Pages

▼

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Raining Cats and Jacks! And a Prim Halloween Freebie

It's raining cats and "jacks"  in the holler! πŸŒ§πŸ±πŸŽƒ

Happy Happy Saturday, sweet friends.  We finally are getting a spot of rain after a long dry spell. 

But before I get into my post , let me thank everyone for the sweetest compliments and visits on my last couple of posts. Blogger is giving me the blues and is not allowing me to reply back. Aaargh! 😜Maybe it will be better behaved tonight. Fingers crossed!

But back today's happenings. What to do on a rainy day? Well stitch and quilt ! Hee! Hee!

  Last night , cats and jacks jumped out of my attic as the rain began to fall. That is my Halloween decorations. 

Soon they were making their way onto the hutch. The theme of the hutch all started with Walmart's newest cat cookie jar. Swoon! Meow! Thumpity Thump!  I love it! πŸ€—πŸ˜ΊπŸ§‘πŸŽ”

The cat cookie jar is my newest Halloween piece from Walmart. They have the dog cookie jar too. 


By night's end, most of the goodies were on the hutch . Today I will continue to wrangle those Halloween pieces and change out the quilts.

But I do want to work on a little Prim Cat and Pumpkins Pinkeep . 


🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

If you are interested in stitching this piece,  just grab , the images. For printing tips, refer to the post Tips for Printing which has loads of tips from my sweet friends. 

🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡






Have you started decorating for Halloween yet? 

Oooh While I am thinking about it , let me skip down memory lane for a moment and share some snippets and links to past Halloween hutch tours. 
Ghostly Hutch Tour 2025- My hutch was filled with lots of ghosts.
 

Boo Hoo, 😒 there was no Halloween Hutch Tour in 2024. Mr. Pinker and I were camping in Texas.

BUT  What about 2023? Hmmmm

Aaah yes, I shared my Witch Apothecary Halloween Hutch  for 2023. 

2023 Halloween Hutch - Witch Apothecary 

2022 was dedicated to all things Jack- o- lanterns in my  Jacks, Jacks and More Jacks  October hutch theme. There were 45 Jacks on this hutch. Wheww! That's a lot! 


A Modge Podge of Halloween was the theme of my 2020 Halloween hutch. 


So how are you spending your day today? Is it starting to feel like Fall in your neck of the woods?

Well Punkins, I am off to see what I can get into. I hope you find a little joyful mischief to brighten your day too. 
Thank you for the sweet Saturday visit! Love ya'! 😽🧑

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"I'm  so glad  I live in a world where there are Octobers.  "- L. M. Montgomery

Hugs and Stitches!!!!πŸ€—πŸ§΅❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

🌞Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
🌞2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
🌞 Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
🌞A Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
🌞A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
🌞A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
🌞Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
🌞 A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

🌞Time to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
🌞Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
🌞Ghosts, Goblins and Jacks Galore - 2026 Halloween Parade - Halloween freebies up to September 16, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
🌞Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
🌞A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
🌞A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
🌞Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
🌞Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026
πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
 
Yesterday, I shared my Pumpkins, Pumpkins and More Pumpkins Hutch Tour. If you would like to see all of that country clutter, just click on the link. 



No comments:

Post a Comment