One quilt out of the hoop and another is going in!
Eeeh, it is moving day for the quilt hoop!
I finished quilting the border on my Roll and Bake quilt. This has been my 15 a minute a day project for the week.
So now, Roll and Bake is officially out of the hoop.
If you missed these little free doodles that I posted a few years ago, just click on the colored links to visit the posts.
But there is binding to be added. I am using the Christmas fabric that came from the "Great bag of fabric" that my nephew gifted me a few years ago. So you can guess what I am going to be up to today. Binding!
 |
| 2 " wide strips cut for binding |
And then.... I will begin quilting this darling quilt sent to me by my sweet friend, Cheryle. She gifted me this quilt last year, but I wanted to save it to quilt during the "fall season". Isn't it gorgeous?
Swoon .๐งก๐ค Just love those four patch pumpkins. Thank you, dear Cheryle. ❤๐
Inspired by Cheryle beautiful quilt , I drew up a little stitch to work on called "Autumn Patchwork" . I will be working on it today.
"Autumn Patchwork" is a CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS CHART so you choose whatever colors your sweet heart desires .
The colors that are depicted in the chart MAY NOT be the colors that I choose when I stitch my piece.
I will certainly let you know what colors I settle on as I work on this little pumpkin patchwork.
๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต
If you are interested in stitching this piece, just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends.
๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต๐งต
FREEBIE ALERT:
Herrschners posted a Fall Bird freebie this week. It is a darling piece.
Well Sweeties, I think I have enough to keep me busy on this Slow Stitching Sunday . Don't you?
Have a beautiful day stitching away your dreams and...
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"A day spent with needle and thread is a good day. "-
Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐ค๐งต❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!
๐Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. ๐A Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October 4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป
A little Sunday quilt stack from days past.
๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป
I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needle workers to meet.
Frederique at Quilting Patchwork Applique for Patchwork & Quilts - Saturday
Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday
Melva at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew & Tell- Sunday
Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings
๐๐๐ BLOGGER BLUES ๐๐๐
Oh dear, Blogger is "acting wonky " again. I am not receiving updates on my Reading List. So I do apologize if I miss any of my sweet blogging friends posts. I am trying to pop in to see if you post each day.
Good Morning! I forget who but someone else mentioned that Blogger had a glitch and that it was being fixed.
ReplyDeleteI love that little quilt that your friend sent you! So cute! where do you get the time to do all these amazing things?
Thank you for the new pattern. Another on my to-do list.
Blessings!
Happy Happy Sunday, dear Donna. Oh yes, Blogger has been acting squirrely this week. Ugh. LOL. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Isn't the quilt darling. I quilted a pumpkin and star today. I am loving it. I wish you the most lovely week and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteLucky you with the gifted fall quilt, it's gonna be a beauty.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it darling, Vicki? It is going to be a joy to work on this quilt. Everything about it makes my heart leap! Have a blessed day, Vicki and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteThat autumnal quilt has stolen my heart, Melisa!
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely spectacular.
Hugs from Spain
Gosh , I feel the same, Isabel. I feel very blessed to be gifted such a darling quilt. I am so excited to work on it.I have chomping at the bits to start it. Have a blessed day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.
DeleteCongrats on finishing off the Christmas quilt. You'll have it done and ready to use this holiday. The autumn quilt is really cute and just perfect to be working on as the days cool day (Assuming they do at some point. Its easy to wonder after the brutal summer we've had).
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Kate. It has been years in the making so I am proud to be wrapping up the little gingerbread quilt. Oh yes, it will be a delight to work on the new Autumn quilt - Gosh , it is still hot here even after a short rainfall yesterday. Oh well, it will cool down soon. Fingers crossed. Have a fabulous week, Kate. Hugs.
DeleteOh that is a pretty fall quilt! Congrats on your Roll and Bake graduation out of the hoop day! That is such a cute fall stitch Melisa, it goes perfectly with my black and white check treasures in my kitchen!
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you very kindly, Linda. I am over the moon to have Roll and Bake out of the hoop and a new one in the hoop. I cannot wait to work on the little fall stitch. The colors of Cheryle's quilt really has given me inspiration. Have a blessed and beautiful week. Hugs
DeleteGood progress on your quilting! I just may have to get my stitching things out to do that new freebie. Thank you I really like it!
