Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Bees and Blooms Roundabout Doodle

Welcome back, Sweet Peas. 
I won't keep you long. I just wanted to show you my update on my Roundabout quilt.The blocks are coming along. 


 "Bees and Blooms" is the 8th block in the series . Buzz ! Buzz! 


Graphic from Pinterest.
 
I used 2 strands of floss and used the backstitch for most of the stitch.

But I also used the following stitches:

๐Ÿ Lazy Daisy Stitch for the leaves, Bee balm blooms and the bees' wings
๐Ÿ Small satin stitch for the bees' heads and stripes.   

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ



I  used the following floss colors:
 
๐Ÿ  DMC 898 ( bee skep bench) 
๐Ÿ DMC 782 ( bee skep)  
๐Ÿ DMC 3346 (flower stem and leaves) 
๐Ÿ DMC 3777 (Bee balm blooms)
๐Ÿ DMC 3799 ( bees, bee skep hole) 
๐ŸDMC 930 ( scalloped border) 




The Roundabout was stitched on 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"  (unfinished) white fabric. 
It is framed with 20 -  2 1/2" squares (unfinished) 

The Roundabout Block  with Scrappy Borders Measures:  12 1/2" x 12 1/2" ( unfinished)


๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฏ

 


My doodles are hand drawn and are never perfect. ❤

 Here are all of my stitched blocks laid out on my design floor. As you can see, I have already framed in my embroidery block for next month's stitch . I will be working on it today. 


I am still considering making these blocks bigger , but I  have made no definite plans. 


If you missed any of the blocks and you are interested just click on the colored links. 


Love Mail Roundabout

Welcoming March Roundabout Doodle 

Bunny Harvest Roundabout 







Well that's it , Sweeties. I told you I wouldn't ramble in the 2nd post. ๐Ÿ˜ Have a fabulous evening! 
And Happy Stitching! 

As Always...

Happy  Stitching and Quilting, y'all

Melisa 

"Kindness is the pollen that helps the world bloom.  "- Unknown

Hugs and Stitches!!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงต❤

Dedicated to my dear sister, Amy 
 I love and miss you so much.. Love you , Amo. 

๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰


 Other Posts That Might Strike Your Fancy!

๐ŸŒžParade of Homes 2026- Early 2026 parade of home freebies.
๐ŸŒž2026 Love Parade- A Parade of Previous Valentine Freebies- Valentine themed stitches up to Feb. 4, 2026.  
๐ŸŒž Root A Toot Toot Patriotic Parade Early 2024 patriotic freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Berry Nice Parade- A Look at Past Berry Freebies 2025Early 2025 berry Freebies. 
๐ŸŒžA Buzzy Bee Parade An early 2025 bee freebie parade.
๐ŸŒžA Sunny Sunflower Parade for 2025 A parade of sunflower freebies up to July 24, 2025
๐ŸŒžPumpkin, Leaves and Autumn Please- A Fall Parade 2025 A parade of Fall themed stitches and doodles up to September 8, 2025.
๐ŸŒž A Stomping Stamp Parade 2026  A parade of stamp cross stitch design freebies up to June 2, 2026

๐ŸŒžTime to Dye-  2024 post on how I tea/ Coffee Dye my fabric. 
๐ŸŒžPin Pillow Tutorial - 2023 post on how I finish my pin pillows with chenille trim. 
๐ŸŒžA Spooky Parade - Halloween freebies up to October  4, 2025. More Halloween pieces followed this date.
๐ŸŒžTurkey Struttin' Thanksgiving Parade 2025- Thanksgiving freebies up to the date of November 3, 2025. More Thanksgiving freebies followed  this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Christmas in July Parade of Past Freebies- 2026 A Parade of Christmas Freebies up to the date of July 6, 2026. More Christmas Freebies followed this date. 
๐ŸŒžA Chilly Parade of Winter Stitches 2025- A parade of Winter themed freebies up to the date of Dec. 21, 2025
๐ŸŒžLet's Dye Some Fabric- A tutorial on my process of dyeing Aida 



12 comments:

  1. Your Round About blocks are so very cute. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Kate. I hope to get a good amount done on next month's block. Fingers crossed. LOL. Happy quilting. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. The latest Roundabout is so pretty and perfect for the season. Thank you. Your quilt is coming together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Ginny. I am having a great time working on these little blocks. Hopefully, I will figure out how I am going to set them soon. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Love the Bees and Blooms Roundabout. Thank you for another adorable design. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw you are so welcome, Alicia and thank you for the kind compliment and sweet visit. I had a great time working on this little block. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. These Roundabout designs are just the cutest, Melisa! Thanks so much for sharing them. I love how you're bordering them, too. I'm keeping these on my to-be-stitched list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you so much, Diann. They are a relaxing project to work on in the evenings while watching TV. Hopefully, I will make progress on the next block this weekend. Have a lovely evening. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Such cute blocks and your scrappy setting sure sets them off well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Terry. I really got inspired when I started using my vintagey looking scraps. They make my heart sing. Have a blessed day. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Your embroidery looks so beautiful among those brightly colored squares.
    I loved it.๐Ÿ˜
    Kisses from Seville

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roundabout patterns are so beautiful! I especially love the scalloped border. And the scrappy blocks are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete