Crows, Crows and More Crows!
Welcome, Sweet friends and Happy, happy Thursday!
Do you think you are up for another country clutter tour today?
Aaaw come on. It may make your head swim and your eyes cross . LOL, but I promise you there is a whole lot to see.๐ฅด๐คช๐ค
Hmmm... How much can I cram into a small space? Well I whole lot Hee! Hee!
Let's go check out the thrifty shelf dressed in its "Autumn Glory!"
| Lots of stitching and vintage items on the old shelf. |
Usually I hang Blackbird Designs freebie called the "First Offering" in the foyer, but not this year.
My little thirfted bookcase was filled to the brim with my old brown pottery and other treasures.
There are bowls layered in bowls with little stitches including an old acorn stitch and Pumpkin Crow .
There are checkerboards, stacks of plates and brown pitchers.
The little checkeboard pumpkin was painted years ago using a thin wooden pumpkin form found at the Dollar Tree. The little Harvest Crow was a freebie from 2009 that I stitched years ago from Pinterest. You can see the chart on Robby's blog called Cash Strapped Crafting.
More crocks and bean pots with little doilies and rolled quilts.
Salt and Pepper shakers, old utensils and a vintage tin completes the fall look.
Oh, yes the shelf is filled to the brim! Can I add one more thing? Hmmm.... I am not sure. ๐
A little pumpkin and doily sits perfectly for the harvest season on an old potato masher.
In the pitcher is Heart in Hands' "Harvest Alphabet". I think that is what it called. Oh gosh, my mind is failing me again.
In the teeny cedar chest is a freebie called "Just A Little Autumn" from San- Man Originals.
Below the cake stand is the "Sunflower 1869 Crock". I don't believe I have shared it yet.
More crows, pumpkins and gourds on Granny's old drawer that is used as a shelf.
Amber bottles are a favorite to display during fall season.
Harvest Home was finished on a thrifted tin plaque.
The warm glows of orange , yellow and browns warms my heart for the fall season.
Most of the items have been collected or crafted over the years. Lots of memories are displayed on those old bookcase.
So that is my fall shelf in a nutshell.
Overflowing, yes! But I sure am happy with it!
If you would like to get a closer look at the quilts hanging in the foyer, check out last week's post The Changing of the Quilts- Autumn Crows.
Do you have a favorite area that you like to decorate for the Fall season?
As Always...
Happy Stitching and Quilting, y'all
Melisa
"Autumn has arrived. I hear it in the whispering of the leaves. "- Anujj Elviis
Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐ค๐งต❤
Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy who enjoyed all that Autumn had to offer.
I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo.
๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป๐ป
Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!๐Parade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
๐2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.
๐ Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies.
๐A Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐A Sunny Sunflower Parade- 2026 A parade of sunflower freebies up to September 3, 2026
๐Autumn Parade March- 2026 Fall Parade A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 10, 2026.
๐ A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026 A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026
๐Time to Dye- 2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric.
๐Pin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim.
๐Turkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed this date.
๐A Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date.
๐A Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐Let's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida
๐Color Tinting Embroidery Designs - Explanation on how I use crayons to color my designs for hand embroidery. - July 9, 2026
Mr. Pinker and I have been thrifting as we travel. I picked up a small Pyrex bowl along with some doilies .
Are you familiar with this Pyrex pattern? The pretty peachy pink will be perfect for spring decorating to add to my vintage Christmas decor. For a $1.99, I couldn't leave this sweet bowl behind.
The doilies match the bowl perfectly and were just fifty cents. Have I told you , I have an addiction to doilies? LOL
Crows and old brown pottery pieces--what could be better, Melisa!! Love your displays--
ReplyDeleteI used to have my Grand-mere's old brown beanpot--but it met with an accident a few years ago. i do miss seeing it on top of my curio cabinet where I had it displayed sporting flowers of the season...Lovely stitcheries--such fun visiting your vignettes....;)))
hugs, Julierose