ReplyDeleteAaw Betty, I hope you like the little stitch. I cannot wait to start it myself. The colors in Cheryle's quilt just spoke to me so I thought a matching little stitch would be perfect. Have a wonderful evening and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.
DeleteThe Gingerbread quilt is looking so good. Your stitches are so nice and even. One more step, the binding, and it will be ready or the upcoming holiday season. Thank you for the little pumpkin stitch. I was thinking that it would make a good mini quilt, too. The bird stitch at Herschner's is a pretty one. Thanks for the link.
ReplyDeleteAaw thank you so much, Ginny. LOL I try on my stitches though they are not what they used to be as I age. You are so welcome on the little stitch. I am super excited to start it myself. Isn't the bird stitch darling? Gosh I just want to start all of the things. LOL. Have a wonderful week, Ginny and thank you again for stopping by. Hugs.
DeleteRoll 'N' Bake is a delightful quilt. I too will be binding a little quilt this afternoon. I'll do that while watching the Men's Championship Match of the US Open.
ReplyDeleteAaw well, I hope you get a lot accomplished, Susie. It sounds like a very relaxing evening. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on Roll and Bake I am over the moon to have the quilt completed. Have a blessed day. Hugs.
DeleteYou have been busy. The Gingerbread quilt is lovely. The embroidery is beautiful and the fabrics are perfect. The fall pumpkin quilt is fabulous - I love those pumpkins! And wow - another cross stitch freebie. The Fall Patchwork has been printed and added to that growing stitch list. Thank you for the visit. Have a great day. Alicia
ReplyDeleteAaw I hope you enjoy the little Autumn patchwork, Alicia. I think it will stitch up quickly. I already have my fabric dyed and ready to stitch on. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have Roll and Bake out of the hoop and to begin a new quilt. Getting ready for the holiday seasons and for fall is "sew " much fun. Thank you for the sweet visit. I hope you have had a very lovely day. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteI absolutely love seeing your progress and stitching projects! Beautiful work! If you wish, you can use another alternative for following the blogs you wish to, including mine, and both are free to use. Feedly or The Old Reader. I am using one of these and this is how I found your new post!!! Hope this helps you. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Linda thank you so much for telling me about Feedly and the Old Reader. I will have to check those out. Blogger has been having a lot of troubles lately hasn't it? I am so very grateful for the kind compliments on my projects, Linda. You are always so uplifting. Have a beautiful and blessed week. Warm hugs
DeleteYep--it is getting close to gingerbread time!!! And what a delightful quilt from a lovely friend to be working on this time of the year--and I am printing out the cute bird applique--you know how I love applique--thanks for new design--have a great week--hugs, di
ReplyDeleteGosh , Christmas will be here before we know . It seems like this time of the year just flies doesn't it. Oh I am so glad that you like the little bird- Herrshnners has some cute freebies. I cannot wait to see yours once you get started, Di. Thank you for the sweet visit. You always brighten my day. Hugs.
DeleteWhat a cute roll and bake quilt. Love decorating my kitchen with gingerbread for Christmas. Thanks for the autumn patchwork pattern. I’m going to wait for you to post the colors you used. K from NY
ReplyDeleteIt has been years since , I have decorated my whole kitchen in gingerbread. I was thinking I may do just that this year. It will be fun to change things up. I bet your gingerbread Christmas kitchen is magical, K. I hope to post my colors very soon. Have a blessed day and thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs.
DeleteMy updates aren't happening either. I thought it was my computer acting up, but seems to be a world wide blogger problem. So frustrating.
ReplyDeleteOh I agree, Jenny. It is frustrating, but luckily you are not alone . Hopefully , all will be worked out soon. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I look forward to catching up on what you have been up to . Thank you for the sweet visit. Hugs and Blessings.
DeleteLove the colors of that pumpkin quilt! Squeal worthy! - Angela
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, I agree, Angela. The fabrics are scrumptious. I wish you could see them in person. Cheryle created such a beautiful quilt; I am so blessed that she shared it with me. Have a fabulous week and thank you for the sweet Sunday visit. Hugs.
DeleteFinishing a hand quilting project is very satisfying. Your gingerbread quilt is really cute and will be ready in plenty of time for the upcoming Christmas season. The pumpkin quilt is the perfect project as fall approaches. Happy stitching! Gail at the cozy quilter.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute projects! I love the sweet little Christmas-y one especially.
ReplyDelete