Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Oh My Stars and Pumpkins

"Whatcha' working on? " asked Little Mrs. S., my youngest daughter.

"I am quilting up a storm, " I replied. 


Little Mrs. S. smiled and went back to work as I quilted away .

 Mr. Pinker and I  have been visiting Little Mrs. S. for the last few days, but after a long and delightful visit we have made our way home. 

Little Mrs. S. has decorated her side table with pumpkins for the fall season. 

" One row  quilted and two more to go!" I shouted as Little Mrs. S. retreated to her home office. She gave me a thumbs up and disappeared.


This  darling quilt  was sent to me from sweet Cheryle. Thank you , dear friend . I am enjoying it so much. ❤๐Ÿค—

I think I will call it "Oh My Stars and Pumpkins!" 

I am quilting swirls in the pumpkins using a taupe thread.

 

Time to move the hoop and tackle another row. 

Autumn Patchwork  is all stitched up. I shared this little design a few weeks  ago inspired by the sweet quilt Cheryle sent me. 


Autumn Patchwork  was a CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS chart. If you are interested, here are the floss colors I used. 

FLOSS  : SYMBOL  MOTIF:
DMC 301 ( C) Rail Blocks
DMC 437 (W) Nine Patch blocks, Center block 
DMC 601( X) Pumpkin  Stem
DMC 730 ( V) Border
DMC 921(B) Corner blocks, Pumpkin
DMC 3371 ( • )  Border, Nine Patch blocks , Rail blocks


Pretty fabrics from Hobby Lobby. 



Little Mrs. S. and I spent a few days shopping. I picked up some yummy fabrics. 
And...
This fall plaque at Hobby Lobby which was 40 % off. 
 A small piece from Hobby Lobby . 

I thought the backside would make a good finishing piece for a small piece of cross stitch.

I may take the sticker off the backside and use it as a cross stitch finishing piece. 

AND...
I picked up a few skeins of floss. 



Alrighty, I still need to unpack and work on the dreaded laundry pile and then-- maybe then I can squeeze in some stitching  time. ๐Ÿ˜

Have a wonderful evening. 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"family where life begins and love never ends.  "- 

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

๐ŸŒžParade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
๐ŸŒž2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
๐ŸŒž Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐ŸŒžA Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
๐ŸŒžAutumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
๐ŸŒž A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

๐ŸŒžTime to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
๐ŸŒžPin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
๐ŸŒžGhosts, Goblins and Jacks Galore - 2026 Halloween Parade - Halloween freebies up to September 16, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ŸŒžTurkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐ŸŒžLet's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
๐ŸŒžColor Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026

I am joining these lovely ladies' link parties. I hope you check them out; they always have so many wonderful projects going on and provide the opportunity for other needleworkers to meet. 

Jennifer at Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday  Wait Loss- Wednesday

Denise at For the Love of Geese for Put Your Foot Down- Thursday

Nina at Creations, Quilts, Art , Whatever by Nina for Off the Wall Friday

Alycia's of Alycia's Quilts for Finished of Not Friday

Michelle  at From Bolt to Beauty for Beauty Pageant - Friday

Brenda at Songbird Designs for Monday Musings

Judy at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design Wall Monday
Carol at Quilt Schmilt  for To Do List Tuesday 



32 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to be able to visit your children's house and spend some time sewing your pumpkin and star quilt.
    It's truly spectacular, Melisa.
    Thank you for sharing a new cross-stitch design... I loved it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was, Isabel. We had a great time and hubby was able to work on some projects for her . I miss seeing her already. Thank you so much for the sweet visit, Isabel. I hope you are having a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! Love the cross stitch the quilt inspired , can’t wait to stitch it! You had a great shopping trip too - love the fabrics, the plaque will be very useful, and oooh those gorgeous threads! Why is it new threads are so much more inspiring than those we already have? Hugs, Barbara xxx alias @flashinscissors ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‹‍♀️๐Ÿ‘‹xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you are so right, Barbara. It is hard to resist picking up a few new floss colors . I had a grand time visiting my daughter . We visited a few antique shops and saw some sites as well. Thank you for dropping by for the sweet visit. I hope you are enjoying a great day of stitching. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Pumpkins and stars is the perfect quilt to be quilting this season, it's very pretty! Laundry does pile up while visiting but I'm thankful to have a washer and dryer, not a wringer washer or even by hand! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am thankful for washer and dryer too. They both go into overtime once that we return from a trip. I am having a ball working on Oh My Stars and Pumpkins. Hopefully , it will be finished in a few short days. Thank you for the sweet visit, Gretchen. Enjoy your day in the quilt room. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Hobby Lobby is always packed full of fun things to buy, my store is only 3 miles from my house, eek! Nice that you could get away and visit your daughter. I printed off Autumn patchwork and got no further as I couldn't decide which colors to use! So thank you for posting your choices as I like the look:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, How lucky are you to have a HL nearby. I have to travel an hours away to visit one- which I guess is a good thing for my pocketbook. Hee! Hee! Aaw you are so welcome, Vicki . I hope you enjoy Autumn Patchwork when you have the chance to stitch it. Thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. Have an awesome day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. It is wonderful to spend time with family. I also take a project or two with me. Oh My Stars and Pumpkins is beautiful - I wouldn't have thought of the dark fabric for the stars, but it looks great. Thanks for posting your color choices for Autumn Patchwork. It is a beautiful design. It is moving up on my stitch list. Currently, I am trying to finish some Halloween pieces including your little witch. I enjoy purchasing fabric and with my daughter - she always helps me choose more than I would by myself - LOL. I also purchased the little cutting boards at Hobby Lobby - it is such a fun place. It sounds like you had a great visit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is, Alicia. Our youngest daughter lives so far away; so it was nice to visit her and enjoy our time together. I am really enjoying "Oh my Stars..." Cheryle has inspired me to build up my collection of black fabrics. Those stars are so cute in black. Aaw how sweet that your daughter cheers you on in your stitching and purchasing. Does she stitch too? Neither of my girls have found the interest yet. Maybe someday. Oh , I do hope you are enjoying Little Broom Hilda. I am so honored she is on your stitching list, Alicia. Are you going to use the little cutting board as a finishing piece? It is as cute as a button displayed as it is . I have already set mine out until then. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Alicia. and thank you for always bringing a smile to my day.

