sugar Apples Recipe
Combine 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Set Aside. Core, peel and slice 2 -3 apples into wedges and sprinkle with cinnamon- Sugar mixture. Microwave in a microwavable safe dish on high setting until tender. Serve.
ππππππππππππ
Before you leave, may I show you the new apple design I am working on?
It is called Apple Jam Jar from the Mason Jar Series. Three large apples jammed into a jar.
I have just begun it and have not decided on the colors that I will use.
So I thought I would share it as a CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS CHART. Use as many or as few colors as you want. In fact you might want to add some colors.
Hmmm... Should I have 3 red apples or mix it up with red, yellow, and green apples? I am not sure, but I will keep you posted on my progress and I will update this post once it is completed.
π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅
If you are interested in stitching this piece, just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.
π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅π§΅
π§΅FREEBIE ALERT! FREEBIE ALERT π§΅
Herrschners just posted four Country Charm Ornaments freebie charts. OH MY GOSH ! They are as cute as a country button! I hope you will pop over to visit them.
I guess, I have rambled long enough.
Have a sweet day!
And...
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb, that is where the fruit is. "-
Hugs and Stitches!!!!π€π§΅❤
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!



Good Morning! It's apple season already? Here in FL it's hotter than...well...it's really hot ya know! ;-) I do love making apple butter in the crock pot. Letting it simmer all day ...man, that smells yummy! Dh globs a lot of it on his toast! I also make apple pie filling for not only apple pies but on top of ice cream! Yum! That apple pie quilt is darling! She knows you so well! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Friday, Donna. I wasn't sure if apple pickin' was going on yet, but I hopped on one farms website and they said they were already picking some varieties. Oh I do look forward to going . But yep, it is as hot as a pickled pepper here too! Wheew! When the heat set in , it really set in. Oooh , yum yum ! Nothing better than homemade apple butter and super yum on the pie filling to top of ice cream. Now you got me hungry, Donna. LOL . That would be perfect for a day like this. Don't ya' think? Thank you for bringing a smile to my day. Have a great weekend. Hugs.
DeleteOoooh how I love all your apple-y things! πππ Thank you for sharing and the new pattern! Those are some delicious looking apples! π
ReplyDeleteIt's been a loooong summer but now with school being back in session, we're slowly settling into our routine again. My dear dad passed away 2 months ago, and once again I had to spontaneously jump on a plane to Germany. I'm comforted by knowing that he's with my sister now. He's missed her so much. My mom will be visiting us for 3 weeks next month and I'm so excited! We'll be going to the apple orchard together ππππ But beforehand, I need to pull out my apple decor and finish the binding on my apple quilt ππ
Have an awesome day sweet friend! I hope you are well! π
-Alex in Maine
Oh Alex, I have been thinking about you. I remember when you told me your dear dad passed away. It has been a hard couple of years for you and your family. I am so very hard and I know how your heart aches especially being so far from you family. I am glad to hear your mom will be coming over for a long visit. It will probably do her good to get away even for just a spell. It sounds like you are staying super busy though. Oh it is so fun that you are working on apple projects too. Do keep me posted on your "apple themed decorating and your quilt. I am so excited for you. Have a wonderful weekend, dear. It is so good to hear from you. Take care . Hugs.
DeleteWhat a delicious memory you shared with us going down to Granny's apple orchard. Love the apple Xstitch pattern. Sweet as always with stars for the cores!
ReplyDeleteAaw shucks thank you so much, Susie. I always loved going up on the mountain to visit, Granny. Of course , us youngins' would never go to the Apple orchard alone for the fear of snakes - it was a ways from the cabin too, But we always had an adventure when visiting sweet Granny. I hope you are having a great summer. I look forward to hearing what you have been up to this month. Have a blessed and beautiful day, Susie. Hugs.
DeleteI hope you get to make your apple/pepper trip soon - sounds like fun. Fried apple fritters sound wonderful. Your apple decor is simply beautiful - I love them too, although I don't eat an apple a day. And I love chunky applesauce made with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon plus a tablespoon of salted butter and a dash of vanilla at the end - lol - not the healthiest but so good.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, your applesauce sounds yummy, Linda! I could slather that on a big fluffy biscuit and gobble it up! LOL. I am hoping hubby and I will be able to visit the orchards in the next coming weeks. We may wait till when more varieties are being picked, but I am sure it will be a busy season for the farmers on the mountain in the next few weeks. Thank you for the sweet morning visit. I hope your day is off to a great start. Hugs.
DeleteThe best apples we ever had were bought at a roadside stand in NY State, right after picking - so yummy! I love all of your apple quilts, doodles, and cross-stitch designs, Melisa. That's what I'll put out for September here. The apple mason jar is a sweet design, too!
ReplyDeleteAaw there is nothing like a fresh picked apple from the orchard. I miss the little fruit and veggie stands that used to be on the sides of the road here. People just do not do that anymore. Farming is not as prevalent in our area as it once was. It is funny how you always remember where you have something really yummy when on a trip. I do the same- like I remember where I had the best tasting peaches which was while camping in AL. Yum! Yum! Sweet memories- right? Thank you for the sweet visit, Diann. I wish you a fabulous weekend. Hugs.
Delete