Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

A Squirrely Roundabout - A Fall Doodle Freebie

Hello, Sweet friends . Around and Around we go! I have been working on my Roundabout quilt. 


My newest embroidery block is called "A Squirrely Roundabout"- just a sweet squirrel gathering an acorn for its winter stash. 

Graphic from Pinterest

I used the backstitch using 2 strands of floss. For the squirrel's eye and nose, the satin stitch was used. 

 JUST IN CASE YOU ARE INTERESTED

The following floss colors were used : 

๐Ÿฟ Squirrel: DMC 898

๐Ÿฟ Jacket: DMC 926 ( outline of jacket)  and 930(button,collar, cuffs, plaid and stitches)

๐Ÿฟ Branches: DMC 869 

๐Ÿฟ Leaves: DMC 3346, 355, 782

๐Ÿฟ Acorn:  DMC 435(cap) , 437 (acorn) 

๐Ÿฟ Scalloped Border: DMC 355


My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect. ❤

The block is framed with 20-  2 1/2" squares( unfinished).  The embroidered block measures 8 1/2( unfinished) .  

After framing the embroidered block, the  roundabout measures 12 1/2" squared unfinished. 


If you missed any of the blocks and you are interested, just click on the colored links. 


Love Mail Roundabout

Welcoming March Roundabout Doodle 

Bunny Harvest Roundabout 







I will keep it short and sweet today. I will be pulling fabrics and flosses for I have a new roundabout to begin. 
Have a happy day! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Mighty oaks  from little acorns grow.  "- Geoffrey Chaucer

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

๐ŸŒžParade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
๐ŸŒž2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
๐ŸŒž Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025- Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐ŸŒžA Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
๐ŸŒžPumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
๐ŸŒž A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

๐ŸŒžTime to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
๐ŸŒžPin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
๐ŸŒžA Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ŸŒžTurkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐ŸŒžLet's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 

14 comments:

  1. A cute addition to the roundabouts! Where do you come up with these great ideas? Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw shucks, thank you so much, Donna. That little fella was a fun one to stitch. I do enjoy watching the squirrels scamper about our yard . They are very active right now. Have a wonderful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Your roundabout quilt looks so beautiful, it is going to be a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Linda. I am still deciding if I want to sash the blocks. I hope you are enjoying your day. It looks like it is going to be another hot one. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Very fun blocks. You've nailed each season with that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kate. I have a soft spot for squirrels so I just had to have one all stitched up for my quilt. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Robin. He was a delight to stitch and worked up rather quickly once that I chose the floss colors. I hope to make progress on the next block this week. Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. It's getting even prettier with the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very kind, Vicki. My mind is already swirling with ideas on finishing this quilt. Hopefully, I can spend time working on the next block this week. I wish you a lovely day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Melisa, you do such a lovely job embroidering with DMC floss--how in the world do you keep the two or three strands from getting all tangles, uneven and knotted??? I love its sheen, but rarely use it because i cannot control it!! (aaargh!!) Lovely roundabouts--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw Julierose, thank you so much for the kind words. Oh, I hear you on the struggles with the floss. Sometimes I run my floss through beeswax to tame those tangles. As I get older, my embroidery is not what it used to be. LOL, But I do enjoy the process . Seeing your beautiful work and creativity always gives me inspiration. Have a blessed day. Warm hugs.

      Delete
  7. I love your roundabouts, Melisa! Each new one is so appealing and the way you are surrounding thenpm with the patchwork squares is so fun. I want to stitch every one - saving for a "someday" project. Thanks for sharing those with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so touched that you are saving these little doodles for a later project, Diann. I am having a ball working on them. I am still debating on whether to enlarge the blocks but I still have a few months to stew on it. Thank you for the sweet visit and have a great day. Hugs.

      Delete