      Delete
  6. Oooh I love the star and pumpkin quilt, the colors are so pretty together! And I'm in awe that you always hand quilt!
    Guess what! My mom arrived from Germany last night and will stay with us for 3 weeks! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm so excited to show her all my quilt and stitchy projects.
    Hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter! ๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alex, I am so happy that your dear Mom has arrived for a visit. I hope she is doing well and I know you and the family will enjoy each and every minute with her. I am sure you all will stay busy as well. Aaw thank you so m much for the kind words on my quilt, Alex. I am enjoying each and every stitch and I have high hopes to have it completed soon. Have a beautiful day and enjoy your time with Mama. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. So glad you had a good visit with your daughter. Sounds like she is much like I was with my Mom when I was younger - just check in every once in awhile to see how she was doing, but I didn't want details - LOL! Your fall projects are so, so cute. It's nice to be able to count on Hobby Lobby to have consistent sales every week. I've learned when to go buy fabric and get it on sale, and they do have some sweet fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda we had a grand ole' time with Little Mrs. S. I just get to see her a few times of the year since she lives in your neck of the woods. It is hard when a loved one is so far away. I sure wish I had a HL nearby. It is always a treat to get to visit one and I make sure that I pick up a few flosses whether I need them or not. I hope you are enjoying your day. Thank you for the sweet Wednesday visit. Hugs.

      Delete
  8. The pumpkin quilt is looking awesome, Melisa. How big is it? I love your daughter's pumpkin display on the side table. ๐Ÿงก The little quilt block stitch is darling and thank you for sharing your thread colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Robin. The little quilt is not too awfully big ; I guess about 18 x 20 or so - just guessing. So it should not take too long to quilt it. It was a delight to see that Little Mrs. S. had decorated for fall. She is slowly building up her fall decor- she loves pumpkins. I hope you are enjoying your day, Robin. Rain is expected this weekend so it may be headed your way. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your daughter. What a beautiful quilt you were gifted. And thanks for the Autumn Patchwork pattern. Can’t wait to start it. K from NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, dear K. It was a great visit. I am looking forward to when she comes for a visit in December which seems like so far away. Sigh. Oh I sure hope you enjoy the little Autumn Patchwork, K. Have a beautiful day and thank you again for always making my day special. Hugs.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad to read of your good visit with your daughter! What a fun piece you are hand quilting and what a great little cross stitch piece you were inspired by the quilt to design! Just lovely all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we did have a grand ole' time, Terry. I just wish she lived a little closer. I took way too many projects to work on , but the pumpkin quilt was easy to pull out and work on as she worked. Have a blessed and beautiful day. sweet friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. The pumpkin and stars quilt looks like a beauty - and it will be even better finished with your pretty quilting, Melisa! So glad you were able to go visit your daughter. Shopping at Hobby Lobby is always an adventure - they have so much stuff! It's definitely a good place to find embroidery floss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying each and every stitch, Diann. I am so blessed that sweet Cheryle gifted it too me ; it makes the perfect fall project. We had a wonderful time with the little one. I am looking forward to our next visit. Oh yes, HL is a fabulous place to visit. I just wish we had one closer to where I live. Have a beautiful day, Diann and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Lovely stitching projects, Melisa; mostly "z-z-z-zing" today from yesterday's Covid shot reaction!!
    :(((( hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julierose, I do hope that the shot doesn't take the starch out of you. Yes, do get your rest and hopefully, you will feel much better tomorrow. Thank you so much for the sweet visit. Warm hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  13. You are always stitching on something 'pretty'--glad you got to spend some time with your daughter and that you are both safely back home--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks, Di. Thank you so much. I am having a lovely time working on the quilt. In fact , I am moving on to the borders today. Eeeh- closing in on a finish. I hope you are have a great day. I look forward to hearing what you are working on. Big hugs and blessings.

      Delete
  14. Pumpkin and Stars is a perfect name for your gorgeous quilt. The little stamp you designed is adorable. You found some nice things at HL. Shopping and visiting with your daughter sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Jeanna. I am moving right along on this little quilt. I am so excited to be nearing a finish so I can enjoy it for the fall season. We did have a great time with our daughter. I miss her already. LOL. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  15. You sure have been busy! Love all the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, dear. I sure am trying to stay busy. It seems like this time of the year there is always a lot of hustle and bustle as the holidays approach. I wish you the most lovely day and thank you for dropping by. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. I love your Stars and Pumpkin quilt! It is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Sandi. I am so blessed that sweet Cheryle gifted it to me. It is a joy to work on. I have already moved on to the borders. Have a blessed day . Hugs.

      Delete